Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 10:31:02 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: T9 Live with reboot!  (Read 57574 times)
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 09:11:47 pm »

Freeport Slasher
ID: 151112

Also, not pally useable Sad

Also, Ninjastrike XI combine is working fine, but SoA combine won't work. I tried it with the book mats:

4xMagic Blue Diamond, 2 SLS, 2 Old Commons Essence and EoN. Also tried it without EoN (just in case =d)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 12:02:40 am by Kruciel » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 05:05:37 pm »

Leaf Scarabs only drop non-custom loot.

Giant Spiders and cursed venomfangs may need to have their aoe reduced. As soon as you aggro one of these, they aggro any NPC within a 100 mile radius, which results in them getting zerged by an army of NPCs.

Also, the mass wave undead event isn't really doable, which leads to us just ignoring it. The templar in the doorway of the tunnel is basically unkillable by mobs, so there's no threat to the camp either. The issue is just the NPCs fighting each other, which makes them very angry at the closest PC they have in their hitbox, regardless of how long I sit there building threat on the warrior. Maybe if the mobs could spawn at the undead camp in the desert and kinda stand around for a while similar to the Zerka event, giving a chance to intercept. Once the tunnel NPCs get involved, there's literally no point in going over there  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:08:10 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 06:07:28 pm »

yeah, if the event was zonewide shout and with them moved back away from the tunnel running towards it.. Maybe include a huge reaper leading the fodder.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 08:12:42 pm »

Leaf Scarabs only drop non-custom loot.

Giant Spiders and cursed venomfangs may need to have their aoe reduced. As soon as you aggro one of these, they aggro any NPC within a 100 mile radius, which results in them getting zerged by an army of NPCs.

Also, the mass wave undead event isn't really doable, which leads to us just ignoring it. The templar in the doorway of the tunnel is basically unkillable by mobs, so there's no threat to the camp either. The issue is just the NPCs fighting each other, which makes them very angry at the closest PC they have in their hitbox, regardless of how long I sit there building threat on the warrior. Maybe if the mobs could spawn at the undead camp in the desert and kinda stand around for a while similar to the Zerka event, giving a chance to intercept. Once the tunnel NPCs get involved, there's literally no point in going over there  Tongue

Giant Spiders and Cursed Venomfangs have 70 unit aggro radius. Same as most of the other NPCs in the zone. I'll see if there is something "odd" about their factions. Maybe they are accidentally set to force assists from non-faction mobs (i.e. wolves, snakes, etc).

The massive wave undead event is VERY doable and fairly easy to do. The testers roflstomped a lot of it. The thing that I can assume is that a lot of you are running in solo. This is fine, if you want a suicidal challenge, but a buddy can help. Even so, the undead event is HIGHLY random. You can get a very tiny spawn, which the guards can handle, or a very large spawn, which is likely to end in a wipe. As for the templars lasting forever, this was a similar issue with the perceived "Druids can't die" from Skin of the Drake. The healing delay was set too low on the paladin heal. I have doubled it and normalized the healing values on the cave NPCS to match the rest of the zone. (I had built them to be a bit more durable so players have more time, but since it's being ignored, I obviously made them too strong).

Once the tunnel is taken, the counters (and timers) for boss spawns get annihilated. I will not reveal specifically what happens when each faction takes over, but it heavily delays the time to spawn a boss(es).

yeah, if the event was zonewide shout and with them moved back away from the tunnel running towards it.. Maybe include a huge reaper leading the fodder.

I'll add a zonewide emote, similar to what Hunter had originally, when the undead spawn. The tunnel guard shouts it, but that seems to be a bit late. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 08:17:08 pm »

[The massive wave undead event is VERY doable and fairly easy to do. The testers roflstomped a lot of it.

The issue has nothing to do with amount of mobs or damage they do. The issue is 30 ghouls (random number) swinging on 5 tunnel NPCs. When I run up on the warrior, I can tank all 35 of them no problem. As soon as any of my melee engage, the pile of mobs starts swinging around randomly, resulting in all melee instantly dying. This is the NPC vs NPC threat table, similar to perma rooted mobs. Except you aren't fighting 1, you're fighting a swarm.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 09:48:13 pm »

The hitpoints on t9 epic skins are way off from their T8 counter-parts.  they are also missing the extra strike aug slot on knight/zerker weapons...for example:

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2014, 01:18:36 am »

21 delay on that 2hder... hax!

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 03:06:35 am »

Giant Spiders and Cursed Venomfangs have 70 unit aggro radius. Same as most of the other NPCs in the zone. I'll see if there is something "odd" about their factions. Maybe they are accidentally set to force assists from non-faction mobs (i.e. wolves, snakes, etc).

I think it's some kind of AoE they do when in combat, not their actual assist / aggro radius. The radius on the aoe is huuuuuuge Tongue The mobs around them don't seem to care about them at all until I take a swing at them, or another mob runs into them.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:09:12 am by Kruciel » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2014, 08:11:28 am »

Can't get the combines to work for Berserker Chest, Legs, Gloves, and Bracers. Made the Arms, Helm, and Boots just fine. I gave it a day and tried it again after reboot, because I had some serious problems with desync items etc yesterday during the eqemu lag for a bit. Usually that stuff sorts itself out upon zoning.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2014, 09:18:14 am »

I think that 2h is caster oriented, not zerk oriented. I imagine if you find the melee 2h in T9 the stats would be considerably better

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2014, 09:59:05 am »

Nah, he hasn't got to fixing all the stats/hps/regen/resists all the weapons I'm sure it will be pottered through this week(ish)

-Hate"
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2014, 11:06:01 am »

Is the zone really laggy?

Keeze
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2014, 11:15:20 am »

Some players having issues..

I'm playing full global all data all toons no filters full graphics.. no issues.. weird..

-Hate"
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2014, 11:30:59 am »

I think it just has to do with the size of the zone, mixed with how many npcs there are. I have some fps drops, but nothing under 30 so that's fine for me.

As for latency, I have been fine other than 1 zone crash, but that was eqemu taking a huge dump yesterday Tongue
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:22:03 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2014, 03:11:41 pm »

Is the zone really laggy?

If you are lagging from zone 'particle effects' .. you can remove the file 'oldcommons_EnvironmentEmitters.txt'   ... remove it and place it in a backup folder Smiley

I didn't see anything that was too crazy in the file though.. like in T7 there is that fucking fog shit.. if you remove the emitters file it gets rid of all that shit.. and no more lag from the foggy wall of death..

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)