Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:30:44 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Updates  (Read 15529 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2014, 12:41:53 pm »

Thye wife is a graphics designer by trade....if you like I can have her mod it a bit til its something all our own, but similar to what you see there.

And it can be said that Dragon Age "borrowed" that from any one of a dozen different sources. My stepfather's JKD school had similar emblems as I recall (30+ years ago). Modify this a bit and they cant do or say much.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2014, 12:43:49 pm »

Sounds good! Look forward to what you whip up!

EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2014, 05:18:21 pm »

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE that logo and was happy as hell to see it. I just don't want a hammer coming down but honestly I don't really think it will. Maybe keep it and roll the dice?

Keeze
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2014, 05:42:22 pm »

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE that logo and was happy as hell to see it. I just don't want a hammer coming down but honestly I don't really think it will. Maybe keep it and roll the dice?

It's all good, you're just looking out for the community and that's what it's all about.

I love it too and honestly I don't see how making some slight alterations to it take away the fact that it is a copyright, I'm not well versed in the issue but someone could probably do some research on copyrighting with images and what the qualifies for the safe zone with slight alterations.

EZ Server GM
Rangewind

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 01:10:24 pm »

I emailed the Dragon Alliance customer service and the logo is copyright protected.  Not sure if having alterations changes anything though.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2014, 02:36:32 pm »

does copy write even come into play on a website that is not generating $$?

I think this is all nothing... EZ server has never been as far as I know a profit center...

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2014, 02:45:48 pm »

Talked it over with the wife, she'll do some altered and some of a different dragon, but same basic concept.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2014, 08:04:35 pm »

does copy write even come into play on a website that is not generating $$?

Copyright is about the rights the owner has for use and distribution, not money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

In the case of a logo, it's likely that a trademark would be more applicable.

It's entirely possible nothing would come of it, but isn't it better to be safe than sorry?  Especially after e-mailing them about it and bringing it to their attention.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:09:02 pm by lerxst2112 » Logged
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 05:59:11 am »

Talked it over with the wife, she'll do some altered and some of a different dragon, but same basic concept.

See what she can come up with, I not great at drawing

Came across this while trying to find royalty free clipart, so see what all your thoughts are

traced orig picture to here for ref
http://unleashedbeasts.wikia.com/wiki/File:Render6.png6e1ca038-f01f-4719-92d4-2814c530e143Large.jpg

RD

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2014, 12:53:38 am »

The attachment gives an error, but it looks like this might be the source of the original?  http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/machined-dragon-emblem-3d-model/658972
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 07:41:13 pm »

Had to change some path variables for the forums since there was a webserver migration. Attachments should be working correctly again.

Send me a new .PSD with the new logo and I will put it up. I need the PSD for any future use.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:43:39 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 08:08:42 pm »

Sorry for the delay, shoulder surgery this week, and wife's doing some contract work. But she took a few minutes and did a freehand based on the original logo. She did a few diff looks for it, just to try to get an idea what you like.

Lemme know what you think. I'll get the PSD files from her.

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 11:27:14 pm »

Black one looks cool, nice job. Is it a pita to resize the dragon a little bit larger? Seems to look a little bit small in the circle / minimized by the text (no biggy either way).
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2014, 12:01:12 am »

First one is Sweeeet.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2014, 12:57:33 am »

I like the black one too, bigger dragon and larger, blockier text for EZ SERVER so it fills more of the banner would be sweet though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 78