Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 04:20:36 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Donations  (Read 9818 times)
Thos

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2014, 05:20:02 pm »

Just wondering what the plan is for donations.  Is the plan to keep them offline for a while?  If that's the case can we look at instance costs/some way to get the FWP as it seems somewhat essential.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 08:14:02 pm »

Donations will be down for at least a little while longer until I can finish up my move and take care of some things.

EZ Server GM
Warrioror

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 09:47:20 pm »

Just wondering what the plan is for donations.  Is the plan to keep them offline for a while?  If that's the case can we look at instance costs/some way to get the FWP as it seems somewhat essential.

What do you think people do who cannot afford a FWP? I didn't know that it was necessary to get that to play...
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 12:31:55 am »

FWP is an real nice to have but didnt need to have fun on this server... EZ rocks becouse it is EZ ;p

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 02:12:28 am »

What do you think people do who cannot afford a FWP? I didn't know that it was necessary to get that to play...

Sounds like you haven't encountered tier 8 over 1 mil plat per instance / repop yet  Smiley (and you only get about 250k per clear)
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 08:09:28 am »

Nothing in this game requires FWP till you are finishing up T5.... Well i guess you could argue jaggedpine, but that's like 5k an instance.

Group COH is beyond nice tho. Smiley That'd be the one i'd miss most if i logged in tomorrow and it was gone.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 08:42:52 am »

Option #1:  You trade people in game for credits.

Option #2:  Hateborne revisits instance cost in the later tiers.

Premador

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 09:17:49 am »

Its a want not a need. So if you want to save some plat and want get some credits to get one you need to
1 donate.
2 help somehow with the server. A few have done this(helped with coding, testing, logo...)
3 trade in game for credits.
4 report exploits. Usually rewarded if all checks out.
5 Win a server contest. These happen every once in a while.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 12:04:54 pm »

you have to have FWP to play high end in this game... those of you who say otherwise are wrong..

look at the cost of an instance in TOFS...or anything t5+

you will never be able to get augs if you have to spend MILLIONS on instances....you have to have instance for t6 and you have to repop...no option... its a long respawn rate(6hours..6days I dunno)... do you have any idea how long it would take you to get 12 toons uc2 without a FWP? like...forever....

FWP is mandatory...

without FWP its game over at T5...

Have I missed anything?

Stop with bad information

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 01:30:32 pm »

Technically it's a want vs a need however this is one item that I would argue that if you were serious about progressing, it's a need. You can, slowly/painfully/miserably, progress without it but you will be poor.

Keeze
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 01:44:52 pm »

My reactive brain wants to agree, FWP is a want, not a need. But looking back, my rational brain......man, I cannot EVEN imagine doing T5 without one. Not when it took me almost 50 clears to JUST get 2 last named for T5....and not with the instance costs later.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 01:48:12 pm »

would you even make enough on a single run of t6 to pay for the instance? I am not even sure what it costs?

Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 02:11:12 pm »

If you are saying that credits are REQUIRED to play on ezserver, then you are 100% correct, dont let anyone fool you into anything different, luckily there are two ways to get credits in game, Gem Collector in OT, and Superior wisp in commons (very rare from wisp).

Krinkle Sprinkle
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 02:32:14 pm »

would you even make enough on a single run of t6 to pay for the instance? I am not even sure what it costs?

Yes, a full clear nets you 470k minimum and can go up to a mil, with the instance cost being 350k.
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 02:47:02 pm »

hunter gave me 500 credits one time for reporting a bug. good times
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis