Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 10:23:09 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: no drop quest items.  (Read 8076 times)
youthdragon

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2010, 12:11:13 pm »

I would love to see no drop tag on all Fighter guild and caster guild items.  I am so tired of people trading FG/CG items for 3.0 flags, people selling rott loot in PoD for FG/CG items.  All it does is make people farm the items for others who are to lazy.  Also means you could be in line behind someone at a long camp just so they can trade it off for some new breast plat.  It will also cut back on people camping 8 different names at once. 

I would suggest maybe having a token drop in say tier 3 that people could use to back flag there toon for fg/cg.  Would give the economy a new item to trade for stuff while not effect the new people.  Just a ideal I am sure others have few ideal of there own!

The Pudge team
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 12:16:00 pm »

Funny because i was thinking the opposite...

If more things were NOT no drop, then there would be more of an economy...  By making the FG/CG items no drop, then it is still going to be camped all the time with boxers getting the items for their alts with their group sitting there instead of an individual line of people.

Rob Smiley
youthdragon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 12:18:12 pm »

At least you will know they are not going to be camping 8 items at once..  Give you a chance one of the other camps are open.
Nugbar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 12:23:44 pm »

Huge Train = Crash Zone = Log In Faster = You Get Camp Tongue

just kidding, ive never done that. Nor have i done anything along those lines.
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 12:35:02 pm »

At least you will know they are not going to be camping 8 items at once..  Give you a chance one of the other camps are open.

But they will be there 6x as long! LOL! And the way LGuk is camped...all the camps will be full anyway. Blah!

Rob Smiley
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 01:31:15 pm »

Funny because i was thinking the opposite...

If more things were NOT no drop, then there would be more of an economy...  

No reason to have an economy on this server.   It's ezserver.     

On this topic though, I wouldn't mind seeing the fg/cg stuff have a lore tag.   The way I see it is that if people have to trade fg/cg items to get qvic stuff then I think they are on the wrong server. Not much here for them because if they can't get a group to do it themselves then how they gonna get a group anywhere else after qvic.  It's just going to be them asking to be run through tacvi next.  Then it's them sitting in POD trying to get rots.   I don't see how it's possible that these people can enjoy the game on this server....and its not the server that needs to be updated.  The player chose the wrong one to play on.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 01:35:31 pm »

But that is the whole point of having an 'economy'.  This does not mean trade for plat.  This means trading items for items.  Maybe it lessens the farming, the camping, the ninjalooting, the tagging along for rots.

If anyone can pick up a piece of armor and trade it for something that they need instead, wouldn't it make things a lot EZer?

The point is to remove the 'problems' that exist from the server.  Whether this solves them or not is a different story, but it is an idea to think about.

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 08:54:41 pm »

Asking for the FG/CG stuff to be NO DROP is fucking retarded. Yes i am to lazy to farm that stuff normally and Yes I consider it easier to run someone through Qvic than camp that stuff and compete for drops.

I would suggest maybe having a token drop in say tier 3 that people could use to back flag there toon for fg/cg.  Would give the economy a new item to trade for stuff while not effect the new people.  Just a ideal I am sure others have few ideal of there own!

While potentially an ok idea, you need a crew to get to T3, as well as do T3. I play with others, but i play at random hours of the day. Its easier to depend on myself than hope someone else logs in.

No reason to have an economy on this server.   It's ezserver.     

Thats a weak argument. Just because the name is EZServer doesn't mean it does not rate stuff like an active economy.

On this topic though, I wouldn't mind seeing the fg/cg stuff have a lore tag. 

Most of it already is tagged LORE. See Mithril Two Handed Sword, Executioner's Axe, Fungus Covered Scale Tunic, Dragoon Dirk, Shiny Brass Shield, Polished Granite Tomahawk, Flowing Black Silk Sash, Silver Chitin Hand Wraps, Flowing Black Robes, Robe of the Oracle, Light Burlap Sack, Fish Bone Earring, Ring of the Ancients, and Lord Bergurgle's Crown.

The way I see it is that if people have to trade fg/cg items to get qvic stuff then I think they are on the wrong server. Not much here for them because if they can't get a group to do it themselves then how they gonna get a group anywhere else after qvic.  It's just going to be them asking to be run through tacvi next.  Then it's them sitting in POD trying to get rots.   I don't see how it's possible that these people can enjoy the game on this server....and its not the server that needs to be updated.  The player chose the wrong one to play on.

Just because they are attempting to get on their feet doesn't mean they made a bad choice, Im sure you didnt come to the server knowing everything and able to run everything on your own. Don't be a dick to new people just because you think you're high and mighty now that you're well established.

I personally hate beggars and vultures, however i love a good business deal. You offer me an FG set or CG set for a "quick" Qvic run or LDoN run, i'll gladly take it. Not to mention things like that build you up. People know you, they like you, don't think you're a complete tool. I've have people just out of the blue give me items for FG/CG quest because they liked how i helped them in the past.

Just think about Karma. You're a good guy and help them out, even for a price, they'll help you back 3x fold later. 

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 08:59:46 pm »

I'm personally glad that that FG/CG aren't no drop, I wouldn't be where I was without being able to trade a FG set for a run through Qvic on my bard, once I got that run through it made doing Qvic easier and actually made it easier for me to progress through the server. If the FG/CG were I'd still be sitting in Qvic probably LFG.
Chubb

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 09:36:06 pm »

Reed, i agree about the karma thing. Yesterday i ran  two people through ldon just for fun and a group.       

Sense i.ve been on this server a long time yet there is a ton of people who have progressed a lot farther than i have in such a short amount of time i believe that eventually karma will come back to me. Then all those ppl who i.ve helped will be able to help me Smiley
Im not really concerned about how fast i get there because there is so much to do all the time lol
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 07:57:28 am »

I always believe it is good to just help others in general.  Karma is a wonderful thing.  You don't expect to be rewarded, but somehow in the end, it does eventually come back to you.

While I am not that far in the game (from playtime restraints), I still try to be helpful whenever i can, even if it is just here on the forums.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 08:04:26 am by robpickles » Logged

Rob Smiley
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 09:00:25 am »

Definitely did not mean to come off sounding all high and mighty and that wasn't my intention.   Sorry if it sounded that way.    

It didn't take me more than a week on this server to figure out though that boxing  or if you came onto the server with a group of friends that you could play with every single day was the way to go.  

I just don't see where begging for things can be any fun.  I don't see where standing in the same spot for hours and hours trying to get fg/cg stuff to trade to someone to run you through things is any fun.    Thats just me though I guess.  I would be back on live if I was looking for a community of hundreds of other people who also need groups.    Different things for different people.  

and i'm still no where near well established and barely in t2 gear.  and I won't lie about it, I have ran over and looted rots from other pod camps but at the same time my group is over at another camp giving the rots to them also.    It's more of a give take relationship instead of a take take relationship.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:04:11 am by Drep » Logged

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 318