Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 09:14:52 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unicorn poops  (Read 4234 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2014, 01:17:46 pm »

Just another thought to throw out there.  I have been noticing that it is MUCH easier to get aa crystals to drop in lower tiers (HoH/Anguish/etc) and the inability to pull massive trains to increase the drop rate in higher zones is a result...how about making the tougher zones drop better aa crystals (t8= 10k crystal and t9- 20k as an example).  I know I could just go to HoH and look scary at the giants there and get a few but I much prefer to experience in higher tiers.  Just something for you to chew the fat on.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 02:12:49 pm »

i think part of the reason they drop more in lower tiers is the fact that pre t5 there is no xp bonus. mass pulling t5/t6/t7 doesnt yield close to the same amount as t1-t4 i think it balances out the amount of aa per hour and is just fine
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:15:12 pm »

It's more of a balance problem. If I set the rate appropriate to higher tiers, the lower tiers "starve". If I set it mostly normal, the upper tiers are drowning in them as they can zone pull.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 06:06:27 pm »

It's more of a balance problem. If I set the rate appropriate to higher tiers, the lower tiers "starve". If I set it mostly normal, the upper tiers are drowning in them as they can zone pull.

-Hate

Not really ever going be "drowning in them" in t8 / t9. The Hit Points of the trash is simply too high to have that happen. You can spend hours in those zones with the top 5 DPS teams on the server mass pulling, and still have any warrior with some anger 6's and a uc killing many many mobs much faster in HoH. That's another reason the AA feels lacking as shit above tier 6. The HP of the trash goes up by a HUGE amount, and the AA goes up by 0.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 06:27:47 pm »

Kruc is 100% right about that. Exp in T8 for me is pathetically slow because of kill speed. Exp per kill is pretty much the same as it is in T5 or T6 (6ish AA per kill with my bonus). And yeah, virtually no rainbows because of comparable kill speed.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Peign
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 06:43:47 pm »

Kruc is 100% right about that. Exp in T8 for me is pathetically slow because of kill speed. Exp per kill is pretty much the same as it is in T5 or T6 (6ish AA per kill with my bonus). And yeah, virtually no rainbows because of comparable kill speed.

It is a double rainbow all the way!   What does that mean?  

Tongue

On a serious note, the current setup is fairly good for the economy.   Folks that are lower level or are so inclined can farm the lower zones mentioned and sell their rainbows and gsoas to those that are primarily farming T8/T9 etc.     Seems to be a fairly good tradeoff.   It is nice to have some semblance of an economy. 

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:51:06 pm by Peign » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 88
  • Online Ever: 8678