Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 01:27:21 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: What zones do YOU want to see used?  (Read 14857 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2014, 10:22:53 pm »

Ok, a lot of people talking about future tiers, and alternative zones for content, and new things to do on EZ. But in all this, what zones would you like to see? What looks neat, what do you remember from later expansions live that some players on EZ may have never seen?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kaid

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 10:49:14 pm »

Crystallos, Korafax, Citadel of the World Slayer (don't remember short name, and it's mostly the same NPC models as anguish), Arthicrex, Kernagir, Brell's Temple, Convorteum.

As you may be able to tell, I really liked UF. It would be fun to go back to some of those zones and play around again.
Nullyn Void

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 10:55:44 pm »

To add to the list Kaid listed I think Solteris would be a really good zone to see added.  Was always my favorite raid zone as well as not being widely viewed by the player base because when it was released it was pretty challenging and because of that a lot of guild skipped it since Sony was releasing expansions so quickly at that point in time. 

I also 2nd Korafax and Citadel of the World Slayer (tower)... those 2 were high on my list of favorite zones.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 07:24:05 am »

One thing I'd find interesting would be a daily event, similar to OT, designed toward newer teams grab some of the PoStorms crafted augs (same ones that drop in HoH). The event could be strong enough so that a t6+ team would have to help them, player interaction could be made, and there wouldn't be any money / farm crap that would make an upper tier player whore the event to themselves.

With the changes to the Level Up Wench, it extended the gap a little bit further for warriors to get some anger augs and actually do some damage. It used to be so simple to just get the noobie's warrior a t2 chest, pop into HoH, get his 3.5 / anger augs and 4.0 all done in an hour ish. Now it requires full t1 / t2 yada yada yada.

I blew thru over 100 crystals just to get this guy a couple anger augs so he could hold his own  Shocked That's generally the way I helped teams start off tho, just by taking their warrior and rushing them to anger augs. It's turned into a huge pain in the ass to the point where I don't really do it much anymore, because it would take all day.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 07:25:40 am by Kruciel » Logged
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 08:50:15 am »

Valdeholm for t10

Keeze
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 09:28:43 am »

Not sure how far Hate and Akk can take things.....what expansions they can pull from. But.....I'd love to see Underquarry used. Great zone, lots of possibilities, NPC models we havent seen in EZ yet. And its a really good looking zone! Also in UF is Volska's Husk, essentially the entire zone is an enormous magma serpent's corpse. Brell's Temple is also really neat looking, and another handful of models we've not seen here. And yes, Convorteum is very memorable!

From earlier, back during DoN era, I like Thundercrest Isles, Accursed Nest (would be amazing to have a Vish style encounter!), even Stillmoon Temple!

From SoD era Toskirakk, Korafax and Kaesora's Library.

From Buried Sea the only zone I liked was Katta Castrum. I never was a fan of Solteris.

In SoF Crystallos and Bloodmoon Keep were fun.

Just some ideas.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:05:56 am by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Rotic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 10:20:35 am »

Crushbone Tongue

--
Rotic
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 02:29:39 pm »

Big fan of Planes of Power.  Would love to see Plane of Torment especially.  Others include Plane of War, Plane of Earth AB, Plane of Air, Plane of Disease, and Innovation.

Looks like we have access to some Seeds of Destruction zones.  You can manually get there by walking/clicking into the shiny light thingy at plane of time entrance which leads to The Void and some empty zones connecting it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:39:04 pm by clbreastmilk » Logged
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 02:32:43 pm »

I spent too much frustrating time in PoP back before Sony finished things....when nearly every encounter was either completely unfinished or badly broken. I havent liked PoP since.

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 02:40:49 pm »

Many of us were burnt out by Planes of Power but there were a lot of great zones I wouldn't mind seeing. PoInnovation, War, nightmare...etc.  I know everyone is tired of hearing about Kael (Giant's home) and Coldains but that was one of my favorite places and would have loved to see it as a end game tier. I don't know.. something about Giants being formidable foes seems right. But I am sure whatever comes up next will be pretty good. Just visiting these zones brings back memories and that is enough for me.

Mix
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:39:40 pm by Mixlor » Logged
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 05:04:03 pm »

I'd like kael that was a fun zone. I would also love to see ssra remade into something like tofs. not a required zone but something else to do to spend some time. I would like to see some of the MPG events back too.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 05:43:36 pm »

while its not a large zone by any means, i absolutely love the look of The Void and think it would be a nice little OT-type capture the flag type zone for an event based script.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 05:54:39 pm »

Plz every server has Kael and ssra as a custom zone. Don't do that here.  Custom zones scripts are the niche here. Set a trend and avid those 2.

Keeze
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 06:00:09 pm »

Plz every server has Kael and ssra as a custom zone. Don't do that here.  Custom zones scripts are the niche here. Set a trend and avid those 2.

+1

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 06:25:37 pm »

Crystal Caverns best zone ever <3
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members