Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:28:25 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Racial considerations  (Read 12206 times)
talanos

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2010, 10:45:14 am »

I made a dark elf warrior and, after having tried to solo a BoT named who complete heals, I am beginning to wonder if I made a mistake in not selecting a race that can slam.  Do any experienced warriors have any insight as to whether or not it is important to be able to interrupt heals in this fashion?

Alternatively, I was also thinking about the value of an Iksar due to their AC bonus.  Is it significant?

I would appreciate any thoughts that you might have regarding choice of warrior race.

Thanks.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:47:21 am »

I made a dark elf warrior and, after having tried to solo a BoT named who complete heals, I am beginning to wonder if I made a mistake in not selecting a race that can slam.  Do any experienced warriors have any insight as to whether or not it is important to be able to interrupt heals in this fashion?

Alternatively, I was also thinking about the value of an Iksar due to their AC bonus.  Is it significant?

I would appreciate any thoughts that you might have regarding choice of warrior race.

Thanks.

Nothing at the higher end needs that ability, so it won't really hurt you at all. You can use illusion items too out of ldon to become a different race pretty easily.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 11:02:18 am »

I play an Iksar monk. There is an AA that gives the tail strike a knock-back effect. Not sure if it's there for warriors, but that could help with spell interrupts.

Or just keep gearing up... you will soon have dps enough, it won't matter if they heal.

^^^^
On the other hand, I was disappointed with the lack of racial tension in your post.
talanos

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 11:09:07 am »

Thanks.

Nothing at the higher end needs that ability, so it won't really hurt you at all. You can use illusion items too out of ldon to become a different race pretty easily.

Thanks Crab, I appreciate the insight.  Any thoughts as to if Iksar AC bonus is a significant advantage?
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 11:42:29 am »

Thanks.

Thanks Crab, I appreciate the insight.  Any thoughts as to if Iksar AC bonus is a significant advantage?

At the high end all races are basically equal. Every stat you have will cap pretty much so it all becomes moot.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 01:57:03 pm »

Ogres are decent i s'pose because of the natural stun resist. kinda negated though once you get 100% stun resist though

Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 12:37:24 pm »

shits gonna suck till you get some nice proc weapons. there is one in BoT upper towers. with all the crit AA i could solo kill the CHing fucks
Firetoad

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 02:22:44 pm »

At level 55 a warrior's successful kick will stun and you should be able to interrupt casting on CH mobs. I have been doing that on the Live server since, sometime in 2001, when I dinged 55 in Velks, I could now interrupt the cobalts from their CH spell. I dont know if eqemu is different.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 02:44:37 pm »

most mobs on EZ are stun resistant, or stun immune. which is one of the many reason paladins blow

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 12:17:15 pm »

Someone said your boots need to weigh 55 lbs or more for a kick to work.  I have no idea if that's true but ... there you go.

You really just need DPS to kill healers, keep gearing and leveling (AA) up and eventually they won't be a problem.  Another trick I learned is they don't seem to heal if they are chasing you... best for those who can kite (not really warriors but..) and where you have the room to kite of course..

Gnome warriors are the best FYI.  Cool

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 03:26:57 pm »

Someone said your boots need to weigh 55 lbs or more for a kick to work.  I have no idea if that's true but ... there you go.

I hope that was a joke...

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 04:06:03 pm »

I hope that was a joke...

are there any boots that even weigh 55lbs?
i think my chars total sets of gear weigh around 90lbs.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 04:41:46 pm »

Uh yeah wtf am I thinking.  15 or so... not 55.  *puts down crack pipe*

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 06:09:44 pm »

Uh yeah wtf am I thinking.  15 or so... not 55.  *puts down crack pipe*

I hope this is a joke.

Balthor2