Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 02:38:28 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bards for Power Leveling 1-47 and 47-70  (Read 17734 times)
swamphy

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2010, 02:30:31 pm »

I've ready bits and pieces of people using Bards to power level (RoA quest?) other toons. I am hoping someone with experience can share a bit more detail on this.

With 47-70 I it's simple enough. Bard + epic 3.0 = extreme damage shield. So play the right melody and pull a large number of mobs and let them beat themselves to death.

Melody:
Chorus of Life (for health regen)
Psalm of Veeshan - DS
War March of Muram - DS
AoE damage?

What songs do you use for the 47-70 run??
Also, what are the best zones where you won't bother people too much??

Now for 1 - 47, it's much more tricky. The noobtoon must be grouped to get song benefits, but cannot be grouped to get exp from the mobs. So what I've ready but not seen is making hotkeys to group and ungroup quickly.

Anybody done this?? What does your hotkey look like?

I would guess

/invite noobtoon

and

/invite bardtoon
/pause 80
/disband (not sure if that's the right command)

Please share your experience.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 02:34:12 pm »

oh yeah... I assume the 1-47 PL melody would be something like:

1. War March of Muram
2. Storm Blade
3. Chorus of Life
4. Psalm of Veeshan

Is this correct, or are there level restrictions on those spells?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 02:41:34 pm »

i prefer a druid and shaman for 1-47. Balthor used to use a bard for 1-47 though. He's got crazy methods for stuff, outside of the box thinking you may say. crazy like a fox

Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 02:55:36 pm »

I use the bard method, but its not exactly the fastest, takes me a little under an hour per RoA, depending on the zones.

1-35+: Castle Mistmoore.

I just group up, using Heal, and the 2 DS'. Put the bard on auto follow, then disband and quickly run around at all the mobs, reinvite once songs wear off, rinse and repeat.

35+ - 47: City Of Mist.

Same strat, it's obviously faster if nobody else is in the zone, so if you have it to yourself, just run around killing everything. If others are in the zone I go to the Black Reaver room, since bard's can lockpick, then go through the back passage and take the floating walkway up top of the zone. Usually by the time I've gotten to the 2nd Reaver spawn up top I've hit 47, depending on when I had left mistmoore and such.

47-70(60): Plane Of Fire (BoThunder)

Since my main is an SK and my warrior is poorly geared (same with my bard) I 3 box Plane Of Fire. FD SK at zone in, run the bard all over Field 1 grabbing as much as possible, have the warrior stand in the middle of the zone somewhere, then just run the group of mobs to warrior, and once they are close, click cyclone blade to grab the majority of argo and melee away. Would obviously be easier if my warrior had anger Aug's but he doesn't. Depending on how busy the zone is, I'll either go straight to 70, or once I hit 60, go to BoT and take one of my 3.0'd char's who could still use some AA's and just do a quick wipe of the zone.

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Zaes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 02:56:44 pm »

I keep the Regen slapped on from my druid but for 1-47 I invite the bard before the pull and have him singing Psalm of Veeshan and War March. I go round up the mobs and when I run back to the bard/druid as soon as I see the song icons going I disband and everything gets hit for the 1k and dies before the ticks wear off.

Sometimes if I have to wait for the songs to refresh I lose a couple mobs but stuff still dies awfully fast.

and then yeah 47+ just play what you're playing and train it up

Fexge - Froglok Wizard
Zaes - Erudite Cleric
Forte - Wood Elf Bard
Sigma - Gnome (Erudite) Rogue
Jast - Wood Elf Warrior
Kysin - Half Elf Druid
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 04:11:51 pm »

Unless its been changed just grab a shaman for the 10k and druid regen and depending on your luck and how you pull it you can get 47 in like 15 mins.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 12:36:49 am »

Word of advice. I would skip mistmoore. It is a custom zone and as soon as someone fraps you pulling trains of mobs you will get banned. Not trying to start a debate or anything, just offering friendly advice.

Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 12:54:49 am »

I used 2 MQ2 features when I did this so flame away.
Ring warrior and is now lvl 1 with twink gear on.
Zone to CazicThule and load in shm,druid,mage that are parked there as well as my bard to PL.
Shm hp buff, druid regen, mage ds the warrior.
/stick the bard to warrior and at the time #melody 1 2 3 4.
Used the DS songs and haste.
I used autogroup plugin which will make any character with plugin loaded accept any group invite based on names entered on the autogroup.ini file.
Now I have my warrior buffed and my bard playing songs while sticking to my warrior. I hit invite, once the songs are all pulsed on me I have something like 4 or 5 seconds till the first one drops. I drop group and run out the door into courtyard.
Bam lvl 27-35 eta 10seconds.
Now I regroup get songs and go into the left most door and into the "temple" and drop group. I found that if you stand in just the right spot and pop frenzy or whatever it is the warrior will hit enough shit to agro the whole temple.
Bam lvl 40-50 eta 30seconds
Since pofire was always a clusterfuck and I wanted to get in and out as quick as possible I stay in CazicThule for another 5-10min. I run the bard around with no songs up and no ds on him. I collect the whole zone run to warrior and get grouped, pulse songs, drop group and hit ae taunt on warrior.
Lots of light blue/green shit but enough dark blues to push a few more levels onto the warrior and then move into pofire for a 10-12min grind to 70.

Lots of people use CoM and Karnors which is why I use CT. Can also use a few LoY zones and if the hole is open you could probally do it really fast there.
Another option is also shit like city guards.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 73