Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 12:53:28 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: T9 Weapons  (Read 12167 times)
zefirus

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2014, 02:21:25 pm »

The weapons are missing Heroic Stats as seen in T8 and elemental damage.

Also, I was looking at Akkadius' mass weapon and spell viewer from EQEMU (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37652), it was awesome, but begs the question why we do not use some of these. The T9 Weapons look like rusty swords etc. There are some crazy nice weapons out there we can skin to. Not sure how much trouble it is to actually re-skin a weapon, but if its just a matter of attaching a graphic id to an item, then lets look at doing this if possible.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 02:40:33 pm »

Grin

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 04:57:56 pm »

I'd like my UW XI to turn into a rainbow boomerang graphic that shoots off giant particles, but the particles must be green and black to match my outfit  Shocked And maybe with some skull particles too!~
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 05:09:03 pm »

good portion of those are from HoT and up so they would have to be put into the server files and everyone would probably have to download them to view.
Also, totally gotta agree with kruciel.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 08:22:59 pm »

can I get a sword that looks like a unicorn with Burt and Ernie screwing on is back and when you swing the sword a grafic comes out of a rainbow with the words power pride ?

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 08:59:38 pm »

Fugi was promised his would be the only one on the server.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 09:06:48 pm »

They took mah swords!!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Phah

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 09:12:06 pm »

It's worth noting that, in most older games, you can replace art asset files with a different asset, using the same file name, and you'll get to see your custom weapon in your games. Its just that no one else will get to enjoy your awesomeness.

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 10:38:27 pm »

I think it would be cool. Ez did stuff like that with our 4.0 epics... Some were nice
aythena

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 01:53:28 pm »

graphics on the epic weapons were better these skins are horrible looking -_- tier 6 weapons are so dull its not even funny...

Leader of the Angry Waifu Club:
Cause even waifu have feels too.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 02:01:27 pm »

Also, I was looking at Akkadius' mass weapon and spell viewer from EQEMU (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37652), it was awesome, but begs the question why we do not use some of these. The T9 Weapons look like rusty swords etc. There are some crazy nice weapons out there we can skin to. Not sure how much trouble it is to actually re-skin a weapon, but if its just a matter of attaching a graphic id to an item, then lets look at doing this if possible.

graphics on the epic weapons were better these skins are horrible looking -_- tier 6 weapons are so dull its not even funny...

Zefirus,

The heroic stats should've been fixed. I will review them today. :-)

As for the appearance, why? I hate to break it to you, but the appearance of the T9 items was intentional. It wasn't a "lazy" decision or a copy/paste nonsense. The weapons are generally similar to the zone. Abyss has water and sea-creatures, thus we added atlantis looking swords/pikes and somewhat coral looking items. T6 is a dull, colorless place so the weapons are dull and mostly colorless. T9 is in the past and very bland, so the weapons are as well.

We'll consider much more "colorful" zones in the future. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 02:10:31 pm »

I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's partially because weapon graphics are the only thing on your character that ever looks different. I get the design decision with weapons matching the zones, I'd guess its just the desire to have some cool looking weapons.
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 02:13:41 pm »

Zefirus,

The heroic stats should've been fixed. I will review them today. :-)

As for the appearance, why? I hate to break it to you, but the appearance of the T9 items was intentional. It wasn't a "lazy" decision or a copy/paste nonsense. The weapons are generally similar to the zone. Abyss has water and sea-creatures, thus we added atlantis looking swords/pikes and somewhat coral looking items. T6 is a dull, colorless place so the weapons are dull and mostly colorless. T9 is in the past and very bland, so the weapons are as well.

We'll consider much more "colorful" zones in the future. :-)

-Hate

Yes, you are Hate, and breaking it to me.

The explanation works for me. Thanks. I appreciate your fix on the stats.. that's what really matters.
aythena

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 02:16:09 pm »

I got the cpt ahab spear one but those swords look like toy swords a kid would wield XD

aythena

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 02:19:40 pm »

Thunder crest isles and windfury katana :3 and dragon head weapons :3 for tier 10

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120