Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 06:13:53 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Qvic Cazic Thule Armor idea  (Read 9893 times)
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2014, 09:26:30 pm »

Just a quick idea:
What if players could dismantle pieces in qvic/cazic thule via a trade skill process to create a piece they're missing.
For example:
player needs plate breastplate from cazic thule:
player farms 2 plate pieces from cazic that are not the plate breastplate, they buy a somewhat costly ingredient from the vendor in cazic thule and combine the 2 pieces and the ingredient in a forge to yield cazic thule plate sheet which could be tradable. This plate sheet could then be combined with a plate breastplate mold in the forge to yield the plate breastplate cazic thule piece. All combines would be no fail and this could somehow lead into the crafters guild quest since players start receiving components for augs in qvic.
kojak488

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 07:51:38 am »

Or just add the rot bot?
Phah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 09:22:10 am »

I wouldn't even mind if the rot bot required more from the trade... I'm pretty sure I saw several full suits of other types of armor before I saw my last qvic piece  Roll Eyes

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 09:49:20 am »

The last set of chars I ran through qvic, it took me hours of full clearing all the bosses then waiting for respawns before I got my last piece. In CT I finished everyone much faster simply because the armor drops from everything rather than a few bosses. I'm pro rot bot for qvic, but CT doesnt seem as bad.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 02:02:45 pm »

Goes back to a fubar RNG. An alternative to RNG considering how messed up the SOE generator is would help. I'm not for making things easier in general, but I remember spending 74 clears to get 1 last piece for one character....and in that time getting 5 drops in a row that had the exact same items other than tokens (cloth hands, clicky shoulders). Thats excessive.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Soprano

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 06:27:30 pm »

Once you have cleared QVIC for tokens to progress, those tokens just become rot. Perhaps if those tokens could be turned in to a "totem," type character, like in PoD, to spawn those specific Bosses in QVIC that will have a guarantee drop of an armor piece, (bracer, helm, feet, etc...). The type, (cloth, plate, chain, leather) could still be random.

You could farm for coins and still get lucky on the random drops as usual, but also turn in the coins later for a better chance at specific drops.

7 armor slots/ 14 coin types (excluding the Sand Monster Token): Two specific boss tokens spawns a random boss of that type that has a guarantee drop. No other item, essences, weapon drops.

For example: Aganetti the Keeper and Hext Iik Klokk tokens turned in will spawn one of those two bosses who will drop a bracer type.

Place the "totem" in the open area just before you go down the big steps to the main area for turn in/spawns.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 06:23:49 am »

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 08:52:29 am »

look I know you guys may be frustrated with progression. however, here's the truth, once you get what you need to move on you won't care that much anymore. everyone going through the tiers, including myself, have proposed these grand ideas for improvement. we all did it, you can too. keep grinding. every tier has something that is a suck ass grind, bad rng, no luck, rage quit whatever about it. well, except T1, that tier is pretty easy. ok, very easy.

Peign
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 09:16:49 am »

look I know you guys may be frustrated with progression. however, here's the truth, once you get what you need to move on you won't care that much anymore. everyone going through the tiers, including myself, have proposed these grand ideas for improvement. we all did it, you can too. keep grinding. every tier has something that is a suck ass grind, bad rng, no luck, rage quit whatever about it. well, except T1, that tier is pretty easy. ok, very easy.

No!   Free loots all the time!   I want an essence for zoning in.    I want 500 roa when I roll my toon.

I am entitled!
Phah

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 11:36:59 am »

except T1, that tier is pretty easy. ok, very easy.

Well, getting the loots you need is "easy" but getting them crystals is sure annoying Tongue

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 12:15:33 pm »

Or just add the rot bot?

This could be done but I was trying to think of something unique and that could introduce players to the crafters guild. It could also further promote trading with tradable components.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:20:51 pm by Hulkpunch » Logged
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 03:20:33 pm »

lets focus on stuff thats an actual problem ...instead of making an already easy zone ....a free pass

Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 04:31:49 pm »

Right because these changes would make it a free pass... Anyways I just suggested this because it would be another way to reduce the player investment time vs reward time issue and might boost server pop.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 05:03:39 pm »

If we keep just molding the time for every little grind down... little by little. Everyone will be end game and quit anyway shrug. EZ is a grindfest, it is amazingly easy to do any tier now even without outside help. It's very streamlined and for the guys looking for that 1 price of armor... /auction wtb or trade for said piece. .. you don't have to do it alone without support from others.

I know I wouldn't be where I am without help from my list of peers.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Tananthalas

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 06:33:57 pm »

I agree with Fugitive's point.  I like the people I have met in Qvic and Cazic Thule saw them again in T1 and T2.  We helped eachother and looted each others mobs.  As much as I like not requiring people for every little thing I do like socializing.  I lvoe seeing people talk in OOC, I love it when people help me or when I help them.  I don't want to see it go away

Tanann, Xinora, Toade, Navarre, Ariakis, Verminaard
Lauralanthalasa, Dezra, Astinus, Alhana, Goldmoon
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081