Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 02:07:52 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: 8-29-14 Misc Updates  (Read 14337 times)
Peign
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 11:18:13 pm »

Not sure what is up with the OT code.   I accidentally zoned in with my UW equipped on my ranger and I got killed and the cheat message.  I thought it was supposed to still boot you on zone in?  This was an honest mistake, no cheating intent.   I just did not bank it and hastily zoned in.

The code used to boot you if you had it equipped, which was fine, bank it and zone back in.  

Note:  I did not hit the GC or any players with the UW (nor have I).   I hailed my pet, said overthere, waited to zone.... then was dead.    That is all.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:21:28 pm by Peign » Logged
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 08:20:12 am »

Peign
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 10:45:06 am »

If a UW was used on GC, it certainly would not take me 5+ min to down it.    My pvp offhand is unaugged.

Taking awhile to drop gc adds to the fun.   Seeing it downed in 90 secs is no fun.     I am there for pvp not the loots.

say what you want about hussein, when he controlled iraq it was stable.   Now it is a hellhole where kids are forced to watch beheadings.
Peign
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2014, 06:28:24 pm »

Overthere's UW detection has been rewritten. People smuggling UWs in will be publicly humiliated, killed (in game...), and logged. This will not occur immediately on zone in (as it will still boot you out immediately at zone in).

Could you review this please?   If you zone in with UW it is not bouncing you like before, instead it is enacting the cheat code.     Your summary said that it should still bounce you on zone in.  

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:50:52 pm by Peign » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 01:44:27 pm »

Fixed.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Peign
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 08:13:20 pm »

Thanks for that.
Peign
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2014, 08:30:22 pm »

The code still does not kick you if you have your UW equipped.     It used to kick you on zone in.   Now, if you zone in with UW it lets you.    It should not.   If you zone in unintentionally, have a long zone time or are doing something else and don't check that toon, you get killed for cheating.    

Can you just revert the code to where it used to be?    It used to prevent you from zoning in when you have UW equipped.     I spend my time power grinding pve, thus my toons have all their pve gear equipped.   When the GC message pops, I scramble to get toon into OT.   Sometimes the UW remains equipped.   Again, pre "cheat code" if you had your UW equipped it would bounce you from zone.    Now it lets you in.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:47:58 pm by Peign » Logged
kojak488

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 07:07:59 am »

Certainly explains why GC has been dying in 15 seconds lately.
Peign
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 12:57:10 pm »

Hate,

Please review this if you have time.  You can enter OT with UW equipped.    Prior to the change it would detect UW equipped and would not let you zone in.    Would it be possible to re enable this?   

Danke 
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 01:50:27 pm »

so you zone in with uw equipped it kills you and you have to zone in again? whats the big problem? maybe I am unaware of some other penalty?

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 01:52:50 pm »

Certainly explains why GC has been dying in 15 seconds lately.

There is check on the GC as well to pulse every second looking for UWs. I'll create a non-GM character and try it later today. Even if the zone's player script doesn't catch you somehow, the GC should.

Hate,

Please review this if you have time.  You can enter OT with UW equipped.    Prior to the change it would detect UW equipped and would not let you zone in.    Would it be possible to re enable this?   

Danke 

I am unaware of a simple way to do this short of adding an UW check in a dozen places. As Balidet posted while I was typing this, if the UW check/block works in zone...I'm fine with it for now. I'm not sure what the hell is going on with dranikcatacombsc and putting that at a significantly higher priority (along with those gd berries).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Peign
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2014, 02:29:15 pm »

Hate and Hurty,

Only issue I have with the way it currently works is it kills you and posts a cheat message if you zone in with it and either have a long zone time and or forget to check that toon after zoning in for X seconds.    Not that big of a deal really,  but OT and EZ novices get the wrong idea.     

I've died at zone in 2x.   Once when check would kill (or a long zone time, unsure) and a 2nd time I zoned in and did not check toon fast enough.       

Not a priority at all considering your work load.      I'll just try harder to remember.         Also, thanks for posting the checks to help clarify that you cannot kill GC with UW equipped.     
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)