Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:20:12 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 9-7-2014  (Read 15791 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2014, 08:09:43 am »

First, sorry I've been away I've been very busy with work and have also been working on a very large conversion for EQEmu.

In this code update I've enabled Double Loot for Sunday in case we run into any difficulties, there is something to offset possible frustrations of regular maintenance.

In this code update we shall see some very nice performance improvements.

The update overall has rewritten and changed how all of the character data is loaded and saved, so if you notice any oddities please report them in this thread.

I'm not aware of the difficulties Hate was running into for dungeons so I haven't changed anything for that.

EDIT: Double Loot is LIVE for Monday!

Fixed some guild issues as well as a few other issues so enjoy DL while it lasts!

Enjoy!
-Akkadius
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:58:36 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Kardthe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 08:29:44 am »

10/10 toons in a ToV instance crash when i try to load them in... tried 2 other characters not in that instance, and they won't load in either... get to char select, then they crash when trying to load into game.  Char mover not working for me.  All chars working fine before reboot this am. 
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 08:31:07 am »

^ Same - all of my toons crash as well... some in Nexus some in Loping Plains

Get to character select fine - after that, I get:

EverQuest Crash Detected
MacroQuest is blocking the ‘Send Sony crash info?’ box for your safety…

- then -

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\*location of EQUnderfoot*
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

and... CRASH

- Darpey

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 08:37:41 am »

No MQ2 = can get in but high ms (over 600 atm)
With MQ2 = crash
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 08:40:26 am by Haimon » Logged

Denzig <STONE>
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 09:04:46 am »

For those having problems...i re-downloaded mq2 and now im not crashing anymore.  I had the same errors as you did before.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Kardthe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 10:06:24 am »

For those having problems...i re-downloaded mq2 and now im not crashing anymore.  I had the same errors as you did before.

This seems to have fixed my issue also.  Thanks for posting.
kojak488

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 11:20:25 am »

I haven't had this happen before.  I'm not sure whether it's tied to the update or not.  I logged in my Berserker, who was in QVIC.  I used the charm to port him to nexus.  I had the loading screen and even the zone message that I'd entered Nexus.  However, it looked as though I was still in QVIC.  I could target the Zerker with another character in Nexus and even see him moving around on map (not in person except briefly when I COHed him.  The map on Zerker displayed the QVIC map, but displayed NPCs from Nexus.  And when I was COHed on Zerker I could even see the NPCs though I was WAY in the air in QVIC.

http://i.imgur.com/USeXlkZ.png
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 11:34:03 am »

I haven't had this happen before.  I'm not sure whether it's tied to the update or not.  I logged in my Berserker, who was in QVIC.  I used the charm to port him to nexus.  I had the loading screen and even the zone message that I'd entered Nexus.  However, it looked as though I was still in QVIC.  I could target the Zerker with another character in Nexus and even see him moving around on map (not in person except briefly when I COHed him.  The map on Zerker displayed the QVIC map, but displayed NPCs from Nexus.  And when I was COHed on Zerker I could even see the NPCs though I was WAY in the air in QVIC.

Currently trying to get a hold of you ingame.

EZ Server GM
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 11:41:28 am »

Multiple crashes on zone from deaths.  Even toons that did not die crashed as ressed toons attempted to zone back.

A possibly related issue that may provide a clue to cause... on other servers that I have played when there was a change to the custom files MQ2 could and would cause crashes when MQ2Melee plugin was loaded.  (Even on servers that allowed use of that plugin for some reason Wizards would crash).

When I first logged on this AM I had that plugin loaded.  I did a fresh download of MQ2 and /plugin melee was blocked on EZ.  Not a big deal as I don't use it on EZ anymore, but I am wondering if there was new coded added to block /melee that could be causing crashes related to "other" uses of MQ2?
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 11:45:58 am »

I cant even get in without all instance crashing, using autologin plugin not sure if that matters.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 11:48:29 am »

Yep, it's what Kwai said. Even though it was set to zero I guess it was still loading. Removing it from the plugin section of the .ini should be all you need to do.

Putting in the default .ini worked, so I went through line by line for what differed. Got to mq2melee and that was the culprit.

Denzig <STONE>
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 11:51:38 am »

Multiple crashes on zone from deaths.  Even toons that did not die crashed as ressed toons attempted to zone back.

A possibly related issue that may provide a clue to cause... on other servers that I have played when there was a change to the custom files MQ2 could and would cause crashes when MQ2Melee plugin was loaded.  (Even on servers that allowed use of that plugin for some reason Wizards would crash).

When I first logged on this AM I had that plugin loaded.  I did a fresh download of MQ2 and /plugin melee was blocked on EZ.  Not a big deal as I don't use it on EZ anymore, but I am wondering if there was new coded added to block /melee that could be causing crashes related to "other" uses of MQ2?

There is nothing explicitly added to prevent the usage of MQ2 as I don't really care as long as people aren't abusing.

MQ2 will however throw fits at data it doesn't like to see so I could not tell you what its doing and its not my role to support MQ2.

EZ Server GM
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 12:45:13 pm »

MQ2 will however throw fits at data it doesn't like to see so I could not tell you what its doing and its not my role to support MQ2.

While I agree with that statement. and support your position 100% I do hope you will help us determine why some new code is creating a massive impact on a tool that all of us use to play the game as designed on EZ.   I do not know of anyone running more than 3 toons that doesn't use MQ2, and I do not know of anyone successfully running only 3 toons above say... t4?

If anyone else has a work around for the crashes I would appreciate some help here.  Once one of my toons dies that client crashes it brings down others for no apparent reason.  I have remarked out any reference in the .ini to MQ2Melee but continue to crash.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 01:03:08 pm »

Some people have found resolution in downloading a new MQ2, which means its not the end of the world for MQ2ers at all. Someone who is well versed in MQ2 can easily run a debugger on the MQ2 and see what the crash is hitting and how to offset it.

I'd have no more visibility into this than anyone else.

Like I said in change notes, the only thing that has really changed which was a large one at that is how all of the character data is stored and loaded.

This includes skills/aas/languages/bandolier/facials/exp/tints/potionbelt/leadershipaas/guilds/zonedata/bind/disciplines/spells/inspect message/tribute/currency etc.

So it could be anywhere within that horizon that MQ sees something it doesn't like and crashes on it.

If someone knew how to maintain the MQ2 code base they could virtually eliminate all crashes on the client end just by observing them occur on the client side and dealing with them properly.

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 01:22:54 pm »

I'm going to bed now since I hadn't slept, but I had waited for you to log on to fix your issue.

Your issue will reside with that one character, it has to do with invalid data on the character itself in which I would have to diagnose specifically with that character given the state of the server right now.

Tonight after I wake up I can enable some extra logging to automatically catch when any instances of this occur and clear up the rest of the issues.

EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061