Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:24:37 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gmail Passwords Leaked!  (Read 9468 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2014, 12:32:15 pm »

ATTENTION ALL:

5 million Gmail passwords have been leaked to the public. This covers a fairly large number of people, so for your own safety and account safety, PLEASE CONSIDER CHANGING YOUR PASSWORD.

http://www.dailydot.com/crime/google-gmail-5-million-passwords-leaked/

Check For Your Email: https://isleaked.com/en.php

-Hate
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:34:25 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 01:21:49 pm »

Keep in mind that these have been collected through the years of phishing and is not directly stolen from Google. If you have not been a victim of phishing, you should be ok.. but definitely change your password.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 01:42:06 pm »

Keep in mind that these have been collected through the years of phishing and is not directly stolen from Google. If you have not been a victim of phishing, you should be ok.. but definitely change your password.

True, but I'm just informing everything that uses Gmail. Hopefully no one will find their name on the list, but bad things do happen.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 01:56:30 pm »

Absolutely. I read this and then did some homework and recommending our IT dept send out an email regarding this. So many accounts are linked and POC information stored that loosing control of your email can be very bad both personally and professionally.
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 03:13:09 pm »

There is a site you can review to see if your account was part of the listing, https://isleaked.com/en.php.

I make no claims for the trustworthiness or validity of the site, however, you can replace up to 3 char from your email address with * and still search.

Ginge
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 03:15:24 pm »

Mine was on the list, but the password they gave was my old which I changed well over 6 months ago and my other one is fine!

Tankus
Claytin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 08:46:14 pm »

I would also recommend for those of you on the list to change your password anywhere else you use that password especially on you financial websites. Would also be a good reminder that this is why you don't use the same password for email/facebook as you do for PayPal and like sites.
dozey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 12:46:16 am »

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.  I'm happy to see that I'm not a derp and the lookup doesn't reveal any of my gmail addresses.  Yay for refusing to use those login/pw anywhere else ever.

Hopefully everyone on the server is not on the list.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439