Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:34:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Riposte, ganking FG camps  (Read 24517 times)
Warriorstack

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2010, 06:36:14 pm »

I know its only a 11 minute camp but when someone is there.  It dont matter if they dont answer.  I dont read shouts very much.  You think that gives you the right to run up and just grab the named, take the item, gate out and go to unrest to do it again.

I think not

Warriorstack

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 06:52:57 pm »

It was up for about 30 seconds, I came back and found it dead.  Kyuzo was in zone with me, then Riposte ganked off.  If you read the screen shot you see him saying that he did a /shout.  No one answered so he killed it and left.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Murrjok
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 06:53:34 pm »

If you were afk for longer then 5 mins, and he had said something in say or tells trying to get your attention of sorts, and you dont reply. It becomes his camp.

Were these the conditions? Or were you there and he ran up without saying anything?
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 06:56:19 pm »

I mean its not a big deal its a 11 minute spawn in Crushbone.  Its the point of the matter then the camp rule is in place for a reason.  The sooner people realize you cant just do what ever you feel like the better.

Thely

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 07:28:07 pm »

Well from reading the conversation in your screen shot, it sounds like you were afk and the mob was already popped.  That doesn't sound like camping to me.  Especially if the guy did ask if you were camping and you didn't reply. 

Seems like a silly thing to get so upset about, it's only another few minutes wait.  This is only a game Smiley
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 07:30:05 pm »

This is only a game

HATE THAT LINE! WORSE LINE EVER!
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 07:39:15 pm »

I was afk, the mob is on a 11 minute timer.  I came back about 12 minutes after I killed it.  I missed all his shouts about it being camped because I was afk.  However I had 5 minutes after it popped.  He did not send a tell or anything.  He just killed it and gated before I even knew what happened.  I had to read combat log to see who killed it.

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 07:56:56 pm »

This is only a game Smiley

>This is only a game

>Only a game

>a game

>game

LIES! This is real life!! The internet is serious business!

Blood of the Akkadian
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 08:07:31 pm »

lol
riposte

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 08:36:03 pm »

This guy is basically lying and he is also manipulating the course of events. I was not going to post, but I wanted to provide my side of the events.

I zoned into Crushbone and checked the shield camp. A guy was killing the mobs there, so I moved to the tower without interfering with his camp. I cleared some mobs in the castle and got to the top of the tower. There were some corpses on the floor and Dvinn was up. The warrior guy was just standing there. So I /say Are you camping the dirk?

I then waited several minutes, but no reply. So I walked up and killed with one hit. The dirk was on the mob. I waited about a minute, looted then left.

5 minutes later the guy goes nuts and starting harassing me /ooc about KSing him. He says he has screenshots. Then he starts sending me tells.

What I want to know, is why he posted the screenshot he did in this thread and not the one he took before? He did so because the combat line of me one hit killing Dvinn clearly shows I asked him first then waited. In live, those are the unofficial rules - if mob is spawned and someone is AFK, ask and wait, then you can kill.

I checked the server rules and they read:

NO KILL STEALING
Place nice here, and don't kill steal. You can hold a camp if you are not afk. When a mob spawns, you need to engage it, or else you will be considered afk and forfeit the camp. You can not have 1 toon hold the camp while waiting for your group to arrive. If your not ready to engage when the mob spawns, then your not camping it, and forfeit the rights to the camp if another party wants it. If a guild is actively buffing up when a boss spawns, then please give them about 5 minutes to engage, or else they lose the rights to the boss. If a guild spawns a boss thru a turn in quest, then only that guild has rights to the boss. You can't hold 2 or more camps at the same time, so if a group/guild is fighting a boss, then another group/guild is welcome to 'leap frog' and claim the next boss.

I cannot honestly say whether it was 5 minutes or not. If it was  not, it was 4minutes or so. However, the rules state this 5minute rule is for guild buffing for a boss. I challenge him to post the first scrreenshot he was boasting about because that will show the /say I gave him. Also, if he had not been so rude, I would have given him the dirk. It's a short camp. It was not a huge deal to me until he started sending tells and fabricating things here.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:41:28 pm by riposte » Logged
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 08:53:29 pm »

How were you going to give me the dirk when you already gated out?  I am done wasting my time on this.  Its a 11 minute spawn.  All I am saying is have respect for someone.  /say dont work imo.  /tell would have sent a tone to my computer.

I leave it in the admins hands.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 09:37:57 pm »

Doubt anything can be done because nothing can be proved definitely. Incidentally, anytime I walk up on a camp and the person appears afk I get a screenshot of /time and a tell to them, wait 5 mins, get another screenshot and then engage. It's for your own good. And as for the 5 minute rule being only for guild bosses, that would be up to Hunter but if I knew of someone who was not abiding by the 5 minute rule on fg/cg items I sure would not want them in my group. Not saying you did this, like I said there is nothing definite showing anything but a disagreement, but for future reference, it is something to consider.

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 01:57:56 am »

one min...
we talking about CRUSHBONE?
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 03:35:16 pm »

yes...crushbone

xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 04:30:34 am »

I got same problem in GUK with mithril 2 hand Sword.
Gate (rogue) come and KS le king (i take SC with /time when he did it so log will show that king was up since 1 minutes max), i got SC of conversation i post them, but nothing have been done.

There is rules saying 5 minutes. Some people comme and KS after 30sec and got no punishment.....

4 days ago, i got same problem in POD with Frapser that ninja loot of chain wrist. But i didn't get aanought time to use Fraps to get it.

Conclusion KS, ninja looter, or other still continue, since nothing is done when you give proof with SC, the only thing that work will be Fraps... (but it's difficult to launch fraps when we are afk 1 minutes...
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)