Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 10:23:50 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Mini dungeon thought  (Read 28361 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2014, 02:33:04 pm »

Wondering about the possibility of making the starting mini-dungeons kinda tiered....since are 3 levels to the dungeons, have the first level drop qvic/Ct esse...level 2 drop podragon dminor/majors...and level 3 drop airplane godminor/majors.  Loving the way the recent upswing of the essences are bringing the server economy back into a balance...just thinking that adding the first two essences would help as well.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 02:58:07 pm »

Wondering about the possibility of making the starting mini-dungeons kinda tiered....since are 3 levels to the dungeons, have the first level drop qvic/Ct esse...level 2 drop podragon dminor/majors...and level 3 drop airplane godminor/majors.  Loving the way the recent upswing of the essences are bringing the server economy back into a balance...just thinking that adding the first two essences would help as well.

There will be more dungeons, just a matter of time to add them. Next (after Halloween), will likely be T6, then T7, then QVIC/CT.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 03:10:08 pm »

If loving another man wasn't wrong.........so I will just say, I like you Hate!  I really really like you!

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 02:28:40 am »

Loving the dungeons, Hate.

One point of concern on the order of the upcoming itinerary:

Abyss was the worst for getting stuck in. Getting a leg up in airplane is always a good thing.

It's all made sense so far: less stuck progression, less people giving up and playing some other server when stuck in the hell of abyss..

That said, I'm not really feeling T6 as the immediate 'need'. No one on god's green earth is short on essences in there.. The weapons (outside of the special bow + monk weap with a 2nd aug 8 slot...) are lackluster, and the whole concept of t6 is: 'beat grenlok... win'. I don't see a mini dungeon really helping there, unless you can seriously score all 14 augments in the mini dungeon. Then god knows what that would do to uc2 farming, etc.

T7 makes a lot of sense. Loping essences are always fairly annoying to farm (for the first hour till you get the chains started, depending on trash drops), and everyone falls behind a couple toons on a certain armor piece. Having a shot at armor in there and spells would make a huge difference in flagging toons for t8 and filling out character inventorys and spellbooks. Shots at epic stones like the gators/crocs or worgs/bears (every time you run t7 you'll get bears and worgs from traps stuck under the world eliminating a chance at a clean sweep SD pop on them.. its by far the worst bug in the zone) rares would be nice. I get t7.

T8.. heh.. any shot at armor is a welcome sign. Any shot at essences would be appreciated. Spells are hard to come by early on in progression. Weapons are welcome too. T8 lends itself well to a one-and-done pinata format.

Qvic and Ct ARE mini dungeons. Anyone asking for them is trying to farm their 3rd UW while hiding behind a 'help the noobs!' mantra. Don't be fooled. There's no weapons from CT... No spells worth scribing.. Theres NO CONTENT to put in a CT dungeon besides the essence candyland that matches Dranik.

I know you pondered UW nerf for a long time. I know you took feedback, you weighed things out carefully. Two weeks of mini dungeons has already ruined the T1-T5 essence player economy. Don't add Qvic/CT to the mix. It's the last cawkblawk you got in reserve to making UW... easy.. to obtain.

If anything ponder a difficulty slider in these dungeons to match player level and take another look at drop rates.

I'm just looking out for server integrity here.. Believe me, the two worst mindless chores  on EZ server is farming lightstones and farming dminors, You've incorporated a fun, amusing way of accumulating both items. Thank You. Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Scorpien

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 05:33:55 am »

I just came back from a nice little break and found the Mini dungeons one of the best additions I have seen. The only request I have is if possible they reset at a set time, say at the server restart instead of the 23 hour count down timer.

-Scorpien
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 06:57:04 am »

Qvic and Ct ARE mini dungeons. Anyone asking for them is trying to farm their 3rd UW while hiding behind a 'help the noobs!' mantra. Don't be fooled. There's no weapons from CT... No spells worth scribing.. Theres NO CONTENT to put in a CT dungeon besides the essence candyland that matches Dranik.

Not every day someone tries to sharp shoot me AND try to put words into my mouth at the same time.  So I say fuck you.  I clearly stated my reasons for adding CT/Qvic esse to the mini dungeon, and I don't need you to try to speak for me as I can do that myself. For starters if getting 2-4 essences per day is "game breaking" than we have larger issues (which it is not) and the new dungeons have not done anything but correct the cost of essences anyway.  I mean come on 2-3 million per Gmajor, that's just a ridiculous price. They are currently around 350k and gminors are around 150k...that to me is not "ruining server economy" but correcting it!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:24:49 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 07:09:23 am »

I have to agree with Ponzi /Kiwis here, ct/qvic would fundamentally change the economy and uw grind - of course it's arguable whether that's for the better or worse. If making UW an essential item rather than an elite item is the goal, then it makes sense, but that's not what i thought was the point of the UW. Just by doing natural progession, you will get enough essences to fill your group's augs. T6 already drops essences like candy and is relatively easy to do, even for uc2... Lopingplains is not easy and takes forever to get essences, but isn't that the point? Plus it's still fairly late tier.

Anyway just my opinion. I'll be on board with whatever happens. The new expeditions are fundamentally changing the UW grind, and I feel like more (especially of the later tiers, 6 and 7) are not necessary.

Thanks Hate for all you do (not sarcasm, Smiley)
Darpey
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 09:02:27 am by TinkleyToys » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 08:21:32 am »

Only thing that needs changed about the dungeons is lockout timer.

Either 24 hours from the start or 23 hours from the finish

Or better yet, all reset at a certain time.

I just want to be able to do it everyday, and given my schedule I think at best I will be able to do them twice per 3 days.
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 08:28:48 am »

Two more thoughts I had - one about the economy, another about the rate of UW farming.

UW Farming:
The dungeons are making the pace of UW farming much faster, which is what it is. However, the requirement of 10m plat per UW level kept pace with the old pace of farming, or was probably even slower than the pace of the old rate of essence farming (in that by the time you collected 100 essences, you probably wouldn't have 10m plat yet). With the accelerated rate of essence drops, you're going to have people with 5 tiers of 100 essences with only enough plat for one of them. Just a thought. (By the way, I only need 7m more plat to be done with UW11, so this does not affect me... except that I have done the farming, so I am aware of the pacing)

Economy:
Currently, most stable item in the economy is SLS - it has been 250k for the past many months, and it's always being bought and sold (this is a good thing, especially for new players). Currently, the expeditions are not selling SLS, but when they are, I fear that this might disrupt the economy in a negative way. I suppose this could be replaced with the selling of essences, but this can only be accomplished by players that aren't completely new (have to be t2-3 or so at least) - this would further aggravate the discrepancy between the rate of essence drops and the 10m plat requirement per UW for newer players.

Just my thoughts.

Danke
- Darpey

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 08:50:15 am »

Some big assumptions being made here that the these dungeons are a set it and forget situation in terms of drops. 
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 11:11:07 am »

Two more thoughts I had - one about the economy, another about the rate of UW farming.

UW Farming:
The dungeons are making the pace of UW farming much faster, which is what it is. However, the requirement of 10m plat per UW level kept pace with the old pace of farming, or was probably even slower than the pace of the old rate of essence farming (in that by the time you collected 100 essences, you probably wouldn't have 10m plat yet). With the accelerated rate of essence drops, you're going to have people with 5 tiers of 100 essences with only enough plat for one of them. Just a thought. (By the way, I only need 7m more plat to be done with UW11, so this does not affect me... except that I have done the farming, so I am aware of the pacing)

Economy:
Currently, most stable item in the economy is SLS - it has been 250k for the past many months, and it's always being bought and sold (this is a good thing, especially for new players). Currently, the expeditions are not selling SLS, but when they are, I fear that this might disrupt the economy in a negative way. I suppose this could be replaced with the selling of essences, but this can only be accomplished by players that aren't completely new (have to be t2-3 or so at least) - this would further aggravate the discrepancy between the rate of essence drops and the 10m plat requirement per UW for newer players.

Just my thoughts.

Danke
- Darpey

Darpey,
As one not having any UW's and probably wont try until later on in T7, I think we have to be careful with assuming the UW farming is getting easier. I don't have the cash nor the SLS to aug up my current t6 group. I get a little day by day farming, let alone get enough cash or essence to get a UW like its on easy mode. I think people have shifted focus from progressing, to grinding UW's. The mini dungeons don't introduce any more essence into the game than if someone was farming for them. More are getting introduce because people are farming the berries and maybe the charms and the few extra essence are a bonus, which they should be. I think its perfect and is doing what was intended (fix the lockout timer).

Additionally the SLS on the hive queen is not over the top, you have to complete 2 days of missions to get one SLS, and thats what you get for have spent your  hour or so farming the 2 minis. same rate as if you were farming in Jaggedpine just less mind numbing.

Lastly and this is not directed at you, when I hear people talking of the server economy its usually top end players and its tends to be a self serving statement because top tier players have far greater access to cash. Its the top tier players that are driving up the SLS to 250k which is a silly price for 15 minutes of work, just because they don't want to farm them themselves (I don't either).

I really don't see anything wrong currently, I am seeing a lot of new faces, lots of returning players and they are loving the server. I am recruiting new players into our guild weekly and its refreshing.

Hate as a suggestion, can you add something to the effect that this server is a boxing server to the login message? I have seen quite a few new players soloing and then when they get to the real server progression they ask a few questions and get told to make more toons Smiley
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:14:54 am by Warbash » Logged

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 11:31:52 am »

Warbash, thanks for the response.

I agree with your statement about the cash - it's taking a lot longer to farm 10m than it is to farm the 100 essences, especially the t1-4 expedition essences.

One of the reasons I was able to get my Hatestomp IV is that I run 14 players through the expeditions - If I wanted to devote this to SLS's (at the price that they were before they were discontinued), I could beat the expeditions in 45 minutes with 14 players, and get an average of 255 berries, or 10 SLS's for 45 minutes worth of work (14*15 berries per run + average of 9 UC upgrades sold for 3berries each = 255 total berries per run of t1-4 and t5 expeditions)

I don't really need SLS anymore, but I certainly wouldn't be buying them from newer players if I was getting 10 per day every day this way. (Granted I can only buy them once my players actually get 25 berries, which would be every other day'ish... but an average of 10 per day)

Maybe I'm completely off-base with my concerns - and I am viewing this from the viewpoint of being past these tiers. As a newer player though, I would farm SLS to get cash, since you could make ~1m/hour this way. I'm not sure how a character in CT, QVic or T1 could make money if SLS was devalued, but maybe it won't be idk.

Thanks for the response and differing point of view.
- Darpey

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 11:48:05 am »

oh nice, i did not realize you could sell the charm upgrades Smiley I still need way to many charms for that to ever happen in the near future but good to know.
What you say makes sense but you should also look at it from the point of view that you worked your arse off to box and gear 14 toons and they should all reap the reward for the minis. And yes you could focus those purchased SLS and send them all to one toon, but if you look at it on a per toon basis that's one SLS every 2 days Smiley not that much plus as you mentioned, you could sell the charm upgrades back and get a little more. Again you deserve it for the past charm farming you did Smiley.

Please bring the SLS back to the Hive Queen Smiley

Edit - Wanted to add more smiles as my post did not have enough.
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:49:43 am by Warbash » Logged

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 12:03:13 pm »

I am sure SLS were taken off Hivequeen as you could sell SLS back to her at 25 berries per SLS....Hate said as soon as he could figure out how to make it so that you couldn't sell stuff back to her like that he would add SLS back along with more items.

Intentional for now. Until we can get selling items disabled, had a few people getting things WAY to fast by selling items back to the NPC (such as the cheap credit or relatively low plat items). Once I have a way to disable selling back to the merchant, I'll add PLENTY of items to the Hive Queen.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:13:54 pm by Orthanos » Logged

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 01:02:16 pm »

Akkadius disabled the rule value today. With reboot, I'll likely branch off a new NPC for reward items, SLS, and other goodies. This way I can keep Hive Queen exclusive to new dungeon bits and Ultimate Augments (UA).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081