Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 05:46:28 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Population influx, camp fixes.  (Read 27340 times)
ieawenpo

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2010, 10:21:20 am »

I am not sure what thread to post this in because it seems as though the R&R is just for complaining and this isnt a complaint, just a question based on status.

Hunter and others...
Not sure if you are aware but with the population influx since p99 was down we have a pretty significant issue with the flow of the game.
Now, not everynight is the same, but for the most part here are the numbers.

- FG/CG camps almost 24/7
Lguk routinely has every spot camped almost non-stop.
Items like Begurgle, SSOY and KD are insanely hard to get.
Not sure on the solution.
Good idea maybe to implement an alternatives to FG/CG quests, like the old Live epic 1.0 quests and instead of epic, you get FG/CG.

- Epics
25+ players in time nightly.
I've been in time helping others all the time and more often than not you zone in and every mob is dead and groups lined up for next kill.
Terror and Quill are dead, every hour on the hour, every night.
*Suggestion*
T and Q spawn 30 mins.

Hasnt been as bad as expected, with the exception of Lguk5 and chest cards (See FG/CG)
MOW is still accessable, 30 min spawn is a welcoming touch.

Hushed is greatly improved. Thanks

TT hasnt been that much of an issue.

Progression...
Qvic... this is like the ghetto of EZ server.
Rampant vultures looming, ninjas and newbs.
Server ettiqeutte is pretty much non-existant. But, has improved a bit since the whole "ninja looting" thread.
*Suggestion*
I know you hate it, but, I beleive we need a Guide/GM online to drop the banhammer more.
We have a few threads on the forum where people are pointing out ninja's and server ettiqette.

Tacvi
No issues, seems to be a good run of loot/mobs etc.

T1/T2
40+ players in the zone nightly.
4 tiki's
10 players per 30 minute tiki spawn.
This is only going to get worse as more players are building boxed groups.
*suggestions*
Add 2 more tikis, one more t1 tiki by the docs, 1 more t2 tiki.

T3
Not sure, i know there are only a few groups/guilds in there, im sure there will be an issue when those numbers are increased.

CHARMS
I know obtaining the ultimate charm is supposed to be an ultimate quest.
But there is a fine line of "ultimate quest" over ultimate camp.
The upgrades are few and far between and LDON6 is camped 24/7.
*Suggestions*
Add charm upgrades to other zones. Possibly t1 or t2

This by no means isnt a RANT. Its a serious question as to how we plan on addressing the increased server population.
We have had discussions on the forums in the past and most of these quests were designed with a very low server population in mine (Hense, EZ quest).
Now if you are lucky to get 2 FG/CG rare items a night, sometimes 1 from quests that were sort of designed to be FUN going through the old zones.
Now you go through the old zones and are met with comments like "camped" before hello or "im running fraps" before hello.

I am just sure if Hunter spent the night on an Alt and tried to complete an FG/CG quest or upgrade his charm, he would see the pain.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:26:12 am by ieawenpo » Logged
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:37:35 am »

Its not even just evenings.  I got up at 6am for the server reset the other day.  Log on to find all of Lguk have someone at it already.  I was on by 6:15am.  I come home for lunch and 25 people in PoTime with the named all dead and lines formed.  Anything you could do Hunter would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 10:37:43 am »

That alt progression i have been working on has a new version of the Guild quests/epics and ldon charms that get you the same rewards as the current ones.

When i get it all put together and IF Hunter actually likes it that would fix the over camping a bit by adding an alternative route to do the same tasks.

Not saying that's something to rely on, odds are it won't go through i'm just doing it because why the hell shouldn't i at least try ;P. But the option is there.

Blood of the Akkadian
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 10:50:56 am »

T1/T2
40+ players in the zone nightly.
4 tiki's
10 players per 30 minute tiki spawn.
This is only going to get worse as more players are building boxed groups.
*suggestions*
Add 2 more tikis, one more t1 tiki by the docs, 1 more t2 tiki.

CHARMS
I know obtaining the ultimate charm is supposed to be an ultimate quest.
But there is a fine line of "ultimate quest" over ultimate camp.
The upgrades are few and far between and LDON6 is camped 24/7.
*Suggestions*
Add charm upgrades to other zones. Possibly t1 or t2

I like the tiki idea.   there is a big space back over by all those buildings where nothing is going on.  That would be a great place for a new tiki.

On the charms, it would really help if we had a ldon7.  Maybe make it identical to ldon6 (just gives everyone an extra place to go to help overcamping.)   Or maybe make an ldon7 a lot harder with a bump in the drop rate to compensate for it being tougher.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 10:51:29 am »

Its not even just evenings.  I got up at 6am for the server reset the other day.  Log on to find all of Lguk have someone at it already.  I was on by 6:15am.  I come home for lunch and 25 people in PoTime with the named all dead and lines formed.  Anything you could do Hunter would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Potime is very frustrating.
Even with the spawn timers increased, i believe the layout is whats so strange.
There are no camps and the tunnels are way back.

Zone in, check track, find a mob, clear though, find out the mob is at 5% and there is another group waiting for next spawn.
Zone out, zone in, check track, clear though, find out the mob is at 5% and there is another group waiting.
Did this 5 times the other day trying to help a new player to the server and I gave up.
Im not even sure how to fix it.
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 12:59:55 pm »

On the charms, it would really help if we had a ldon7.  Maybe make it identical to ldon6 (just gives everyone an extra place to go to help overcamping.)   Or maybe make an ldon7 a lot harder with a bump in the drop rate to compensate for it being tougher.

I've noticed that certain charms very rarely drop in ldon zones 2-4.  Brawlers have dropped for me on 2, Sorcerer on 3, and Oracle on 4. It'd be nice if the chances were brought more in line with ldon6, but the specificity of the charm remain the same.  It would give people a place to focus their efforts if they are only after 1 charm, instead of relying on wild card chance 1 outta 4 in ldon6 when they do get a drop.

I hate selling back charms for 200 points.  The 10% sell back is a joke. For the effort, it should be at least 1000 points.
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 02:09:18 pm »

Theres an LDoN guy at the end of LDoN6 that mentions something about the futre of LDoN i think? Well its the future! Time to do some changes!
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 02:42:05 pm »

Question for Danyelle or anyone else with experience in this sort of thing.  How hard is it to make the zones instanced?  Potime, Qvic, Tacvi, Etc.  I know there was another post about that but it turned into people talking about how it would require a monthly fee.

Sorry for my nubness.

Isummon

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 03:33:34 pm »

One more tiki in POD for t1 and t2 will not fix the issue or even help at all.

An extra tiki wouldn't make it to where a person could zone up and use there crystals because that one would just be camped.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 06:04:36 pm »

One more tiki in POD for t1 and t2 will not fix the issue or even help at all.

An extra tiki wouldn't make it to where a person could zone up and use there crystals because that one would just be camped.
Suggestions?
I am just trying to find a solution.
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 06:14:05 pm »

Yeah Bikaf that's the post I was referring to.  It ends up just being a bunch of people jumping on the I wont pay bandwagon.

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 06:34:56 pm »

If you read it though it answers your question
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 06:49:52 pm »

Yeah Bikaf that's the post I was referring to.  It ends up just being a bunch of people jumping on the I wont pay bandwagon.

try reading it again. I seem to remeber someone getting quite specific regarding making an instanced zone.
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 06:13:47 am »

Will do when I get to work.  After all that is what work is for right?

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 08:05:06 am »

I am noticing this issue more and more. Used to be, you could log on at 7AM and get most any cg/fg mob you wanted. Was nice to log in for 10 min before work and get a couple steps of progression. Now I get zero. (Evercamp is back)

----------------------------

Perhaps it's a stretch to program something like this, but I've seen other games do it.

If you could set the loot tables or spawn times to adjust with server or zone population, it would help with congestion.  ie. during peak times spawn timers are reduced or loot is double drop.

Or, just leave double drop on for a while. 

my 2¢
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 142
  • Online Ever: 8678