Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:55:45 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pet disappearing?  (Read 4963 times)
maldarr

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2014, 09:13:49 pm »

I apologize if this has been answered (nothing showed in my search for it).

I've been away from playing awhile. I noticed that my pet will disappear, and I think it is because I am too far away from him(?)
For instance, sending him to attack a mob that poisons, running out of range of the poison AE, pet goes poof.
I see a message that says something like "(Pet name) has been lost to the immaterium."
Can I assume there is a range limit for pets now?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:15:35 pm by maldarr » Logged
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 09:21:20 pm »

You assume correctly. New code was put in a few weeks or a month ago with the intent of eliminating pet based exploits (e.g. pulling Tserrina to the Zonein of ToFS, or "chaining" to pull NPCs far across the zone)

Gotta stay close to pet now or he poofs

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 09:35:00 pm »

Thats all that change has effected for me is things like the poison ae or other things that you normally use pets for, it messes all that up but hasnt changed any mob that I know of that large numbers of people usually pet pull and ive tested quite a few mobs.

Also the Changes in the new dungeons that prevent you from shrinking through the rocks, I dont think there was anyone at all skipping through the essence dropping trash and exploiting through rocks to get through the dungeon quicker. All that change has done is prevent people from getting to finish their instance when it gets bugged, and I see that happen to at least one person every day.

Dont mean to just complain because alot of the new changes recently have been awesome, but those two have not stopped any exploit or bad behavior that I know of theyve only hindered normal play.

Krinkle Sprinkle
maldarr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 10:59:09 pm »

Ah, Ok. I figured as much. Thanks for the quick reply!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 89