Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 02:08:56 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Post Halloween event discussion.  (Read 18444 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 09:11:02 pm »

I dont want to be the bad guy...

I am going to be taking a break from the server....

I just feel that things are changing in a way that its making all the hard work we have put in trivial.. I guess the capper for me was seeing UW's on mobs... really? Items I have had to put in hundreds of hours to achieve are now event loot fodder? It is what it is I guess but I feel that all of the work meansI  nothing now... So I am going to spend my time elsewhere But that's just me and maybe I am a killjoy...

I hope that everyone has fun and enjoys and Maybe I will see you all down the road somewhere:) been a fun few years ....

A

It's a special event, we made it special. It's now over.

Stop being so dramatic

EZ Server GM
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 09:43:14 pm »

no drama...I am not mad...

or even upset...

it has just stopped being a fun way to spend my time...

Maybe down the road that will change but for right now I do wish you all the best:)

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 10:25:32 pm »

I would add the candy guy to randomly pop Ct on turn in like previous years. I would like to see low end items like SLS or plat for Halloween coins. This would eliminate the need to create new currency next year as most would spend them on SLS or plat. I would also take the aoe mez and charms off the mobs as it does hinder low end players from killing them.

Click the candy or feast items... Wink

-Hate
all candy gave me was stonewall, tried 80 of them

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 10:27:46 pm »

gagem

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 12:35:03 am »

Thanks for all the hard work putting the Halloween event together, Akkadius, Hateborne, and Loveborne!  I had fun and got plenty of good loots and cash.

-Reagan

To get this back to a feedback post...

Great event, took time to build up the points to get all the pets we wanted on everyone, but the extra xp/plat from previous years was great.  The lack of strike augs I think was balanced out by the increased plat.  The few UW that showed was an /ooc surprise and very cool, that sort of thing should be super limited and was done at the right time, and announcing how many were left helped spur us all to pull faster.

Question: No sign of the Sceptre's of time?  I know they get replaced anyways at the top end, so maybe having a lvl 1 SoT available for Halloween tokens might help the lower end tanks finish there's off like it has been done in years past. (A lot of you old timers know what I mean, when you had a 10 it was mostly done at Halloween)

Balance feedback:  Stone Monster being much harder for many to deal with than the IG or the BU seems rough.  The un-resistible mez going off at the exact time of the tank charm is just ugly beyond balance... Pre resists adjustments you just had to have your tank above the charm lvl and he could bring the group back with the Instant cure group, or even the pally aoe cure if you used one to tank with.  The resists change has been challenging, but interesting and fun on the server, and I don't want to revisit that ever again (don't want to see Hate loose his mind Smiley However with that change the SM has become very unbalanced in relation to his place in the "chain" of bosses.  We did kill a few with our 2 groups but it felt like it had more to do with luck (does the charmed tank go right after the dispellers first or not) than tactics or skill.  And once he was down the IG and the BU seemed very easy in comparison (IG's charm without the mez is an easy fix with multiple dispellers).  Having his effects going off at more random times or looking at the charm resist again would be my suggestion as the aoe Mez being un-resistible was per Hunters original design.
Once the rare loots were officially all done we didn't even bother to kill SM's any more... was faster to just loot the CT corpse and then come back in and continue pulling to get the points needed to finish purchasing the pets from the vendor.

Was a great event, we had a ton of fun per usual, Thanks to all who helped make it what it was Smiley
Lastly, gotta say we loved the addition of the charm upgrades, was nice to work on those off off main group chars that usually don't get the love they want  Smiley Grin Cheesy
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 02:00:25 am »

I would add the candy guy to randomly pop Ct on turn in like previous years. I would like to see low end items like SLS or plat for Halloween coins. This would eliminate the need to create new currency next year as most would spend them on SLS or plat. I would also take the aoe mez and charms off the mobs as it does hinder low end players from killing them.

Click the candy or feast items... Wink

-Hate
all candy gave me was stonewall, tried 80 of them

they were giving me tons of high end buffs, 7.0 shaman click, Ancient Oak 3, etc
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:04:45 am by Digz » Logged
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 02:10:46 am »

I dont want to be the bad guy...

I am going to be taking a break from the server....

I just feel that things are changing in a way that its making all the hard work we have put in trivial.. I guess the capper for me was seeing UW's on mobs... really? Items I have had to put in hundreds of hours to achieve are now event loot fodder? It is what it is I guess but I feel that all of the work meansI  nothing now... So I am going to spend my time elsewhere But that's just me and maybe I am a killjoy...

I hope that everyone has fun and enjoys and Maybe I will see you all down the road somewhere:) been a fun few years ....

A

when i seen my UW5 show up in the loot window i was immediately surprised followed by terribly worried as im one of the few who actually worked up a UW8 by farming all the essences (with no double loot), the amount of time it took to farm all those essences was mind boggling so i can understand your concern. If they were dropping like candy then i would probably agree with you but only 6 dropped, even if i didn't get one i think i wouldn't be that cheesed about it, would be a different story if like 20+ uw's were handed out and we now had new players running around with a UW5-8 they knew nothing about, or what it even takes to get one outside of the event. Out of the 6 i know that me and i believe Clove was another? we both already have high rank UWs so we def put our time into the game for the halloween UW to not exactly be a freebie.

and mine was only a 5 so im not looking forward to farming abyss again for essences Tongue
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 06:00:56 am »

Digz, yes already rolling on UW X.  Similar sentiment as you.  Saw the UW drop, thought they were dropping like candy and thought "oh shit there goes the server".  Hit the forums and see Love had informed the population that only 6 dropped, it is no longer a game breaking function and instead just a super rare chance at something amazing.  

That being said, this Halloween event was really refreshing even if that UW had not dropped.  New zone, several new pet tiers, new bosses, new currency, quests, a separate time related boss spawn mechanic, and more.  Could it be tweaked over the years?  Sure.  Hunter tweaked his.  This will be no different.  

As with all things on this server.  Balidet, throwing a tantrum gets no results (Hunter used to Dump on people for doing this, don't think the new bosses are any softer than Hunter was).  Provide information on what changes you propose with as much detail as possible and hope for the best.  The feedback so far looks mostly positive with some negative more so with newer players or lower tier players.  Give Hate/Akk/Love suggestions on what you would like to see.  That is what we call, feedback.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 07:04:14 am by clbreastmilk » Logged
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 08:03:03 am »

I am looking through the junk and if I see a suggestion, throwing it up at the top of the thread.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2014, 11:08:17 am »

The UWs were Love's idea actually. She wanted to give you ladies/gents/trolls a small chance at a limited number of drops. Even so, the UWs were limited to 6 and the ACTUAL rank was literally 1-8 on ANY of the UWs. So we have what...two or three UW5+? Unless the others are not forum-going people, they may have low ranking UWs.

To those that got one of the 6 golden loot tickets (UW), congrats! To the rest, hope you got the pet(s) and plat you wanted. :-D

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Rangewind

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2014, 11:38:19 am »

All in all I loved the event, yes it was different.  The only thing that I would like to suggest is to change up the boss spawns some.  Make them like T7 where you kill a boss and the next one spawns in another location but keeping the on ur face spot in the code as it is part of the fun.  This would let the people who can kill CT but not SM get the loot from CT most of the time.

I was lucky enough to find a bronze ticket FS7.  and admit that the dropping of the UW made me start working on mine again.
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2014, 06:15:13 pm »

I have to admit my first take on the change was negative.  No (few) aug drops.  Single zone to spend a week in.  UWs dropping off CT.   Every noob able to purchase MoF pets for the bulk of their crew.  I was wrong.

This was an event planned and executed to appeal to the masses... not just the T9/10 crowd.  Elitism aside, I think Akka, Hate and Love hit all the right buttons here. 

If you spent 6+ hours during the week you geared your entire crew with IG+ pets, collected 75m+ plat and had several random chances at a UW, Augs, MoF and AF pets.  I enjoyed the event immensely.  Thanks you three.. for putting together a very solid event.

Augs for Christmas?  /whistles innocently
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2014, 06:28:51 pm »

http://www.ezserverwiki.com/Strike_Augments

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Bigoh

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2014, 06:39:09 pm »

We can make these and do more damage??
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2014, 08:46:43 am »

Hate, Akka and Love:
   This was an awsome Halloween event. I really believe Hunter
would have been proud of this work, and admitted that he coulnd't
have done better himself. You really have outdone yourselves, all
to entertain a complete random and disheveled group of questionable
human beings (myself included,) and I thank you for that.

From the time I logged in, the NExus looked fantastic. I loved
the random illusions on the players and the overall atmosphere
lended to the place. I think you picked a great zone to fight in as
well. It was the right size and number of mobs, and though the
chains were almost always too short, Diablo spawning bosses really
went a long ways to even things out. The rare loots, side quests,
plat, and alternative point system to get pets was nothing but
crazy generous as an added bonus.

This event on an ancient game really went a long ways to
making this Halloween unique and special for me. I also enjoyed
trick-or-treating with the family and hanging out, but it was here
that I spent the vast majority of my time, and I really had a blast
and felt all the time I put in was worth the rewards.

Having said that, there was one thing that I didn't like, and
that was all the pissing and moaning that went on. From the first
day when everything wasn't exactly going to plan (I expected this
as every game has these problems, plus the nature of akka remotely
assisting is difficult in itself,) to the bitching about changing
the event (There was no choice, and even if there was this was
better than the old event IMHO,) to the panic at the news that UWs
were indeed dropping.

To those who whined about the event catering to the T5+
players: You had plenty of time to prepare. I spent 2 months on
purpose preparing for this. In that time I went from just breaking
into T7 to breaking into T9 and from no UW to UW9 (The essences and
cash I had saved up helped a bunch, had about half of them.)

Remeber that we have only 3 people (who have real lives and
jobs) making free content for us. Also, anyone who couldn't solo
should have done what we had to do back when ct and stone monster
were new (brace yourselves,) TEAM UP. Band together to take out
named mobs, and don't be afraid to ask someone for help. Don't
whine and complain in ooc, simply ask... I guarentee you WILL get
help. I and others I know helped many people get named and clear
mobs. Also, the candy and points went a long way to cater to these
players.

That's not to say feedback isn't importaint. After all, we are
not only the players but the beta testers here. Post a well thought
out, reasoned suggestion and see if it gains traction. Our devs do
respond to us, which is why EZ is as successful as it is.

Sorry for writing a book, but this has been on my mind
ruminating and I couldn't just keep it all in. Most of the people
on this server are really fun, easy going, helpful folks: don't let
the few ungreatfuls ruin it for you.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 299
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)