Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 06:17:53 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Odd Lag / Zone Issues Random Characters  (Read 16099 times)
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2014, 05:58:22 pm »

Have an SoF disc....thinking I should try that and see if maybe it is a UF problem?  I am still thinking it is a server problem myself, but Akka and Hate or anyone who could possibly verify have been very quiet...... Undecided

Maybe quiet here. But I've been extremely busy working on overhauls for EQEmu.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/commits?author=Akkadius

If there is a server performance issue, which I'm not quite convinced that there is quiet yet, I will most definitely fix it.

Could be a variety of other things, but it is hard to say truly until I get some hard data and commonality of problems before I start to do anything to determine where a problem potentially lies.

Akka,

Like I explained in original post, I was experiencing disconnects on zone whether from casting or death as well as a sync issue with character when zoning which then felt like it lead to extreme lag, most noticeable when looting.

Since I experienced so much lag during the Halloween event, i made a slim version of EQ for the alts and changes the second computer to a slimmed down version using stick figures and modified global and custom zone files.

I don't recall any substantial amount of disconnects during the Halloween event, just general slow zoning etc... from server load it felt. Once the event was over, I started to get the disconnects, the sync issue and loot lag.

My 1st attempt to resolve this from my end was restore the stock global and custom zone files and delete all files from the Halloween event and replace them with backups. so now I was using a clean version of UF in one folder for all toons.

This fixed my crashing and disconnecting, but it seems randomly there is still a sync issue when zoning and sometimes when looting on random toons.

Let me explain what I am talking about a sync issue. Say for example all toons are in a zone or all toons zone into the same zone (I box 18), randomly a few toons or the one zoning in, will show up in the zone. You can move this toon but does not respond to commands, wont accept a /stick command and does not show up as grouped. wait about 10 seconds or more and then the group bars show up and you are spammed with "you have formed a raid, blah blah has joined the raid" etc... when this happens this particular toon will have lag in all things like looting or attacking etc... this has only happened since right after the Halloween event.

Wish I could be more help.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2014, 07:58:51 pm »

From what I can tell, a majority of issues seem to stem from the Halloween character files that were made for Nexus.

Delete nexus_chr.txt from your client directory. See how that fairs on your client if you are having crashing issues.

Issues related to lag and desync could happen from a lack of available bandwidth with the amount of characters you are running. EverQuest has always ran for the most part on UDP messaging which means that it doesn't really do any handshaking or verifying that certain messages have been received and if you are saturating your connection there is no reliable way to recover that at the protocol level so you are bound to see some mixed results.

EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061