Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 01:28:39 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Trouble with mq2test  (Read 5599 times)
Orkin

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2014, 11:27:24 pm »

I've been away for about a year and want to join back up on the server, but am having a hard time getting everything installed right.

I've followed the start up guides as well as I understand them, and I keep getting an error that says something like mq2test is out of date in respect to mq2main.  Any advice on this?
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 12:50:23 am »

sounds like you have the wrong mq2 version? Are you using UF?

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Orkin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 11:06:32 am »

Yeah I downloaded UF / classic download.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 11:45:37 am »

Look for a plugin called mq2test and disable it.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Orkin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 11:49:59 am »

Well, I've added mq2test from the server files here so that I can box without my computer freaking out.  It doesn't come with the original download.  I'm hoping to find a way to get mq2test to work with the mq2 download from mqemulator.net .  I know other people have it working, not sure why it's not working for me.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 02:50:27 pm »

About 3 months ago there was an issue with a server update. The eqmain was causing a crash in mq2melee. If you disabled mq2melee you would be able to continue using mq2. As a result, they updated the eqmain which then prompted a new mq2 being pushed out. the eqtest does not work because it is not updated for this version of mq2. Unless you can update it, move on and stop pulling your hair out. Fyi if you need to fix your screens it's like /viewport 0

Keeze
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 11:57:24 pm »

About 3 months ago there was an issue with a server update. The eqmain was causing a crash in mq2melee. If you disabled mq2melee you would be able to continue using mq2. As a result, they updated the eqmain which then prompted a new mq2 being pushed out. the eqtest does not work because it is not updated for this version of mq2. Unless you can update it, move on and stop pulling your hair out. Fyi if you need to fix your screens it's like /viewport 0

That is a separate issue with seeing unexpected data in the player profile that is sent to the client.

That issue has been since corrected server side as well as mqemulator.net builds.

EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061