Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 07:30:06 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Range slot added to War Epic 3.0 Please  (Read 12583 times)
Warbash

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2014, 10:49:19 am »

Hate or Love,
Any chance we could get ranged added to war 3.0 aug? I use it for pulling and if I use a uw 2h I cant have it in my secondary. This way we could put it in range and still pull and not give up a top level inventory slot using the SoT since its not a commonly used range item anymore.
That would be great!

Oh wanted to push again for my request to add slot type 22 to all strike augs, mostly ninja and fire so that we could aug t7 + weapons with lower augs until such a time they can be brought up to lvl IX.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Ugazel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 12:56:50 pm »

That is a great idea one if the main reasons I have not switched to the two hander yet as I didn't want to loose my 3.0 in secondary and have to occupy a inventory slot for it
Bigoh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 01:01:57 pm »

Hate or Love,
Any chance we could get ranged added to war 3.0 aug? I use it for pulling and if I use a uw 2h I cant have it in my secondary. This way we could put it in range and still pull and not give up a top level inventory slot using the SoT since its not a commonly used range item anymore.
That would be great!

Oh wanted to push again for my request to add slot type 22 to all strike augs, mostly ninja and fire so that we could aug t7 + weapons with lower augs until such a time they can be brought up to lvl IX.

I agree with 3.0 range slot fully.

I do not agree with the making strike augs less then 9 usable in T7 + weapons. T6 is a steeping stool for the game to get harder. The only thing this is gonna do is have more newbs in full T7/T8/T9 armor running around in lower zones cause instead of buying strike augs there gonna buy armor. T6 allows for good money and uc2s, both needed to progress threw the following tiers. Farm stuff instead of buying armor, just saying...
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 01:09:10 pm »

Unless someone walked them through every zone, no one in full T7/T8/T9 gear is a newb.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 02:29:51 pm »

Unless someone walked them through every zone, no one in full T7/T8/T9 gear is a newb.

Then they shouldn't have issues with the same system every one of their predecessors dealt with, it was intentionally designed this way and alleviating the inconvenience of a massive power gain is a pretty weak argument.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 02:37:53 pm »

Playing the part of devil's advocate regarding the request for making 3.0 range capable, if you are using a bow in range instead of SoT then can't you just buy arrows and put them in the ammo slot to pull with?  As it currently stands, you can leave the 3.0 in a top level inventory slot and still use it and only sacrifice one bag slot.  The main issue with bag slots has been addressed in making plat bags stackable, even when carrying all your keys and clickies, food and drink you should have a good 3 10 slot bags empty if you leave a top level inventory slot open.  I'm not suggesting it's a bad request, just that it's easy to counter the reasons for implementing one.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 02:41:56 pm by Dimur » Logged
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 03:50:53 pm »

you can use SoT from inv ... no reason for the change
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 03:57:06 pm »

Playing the part of devil's advocate regarding the request for making 3.0 range capable, if you are using a bow in range instead of SoT then can't you just buy arrows and put them in the ammo slot to pull with?  As it currently stands, you can leave the 3.0 in a top level inventory slot and still use it and only sacrifice one bag slot.  

good point but I don't use a bow in range, I use Jewlers Candlight

The main issue with bag slots has been addressed in making plat bags stackable, even when carrying all your keys and clickies, food and drink you should have a good 3 10 slot bags empty if you leave a top level inventory slot open.  I'm not suggesting it's a bad request, just that it's easy to counter the reasons for implementing one.
mostly accurate, then add the almost 12 stones for t7, maybe a few t7 patterns or the gear that you have not augged, an aa crystal, a few essence, oh and the bane weapons. It really adds up fast.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:04:01 pm by Warbash » Logged

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 04:02:43 pm »

I agree with 3.0 range slot fully.

I do not agree with the making strike augs less then 9 usable in T7 + weapons. T6 is a steeping stool for the game to get harder. The only thing this is gonna do is have more newbs in full T7/T8/T9 armor running around in lower zones cause instead of buying strike augs there gonna buy armor. T6 allows for good money and uc2s, both needed to progress threw the following tiers. Farm stuff instead of buying armor, just saying...

For those capable of getting past t5 this can happen anyway, no impact. Additionally if you don't have decent strike augs you probably wont kill very fast at all, you will have massive amounts of ping pong because of hate roll over on war and as a result lots of deaths.

Yes T6 provides money but not enough to allow you to IX aug entire melee group when your in t7 and we dont need more plat in the game. I am about 65% done with t7 and still only have 30% of my team using T7 weapons. I don't see any harm in to to be honest, it does not give anyone a leg up really. It will allow those few that buy their t7 / t8 stuff to pu lower tier augs and gain HP and a small amount of white damage but so what.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:05:54 pm by Warbash » Logged

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 04:24:27 pm »

The main issue with bag slots has been addressed in making plat bags stackable, even when carrying all your keys and clickies, food and drink you should have a good 3 10 slot bags empty if you leave a top level inventory slot open.  I'm not suggesting it's a bad request, just that it's easy to counter the reasons for implementing one.
mostly accurate, then add the almost 12 stones for t7, maybe a few t7 patterns or the gear that you have not augged, an aa crystal, a few essence, oh and the bane weapons. It really adds up fast.

You can quite easily use the summon banker item to bank those items if you're running out of space, then use it again to pull them out when you need them.

Playing the part of devil's advocate regarding the request for making 3.0 range capable, if you are using a bow in range instead of SoT then can't you just buy arrows and put them in the ammo slot to pull with?  As it currently stands, you can leave the 3.0 in a top level inventory slot and still use it and only sacrifice one bag slot. 

good point but I don't use a bow in range, I use Jewlers Candlight

That's a gear choice, you could equip the bow when going out to pull and not sacrifice much in the way of stats then re-equip your range item if you so desired when back at your camp.  Gear choices is something Hate has been actively promoting, it's nice to see an example of it in use.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 04:28:07 pm »

Yes T6 provides money but not enough to allow you to IX aug entire melee group when your in t7 and we dont need more plat in the game. I am about 65% done with t7 and still only have 30% of my team using T7 weapons. I don't see any harm in to to be honest, it does not give anyone a leg up really. It will allow those few that buy their t7 / t8 stuff to pu lower tier augs and gain HP and a small amount of white damage but so what.

Then they shouldn't have issues with the same system every one of their predecessors dealt with, it was intentionally designed this way and alleviating the inconvenience of a massive power gain is a pretty weak argument.

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 04:34:27 pm »

yes yes dim, you are always right and yours is the only view in the world. Its a request to make things more flexible and as for your assumption that anything was intentionally designed a certain way, please quote the source or its simply hearsay.

I'm glad you are happy to summon bankers and change items in the slots, keep it up Smiley

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 04:45:24 pm »

It's not my view, it was something Hunter implemented and after listening to all the feedback from people he still decided it was the way he wanted it.  Sorry that you weren't around for the discussions, but you can ask some of the more tenured players that were involved in the discussions to verify if you like.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2014, 04:50:53 pm »

Quote from: Warbash

Yes T6 provides money but not enough to allow you to IX aug entire melee group when your in t7

LoL, Really you are wrong period.. that quote made me really laugh... it's funny how players were able to augment a full team with no issues... sigh you're sad

Players were able to fully augment groups to 9s prior to the UW release (wow!)
Players were able to fully augment groups to 9s prior to laying retarded onslaught to T6 (wow!)
Players were able to fully augment groups to 9s prior to all this here is your trophy plat bags in every zone (wow!)

There are plenty of other reasons why I don't mind if they do get the slot to equip in subpar weps, but using the excuse of no money or just can't is getting old..

Playing through a tier once will not net you every resource you need, just a friendly reminder.. grind grind grind

oh as for the ranged item... you can use it from inside a bag too.. sigh..
just make a hotkey
/casting "sceptre of the ages X"  (or whatever the spelling is, it will cast it and rebag it..)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:09:04 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 05:43:21 pm »

Lol

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats