Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 11:23:29 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Mana Neck suggestion  (Read 11824 times)
aythena

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2014, 02:48:40 am »

Just a Great suggestion for mana neck since its been floating around that it could use a major rework.
First off. Remove LORE from mana neck, will why shortly.
Changes as follow:
Remove the health to mana click and set it to a set mana regen value. aka level 1 maybe 100 mana regen and up.

Secound: Add spell damage bonus every rank in 10% increments for instance rank 1 10% rank 11 would be 110%. (worn effect.)
Third: Remove ON cast proc, and instead make it a pet/owner clickie buff proc. (duration many hours like other buffs)
Fourth: Set damage value for proc equal to Icestrike of same tier. (or possibly half the damage since it is pet+owner procs).
Fifth: Increase cost. IE 3 mana neck 8's  required for mana neck 9 (reason I said to remove lore).

Reasons for suggesting the changes.  Issues stated with casters not being able to cast before mobs die, higher chance of doing damage on hit procs opposed to nukes. Gives casters a fair instant cast ability. Put them on the same damage range of melee in terms of cost investment.

Leader of the Angry Waifu Club:
Cause even waifu have feels too.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 06:29:04 am »

i got no snark for this...

It's actually a really good idea.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 07:54:15 am »

Sounds solid to me - good way to "fix" casters

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 09:11:55 am »

does sound good, but imagine necros stacking death 1, 2, and 3 with epedimic ae. that would have to be changed to not allow the increase in spell dmg somehow id think.

Krinkle Sprinkle
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 09:18:39 am »

does sound good, but imagine necros stacking death 1, 2, and 3 with epedimic ae. that would have to be changed to not allow the increase in spell dmg somehow id think.

Im coming out of ignorance - I don't play a necro regularly, and I haven't done the death quest...

Under this scenario, do you even have a ballpark of what DPS a Necro would do with the proposed max mana neck and max death? (i.e. is it TOO high?)

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 03:56:45 pm »

I suggested something similar to the percentage damage increase per level in the DPS parse thread, I like these ideas and think it would help.

I know my mage can chain cast for 7-8min and not go oom and there really aren't any fights where he needs to cast for that long.

I do believe Wizards have mana issues, however, if there is a significantly high FT attached, that should help negate the loss of the conversion.

aythena

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 12:20:53 pm »

yeah your right zerker epic click should be changed not to work with uc3 and spell damage bonus of uw either ^_^
Then everyone would join the warlock side, besides we have cookies Smiley you know you want too.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:22:31 pm by aythena » Logged

Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 03:58:44 pm »

No, but even if I had a thought like that id for sure keep it to myself. I know alot about necros, I am the best Necro player ever to have existed in eqlive and eqemulator axe anyone. I know about the spell death and how it works very well, it needs a damage increase, but id just be easy on it.

Though it would be funny to buff the dmg on it alot and let me own mass pulls with my necro while everyone else levels up their necros, then nerf it when they all get their necros into t9 so actually I dont care either way.

Krinkle Sprinkle
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 05:45:42 pm »

Sir, I was the best necro on live...

wtf

Smiley

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 07:27:57 pm »

No I was. Fear kite 4tw ! Necro Death Squad what what  !

Keeze
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 12:14:23 am »

Best necro I ever worked with live was a Brazilian on Cazic server named Chupacabraa. Kicked some serious ass.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
aythena

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 02:20:40 pm »

No, but even if I had a thought like that id for sure keep it to myself. I know alot about necros, I am the best Necro player ever to have existed in eqlive and eqemulator axe anyone. I know about the spell death and how it works very well, it needs a damage increase, but id just be easy on it.

Though it would be funny to buff the dmg on it alot and let me own mass pulls with my necro while everyone else levels up their necros, then nerf it when they all get their necros into t9 so actually I dont care either way.

Isn't that the trend on this server people want easier then when there done with the newest tier and maxed out they QQ all day about how easy the game is so it gets nerfed for the rest of the server Smiley Read all the old tier 9 post from the same people QQ about how to easy the game is now Smiley

Drep

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 10:44:58 am »

Not enough arguing on this thread.   Lets get it back on track...

Casters are Overpowered.  They need fixing!

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 10:53:01 am »

Not enough arguing on this thread.   Lets get it back on track...

Casters are Overpowered.  They need fixing!

good troll effort sir, but it's all played out

Drep

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 10:55:51 am »

It worked!

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 166