Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:51:07 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Mini Dungeons Locked Temporarily! :-O  (Read 19925 times)
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 06:01:40 pm »

That's pretty messed up...  Undecided

Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 02:00:42 am »

There was, I reported it to hate a few weeks back. You could leave a few toons out of raid, do daily, have left out toon request daily, then #e invite toons regardless of lockout. Finish daily and get more berries.
So I could technically do it 18 times a day if I used the sploit, since I could solo the t5.

The fact that you explained it, and I still don't have any idea how that would work in practice, makes me more frustrated than the people who go and abuse it.
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 07:21:56 am »

I find it interesting who hasn't posted on this thread, maybe it's just me.....

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 08:52:09 am »

That is quite the exploit you had there. seems way more tedious and annoying than it is worth. I mean, unless you just really really absolutely want the epic aug NOW NOW NOW.
aythena

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 11:25:16 am »

I would hope that those who benefited from the exploit would be punished in some way. Maybe resetting berries and items taken. Can't keep allowing the inmates to run with no smack down. If not punished now what would be the hesitation to not do it again if another is discovered in future content.
Then there would have to be a lot of high end players with removed 1k level RoA for exploiting anguish amongst many other exploits in the past, Lots of people follow the trend new exploit use it till it doesn't benefit me, then report it so no one else can catch up to me any time soon. Pretty sure that cycle been going on more years then I have been playing here Smiley
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:37:59 am by aythena » Logged

Leader of the Angry Waifu Club:
Cause even waifu have feels too.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 12:34:44 pm »

Feeling the heat Aythena?  You're seriously going to stand here and defend someone sitting characters out of a known lockout timer so they can invite characters who have the lockout back into a timed expedition and get around a very obvious and very intentional roadblock?  And you're going to use the argument that exploits happened before and we should just ignore this little bit of fun because, Hey...shit happens?  There's a world of difference between this exploit and mass pulling anguish, you obviously lack the capacity for rational thought so I'll put it in layman's terms for you.

OMM always summoned whatever mobs were left alive in the zone to him to encourage and require people to fully clear the zone when you weren't geared up enough to deal with more than just him.  We're all aware of the gear progression on EZ and how once you gear through a zone you own it.  There were plenty of people teaming up clears and leaving trash mobs up while killing bosses along the way when T6 was still end zone.  People were trying to maximize clear times, and with 2 or 3 heavily geared groups, one person would focus on OMM while the other person dealt with the trash.  This was much easier to do after the first Halloween with the Black Unicorn DT click, because of the charm you'd sacrifice a cloth with a pet to eat the charm and fire off DT clicks before the mobs pathed all the way to OMM.  Hunter was well aware of the mechanics people were using to clear Anguish, nobody was keeping it a secret from him and he always got a kick out of what players could figure out.  At some point he figured it'd be more painful to people to have OMM instantly summon the mobs on agro, so you wouldn't have much time to deal with the charm issue while waiting for the mobs to path up.  By then T7 was out, people were starting to tackle the zone and get their warriors the bp's with worn effect that was broken at the time, but hp on toons was still low enough that you didn't notice the bp blocked all incoming melee except special attacks that would get through, but the more useful bonus was the heal over time from killshots.  It made a warrior able to solo anything that couldn't kill him in a fight, with little to no downtime between encounters.  Add in the UW implementation and it's killshot heal and it was just a matter of time before people were so grossly overgeared for the zone that they could engage OMM, eat the DT and live, kill some trash using riposte disc with UW equipped, heal back up and continue killing the trash mobs after OMM was dead.  I don't know how many people attained the level of gear required to be able to do it, but I do know that I told Hunter about it and reproduced it for him while he stood there and watched, laughing.  We had a good dialogue about all the things that contributed to that being possible, pinpointed the worn effect on the warrior BP being the biggest reason it was possible with help from people like Fugi, Yeejek and Danish contributing to the discussions and eventually Hunter changed the mechanic on OMM and Hate balanced the worn effect to something reasonable and still beneficial.

That's not a quick summary of what you refer to as exploiting Anguish, but it's not meant to be.  It simply illustrates how far off you are in your casual dismissal of the Berry exploit as no worse than the well communicated and short lived clearing-anguish-in-one-pull mechanic.  Primarily, the Anguish pull was working within existing game mechanics...OMM was supposed to pull all mobs to him, it's just that with enough gear you wouldn't die to it.  The Berry exploit in no way could be argued to be in line with using game mechanics since you'd have to knowingly leave characters out of the expedition with the sole purpose of inviting the locked out person back in for another run.  But I'm guessing you are just trying to do damage control at this point...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 12:42:16 pm by Dimur » Logged
avadar

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2014, 12:53:59 pm »

I would hope that those who benefited from the exploit would be punished in some way. Maybe resetting berries and items taken. Can't keep allowing the inmates to run with no smack down. If not punished now what would be the hesitation to not do it again if another is discovered in future content.

Agreed.  It should be fairly easy to determine if people were getting more berries than possible simply based on the released date of the content.  Someone with more time than I could certainly even dig that up based on form post dates.  

It costs X berries to get to max Hatestomp aug, at Y berries per day the soonest someone could have gotten the aug is day Z.  Anyone having it before that....tsk tsk tsk

^ This is misinformed. Back when epic aug vendor was first introduced, there was a sell feature that enabled players to sell prism charms and SLS for berries. This is how I maxed out my epic aug quick and I'm sure others did the same, not by looping dailies multi times for berries or however it's done. So it's not quote as cut and dry as you think.

-Harthek
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 12:57:09 pm by avadar » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, 12:59:49 pm »

Excellent point Harthek, but couldn't you just start a berry count query from the point that the charms and SLS were disabled sell backs to the queen and see who has attained more than the 15 per day rate over that time period?

Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 01:01:50 pm »

The people he know that sold sls to get max hatestomp would be this people btw, and I know a few other people who got lots of points and waited to combine, but that doesnt mean akkadius isnt going to be able to see who was exploiting at all, he seems like a smart man, im prob his favorite player or person hes ever met on the internet so i know he will catch em, and I know he can ban em too, personally.

Krinkle Sprinkle
avadar

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 01:12:31 pm »

Excellent point Harthek, but couldn't you just start a berry count query from the point that the charms and SLS were disabled sell backs to the queen and see who has attained more than the 15 per day rate over that time period?

Lol this is why you get paid the big bucks dim.. Yes please let's do this!!
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2014, 01:25:02 pm »

It would be really simple to find out who did this exploit.

The total number of berries someone can get in 1 day is what 15 (if done honestly)?   Do a search for anyone who received more than 15 in one day and kablam, your caught.  
This exploit took time and practice and who ever did it knew exactly what they were doing when they were doing it.  
If you did it, you should be dinged for at the very least the amount of berrires you took from the server.  I personally would reset your berry count to 0 and then make it negative the amount to the you took.  Make you work off your debit to the server.  

Kinda of like a prison sentence.  LoL
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2014, 01:30:08 pm »

And if people don't like that they could just ReMOve the damn augs from EVERYONE and start if all over...

and the people who exploited MIGHT think twice before doing it again because the entire server is now pissed....

A berry reset would suck... but I am sure that as stated lots of people sold sls and augs back... so since lots or most of the people took a short cut.... start it over.

In all fairness I have Hatestomp 1 and about 20 berries left over so I give no shits either way.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2014, 01:37:07 pm »

Stop debating over who did what with lockouts. The reason for these being down is mostly in majority for observing stability changes implemented with the last patch.

Since I have this week off I will be taking care of these within the next day or so and we'll be back online.

Have patience.

EZ Server GM
gagem

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 10:36:07 am »

Stop debating over who did what with lockouts. The reason for these being down is mostly in majority for observing stability changes implemented with the last patch.

Since I have this week off I will be taking care of these within the next day or so and we'll be back online.

Have patience.

We no can has pitchforks and torches? Sad
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 05:26:26 pm »

Ok explain to me what people are so overly pissed about?  If people exploited and bypassed the lockout...that is being fixed...are you mad cause you cant do dailies?  I agree right now that's about all there is to do on the server....and if you are not at that point, of all there is to do, then why are you complaining?

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057