Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 10:33:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 12-20-2014 (Rain of Fear 2 Client BETA Launched)  (Read 63993 times)
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2014, 01:05:27 pm »

Darn looks like i'll actually have to download it, was hoping that the copy of my eq folder from October 2013 would work but nope, black screen after selecting ezserver
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2014, 01:12:56 pm »

for long term, this is going to be an issue for paladins and berserkers since they still use 2 firestrikes in their mainhand and to a lesser extent warriors with anger augs. im assuming the aug trick cannot be put back in the game since it seemed a "bug" or maybe an oversight in the last client, i think this is just one thing that will stop many people from upgrading their clients anytime soon. might just be easier to rebalance strike augs for Firestrike users so they only need to use 1? granted that would mean everyone has to throw away 1 FS aug but meh, might be necessary moving forward....thoughts?
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2014, 01:28:02 pm »

It may be easier to do that for sure, should apply to hr augs too. You can just combine and use diff hr augs otherwise.
Should also double the dps for icestrike augs too since melee can use 2 per weapon.

I would also wait for a solution on this before swapping over completely.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2014, 01:30:20 pm »

oh ya! i forgot about icestrike users.
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2014, 01:40:49 pm »

why not just make an a and b version of each aug? just put the aug inside the magic box by itself and combine to switch between the 2 so that we can use 2 still? and for heroic resist augs maybe make like 3-4 of them
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2014, 01:42:56 pm »

why not just make an a and b version of each aug? just put the aug inside the magic box by itself and combine to switch between the 2 so that we can use 2 still? and for heroic resist augs maybe make like 3-4 of them
man great idea too

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2014, 01:53:28 pm »

Anyone having an issue getting bard epic to fire with twist ?

Keeze
jck169

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2014, 02:20:53 pm »

I am not sure why you are getting the buy now button on items after you removed an epic aug.  What aug slot type is it?  I need  more info so I can test and figure it out.  I am guessing it is something in the item header that would cause that buy now button to show up.

Epic is slot type 21.  The mouse hover tip on the Buy Now button says to click to open marketplace to purchase special ornamentation ability.  Shows this on default UI with MQ2 unloaded also.
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2014, 03:58:56 pm »

Thanks for the response Trevius,
One thing I did not see you reference is 2 like aug failure.
With the old system let's assume we have 3 like augs, heroic resist stone III. If you wanted to have all like augs in an item, you would have to put 2 place holder augs in the top 2 slots then insert the hrIII. You would then remove the middle slot aug and insert the 2nd hrIII. Rinse and repeat for the last and top aug. If you did not use a place holder in the top 2 slots, the hrIII would tak the top slot and not allow the same aug to be placed in the 2nd or 3rd slot. A poster above said with the new system they could not aug same augs together.

Edit. I just confirmed, you get the error "you cannot place two duplicate gems in the same item"
I tried different variations and same error.

Yes, that sounds like an exploit from what I can tell and I see no reason to support an exploit from a previous client.  More likely, we should fix the exploit in the older clients as well!  If you are using augments as intended on the server, then the people managing the content should adjust the augs in question to work in a legit way instead of requiring an exploit/bug.  It sounds like there are already a few suggested solutions to this from the server side of things by simply making variations of these augs.

Epic is slot type 21.  The mouse hover tip on the Buy Now button says to click to open marketplace to purchase special ornamentation ability.  Shows this on default UI with MQ2 unloaded also.

That was my guess for the slot type that was causing this problem.  Slot 20 and 21 are for Ornamentation and Special Ornamentation.  Since Ornamentations are now supported in the newest source, I would recommend moving the augs that use these slot types to another slot type.  I discuss it fairly thoroughly in this thread:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?p=236202#post236202

Though, those slot types should (in theory) be fine to use for other augs without getting that buy now button.  I haven't seen that button show up after using these on my server yet, but I think I only tried slot 20, not 21 so far.  I will do some more testing on it and see if I can resolve whatever issue that is.

2) Extended Target Window doesnt seem to work, any UI, no matter what we do. Happens with or without MQ2.

3) Aforementioned run speed issues

I have fixed the Extended Target Window in the latest source updates from today. 

I am not clear on the run speed issue yet, because I am not sure what you are referring to.  Using SoE and SoW seem to increase run speed fine.  Are the speed clickies you are referring do something other than a run speed buff?  I don't think I have tried bard songs yet for run speed, so maybe that is it?
demonstar55
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2014, 04:03:59 pm »

Akka,

Guilds still spam rank on zone in.

"You have entered blightfire moors.
Your raid was disbanded
You are now the rank of member
You formed a raid
Warbash is now leader of your raid
xxx has joined the raid
xxxx has joined the raid."

Raids are not Guilds.

Edit: actually I see the rank in there now, most likely it's not in the right spot in the packet.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:05:36 pm by demonstar55 » Logged
Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2014, 04:33:47 pm »

Very nice client smooth.

jck169

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2014, 04:43:39 pm »

I am not clear on the run speed issue yet, because I am not sure what you are referring to.  Using SoE and SoW seem to increase run speed fine.  Are the speed clickies you are referring do something other than a run speed buff?  I don't think I have tried bard songs yet for run speed, so maybe that is it?

The run speed is EZ server specific, one of the special clickies gives a 155% speed buff.  Should be somewhere in the server's spell file.

http://www.ezserverwiki.com/Fastest_Travel_(Reward_Item)
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2014, 05:10:02 pm »

Well the easier thing to do would be double the dmg on strike augs and have only 1 slot avail on weapons. HR could be doubled as well.

Or something like that.

Keeze
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2014, 05:26:03 pm »

Doubling augs on EZ isnt an exploit.....or wasnt. Weapons here are set to allow or disallow multiple augs of the same type.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2014, 05:45:05 pm »

Trying to get WinEQ to work with RoF2 / MQ2, MQ2 isn't showing loading for some reason. Wondering if Im missing something. I can load MQ2 w/the client w/out wineq w/out a problems. Not sure whats up.

Keeze
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061