Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 09:41:56 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 12-20-2014 (Rain of Fear 2 Client BETA Launched)  (Read 63973 times)
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2014, 05:47:53 pm »

Well the easier thing to do would be double the dmg on strike augs and have only 1 slot avail on weapons. HR could be doubled as well.

Or something like that.
Yeah double ice and Fire. I think HR could stay the same or you could triple them and make them slot specific but that would probably take work on the armor and not worth the effort.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2014, 06:09:12 pm »

Arbitrarily doubling the damage on fire and ice isn't consistent with the current cost of needing to make two strike 9+  to maximize dps.

Claytin

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2014, 06:43:30 pm »

Rez also isn't working with me. I get the rezzed box but when I click ok nothing happens. Extended target window wasn't populating for me as of a half hour ago but maybe just need to reload. Love the idea of making a and b augs and such, maybe just a free a/b/c piece you can combine with any augs to make it an a/b/c.

Not really a client issue but can we look to fix mobs from going in walls and underground in ToV. They get an erection for my healers.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2014, 06:56:45 pm »

Noticed a few things.

1) Using WinEQ takes so much more CPU than just running boxes independently

2) Main box starts at 75 ms. After first pull of 10 or so jumps to 115. After second pull i hit 375 and start to desync. I have all those previous options enabled I did in UF and doesn't do that in UF. So I dunno

Keeze
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2014, 07:07:44 pm »

Arbitrarily doubling the damage on fire and ice isn't consistent with the current cost of needing to make two strike 9+  to maximize dps.

double all req's and results.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2014, 08:30:02 pm »

RoF2 client desync across all toons now. Swapped over to UF and no issues. Same settings on both setups.

Keeze
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2014, 08:52:47 pm »

RoF2 client desync across all toons now. Swapped over to UF and no issues. Same settings on both setups.

Client desync when you do what?

EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2014, 09:08:34 pm »

Pull more than 5 mobs. Using exact same settings as UF. No issues in uf.

Keeze
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2014, 09:17:21 pm »

I'm sure its frustrating but I'm going to need more detail to work with. Is it a specific zone, a specific subset of mobs?

EZ Server GM
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2014, 11:56:18 pm »

I'm sure its frustrating but I'm going to need more detail to work with. Is it a specific zone, a specific subset of mobs?

I am hoping this is just some bug related to the Extended Targets being messed up.  If the wrong packets were being sent, it might have been causing the client to do something weird and lag worse and worse as you aggro'd more mobs.  Try it again once EZ has the Extended Targets fix in and let us know if you still have the same issue.  If so, I will see if I can reproduce it and figure it out.

I also fixed the guild rank message when zoning/logging in with today's updates.

I am close to having the cursor buffer fixed, but it still needs more work before I can put out the update.

Was able to duplicate the buy now button for aug slot 21.  I am still looking into it, but am guessing it is related to the membership packets.  If I can't figure it out, I bet Secrets can Tongue

I am still not clear on the runspeed issue.  Sounds like a custom spell file, and maybe you didn't update RoF2 with the EZ custom spell file yet?
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2014, 01:08:27 am »

No....if he hadnt updated the spell file on the client....well, pretty much nothing would work. Any real content here is custom, and without the spell file the effects would be.....interesting. Such as, instead of clicking for a group cure, you attempt to port to Crescent reach and end up crashing to desktop Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2014, 01:32:15 am »

Rebooted server.

• Issue with slow not clearing when cured has been resolved, thanks to demonstar55 and Natedog with the help of troubleshooting and fixing
  • Guild Ranks no longer send on zone-in, fixed by both demonstar55 and Trevius
  • RoF: Extended Target Window should be working again thanks to Trevius
  • RoF: Selling to Merchants should be working again thanks to Trevius

EZ Server GM
demonstar55
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2014, 01:35:12 am »

Any desyncs with RoF2 are most likely due to misidentified opcodes or maybe the packets changed. So PLEASE give as much details as you can Tongue
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2014, 06:13:56 am »

Thank the lord! I have stopped logging in for a few weeks because this was such a huge issue to me.  I am so excited to log in and try to play again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2014, 08:51:42 am »

Desync issue fixed ! Thank you !

Rez won't work still though !

Keeze
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats