Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 06:06:28 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 12/27/2014  (Read 18049 times)
greatshadow

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 03:04:06 pm »

Also getting unusually higher pings the last couple days.  Ping is normally at 40 ms but now jumps from 40 - 100.  Also getting client hang ups on zoning between guild instances and raid when i zone all 18 toons.  And last but not least over the last couple days now some toons pings will jump too 2k or more after i zone and it fixes itself if u camp and log back in.  the last time i zoned 1 of 18 client hung and crashed to login screen.

Thanks Xeky
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 03:46:56 pm »

Keeping some reported bugs tracked here.

Augs: Currently 'Any slot' augs are not working, example:

Akka,
Any aug slot augs worked just fine for me today, could not add 2 of the same type of Heroic Resist stone which is a bigger issue for me and is keeping me on UF for the time being. I know you are aware of this, though.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 03:49:10 pm by Warbash » Logged

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 04:16:40 pm »

Also getting unusually higher pings the last couple days.  Ping is normally at 40 ms but now jumps from 40 - 100.  Also getting client hang ups on zoning between guild instances and raid when i zone all 18 toons.  And last but not least over the last couple days now some toons pings will jump too 2k or more after i zone and it fixes itself if u camp and log back in.  the last time i zoned 1 of 18 client hung and crashed to login screen.

Thanks Xeky

Noticed this all day yesterday to the point it was unplayable.

Keeze
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, 06:02:26 pm »

Thanks Xeky

Noticed this all day yesterday to the point it was unplayable.

Same issue with me.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2014, 06:46:20 pm »

Getting unknown error trying to connect to the server. wtf now!

Keeze
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2014, 07:36:20 pm »

I have a good idea what's causing high ping and I will take a look at it tonight.

It's blatent its related to expeditions, more specifically it's related to some task related sync calls that are taking a particularly long time to query, this would happen for each character that is zoning and would happen each time someone's task updates in an expedition and would propogate sync calls to other zones.

This is not necessarily a problem with the expedition code itself but rather underlying API at the source level that is simply taking way too long to process.

I'll do some do some debugging when I get home. Good news is we know what it is.

EZ Server GM
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2014, 07:44:21 pm »

you are all much smarter than I
 Grin

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2014, 07:57:47 pm »

I have a good idea what's causing high ping and I will take a look at it tonight.

It's blatent its related to expeditions, more specifically it's related to some task related sync calls that are taking a particularly long time to query, this would happen for each character that is zoning and would happen each time someone's task updates in an expedition and would propogate sync calls to other zones.

This is not necessarily a problem with the expedition code itself but rather underlying API at the source level that is simply taking way too long to process.

I'll do some do some debugging when I get home. Good news is we know what it is.

Seems that this is a mix of what a lot of people suggested and/or experienced sooo odds are this is prob it =) thanks Akk
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2014, 01:33:25 pm »

Not sure if this has been stated but, since the update this morning i can no longer put heroic resist augs into my t5 gear on my intellect casters.  I tried to see if it was a problem on the other classes and it is not.  So far my necro and enchanter can not add augs to thier t5 gear.  It gives you a message saying "the item does not meat the augment restrictions".  I tried to see if i could insert these augs in the UF client and i was able to do it.  I do not know if this is happening to other tier intellect gear.  This problem is not happening on your non set armor.  Belts,face etc. still can be slotted

This issue should now be resolved in the latest source code updates (not on EZ yet).

Experienced the looting bug. Tried to loot on one toon and item wouldn't loot. Second toon wasn't able till I camped 1st toon out then same issue. Had to swap to UF to get loot.

We are aware of this issue and still investigating.  I am sure it is related to slot conversions from old system to the new clients.

We are also still looking into the buy now button issue for aug slot type 21.

Again, here is the thread on EQEmu where we are tracking all remaining issues and which are resolved:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39092
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2014, 03:23:41 pm »

I am seeing something weird today.....never really used to have an issue with this (except on Arch Magus) but today seems that EVERY boss is summoning me all over T6. Never used to happen....now its almost every pull unless I kill every damage shield. Wasnt an issue Saturday, is today (didnt really play Sunday).

Guildie, BTW, was claiming he was seeing something similar in ToV.

Thanks!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2014, 11:59:38 pm »

I am seeing something weird today.....never really used to have an issue with this (except on Arch Magus) but today seems that EVERY boss is summoning me all over T6. Never used to happen....now its almost every pull unless I kill every damage shield. Wasnt an issue Saturday, is today (didnt really play Sunday).

Guildie, BTW, was claiming he was seeing something similar in ToV.

Thanks!

I noticed it once my UW got to a high level. It would then riposte, and the mobs would summon because they took damage. Maybe you can try removing your weapons for pulls and see if that helps. If you haven't tried that already or already do that.

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2014, 12:22:13 am »

Expeditions are disabled until I can finish up fixing them, I had everything working before update and have not had time today to sit down back at it again, but I will here shortly.

EZ Server GM
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2014, 12:40:37 am »

We are also still looking into the buy now button issue for aug slot type 21.

The "Buy Now" button issue on aug type 21 slots has now been resolved in the latest source code.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2014, 02:00:26 am »

<nods> Its happening more than it has been, though, and I havent had any upgrades since.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2014, 05:02:42 pm »

And confirmed today, getting summoned without damaging the mob.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)