Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:24:40 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: epic graphic  (Read 5738 times)
trendkiller

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2010, 08:34:40 pm »

Am I the only one that thinks SK epic 2.0 , 2.5 looks BETTER than the big hunky 3.0 sword of gondor?
lol

Anyhow, doing research and running other toons through to 3.0 and soloing, grouping...i find that the SK 3.0 needs a bit more Horsepower. Im thinking either lower the delay or increase the Proc effect to about 8-9k. Maybe even adding or switching out power for a AE effect to help with aggro as well. I would lean on the keeping it 6k damage and adding AE effect or even lowering the damage/tap to 4-5k but adding the AE effect for the trade off of DPS loss.

thoughts?

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 10:16:03 pm »

Although I agree that I prefer the 2.0 to the 3.0, I feel like the 3.0 at least offers some 'beastly' effect to it. By this I mean, I always imagine the Shadowknights(And sometimes paladins but not as much) carrying a nice hefty 2hander, just not this one in particular, but hey, maybe that's just me.

At least it's not like a large majority of the classes where they have to stare at the same graphic since the 1.5, spare a bit of sparkle effect added by the 2.0 or 2.5. I do wish all the 3.0's had a very unique and powerful look to them, or even the aug mask's if possible to add even more diversity. Again though, just my feelings on the graphics, I like shiny things Smiley

As for the proc, I don't think increasing the damage would branch out too well as the proc is a lifetap, so if you increase that, then you increase the amount you're being healed for, which in turn gets a boost from crits, and exceptional heals, or the rare time both, and then also Oracle charms already boost the healing part of the tap, and so on and so fourth. I'm already doing exceptional heals for almost 2x my max hp with an Oracle 11, so it would just seem like overpowered heals going off.

I think that using dread gaze is totally fine as is for AE hate, I haven't had any issues with it thus far, and I believe that going into AE damage is just putting us into the level of the warriors too much and also weakening our tanking abilities too much if there is only 1 mob. (Depending on how much the damage would be lowered)

In my perfect little world I would like to see a major redo of the knight classes (As well as berzerker) by giving them the BIGGEST, sexiest beast of a blade,axe,hammer, make it 2hander only(putting use to those AA's we have), give it a beastly damage, say... melee critting for 10k rather than the 2.5kish we hit now, but also giving them a pretty heavy delay. That way there is a chance that you can pull off a sudden beastly quad, but chances are with how the minimum damage is, you'll only be seeing maybe 15k total per RoC. Then since it's slower than all the other classes, you won't be out DPS'ing the real DPS classes, yet still able to get decent damage over the course of the fight...

Okay starting to think too much and getting out of hand lol, but just my input, can probably skip the "perfect world" part Tongue
But in my eyes I see warriors being the tank up front, while the SK's and pally's are there to grab adds and the such and would be able to actually drop them rather than being a sub-tank to take a group of adds and wait for the ranger to switch to the adds while you stand there doing some chip damage.

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 11:35:21 pm »

I always imagine Paladins in particular heavily heavily armored with a huge shield and either a large maul or sword as well

Duhh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 01:38:08 am »

I always imagine Paladins in particular heavily heavily armored with a huge shield and either a large maul or sword as well

I like the sounds of heavily heavily armor, sounds quite robust Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061