Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 11:31:16 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Hypothetical: SLS Revamp?  (Read 22020 times)
Phah

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2015, 11:04:50 pm »

As context: I'm just barely not finished with T4 (I think I need like 5 more armor molds and I'm done).

IF we are going to see SLS be purchasable, I'd love to see it be with some currency that isn't plat (e.g. berries). Unlike many people here, I enjoyed the Dranik mini (the only one I'm geared enough to run, even then I stupidly wipe half the time), and if that was how to farm SLS I'd be happy to do it. Maybe make it purchasable with plat too (for like 1mil plat or something ridiculous), but I like the berries idea. Why? For lower-tier players like me, there really isn't anything to spend berries on yet, and plat is a limiting factor for strikes. I mean, I guess I could farm up a UW1, and then get hatestomp because why not, I just wanted to spend my berries... but... I'd rather not do that. But I digress.

What is the typical response to needing plat? Go farm SLS & sell them, or else do TOFS (plat AND resists, bonus!). But TOFS instances cost a lot (sorry, haven't donated for Free Waypoint thingymabob yet, and I don't usually like doing pub especially if there's other people in there), so its actually faster to farm plat in HOH, which is fine cuz I need more tokens for more T4 pops anyway, but the money still feels kinda slow. Not complaining, the grind is fun, but it takes me time to clear the zone, and I honestly don't want to repop the instance anyway cuz thats money I could be saving for strikes. (Of course, if we 'revisited' TOFS instance costs that'd be really neat Cheesy )

On the topic of having SLS be global drops like GSOA, well, it won't be enough for newer players if the normal farming mechanism gets removed. I've had 1 GSOA and about 10-12 rainbows my entire time on the server. I tentatively love the concept of having a wisp boss, either one boss per tier (with scaling SLS drop %chance) or a single boss that scales to your party (probably still with scaling %chance). The only reason I'm tentative here is that it really depends on where it would show up. Would it be a random mini-boss pop like the T1/2 mini-bosses? Would you need to farm something like wisp-tokens to spawn him?

As far as essences go, I got probably 30-40 from each progression tier before T4, just gearing up my party. T4 has been a little bit stingier, but I've still had probably 20ish, and will probably get a few more before I'm done with my armor.

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2015, 11:39:41 pm »

just a thought...
 SLS being No Trade = Every Toon must be Casters Guild flagged

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2015, 11:44:40 pm »

just a thought...
 SLS being No Trade = Every Toon must be Casters Guild flagged

only to make the very first strike aug..after that you can make them anywhere

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2015, 11:59:43 pm »

Ok, Watch...got it. You posting your thoughts here is because you care so much about the community and you just want to make it better......but me posting my thoughts here is because I'm a selfish asshole and want my own way, and damn everyone else.

Thanks for clarifying that.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
ZerarWarrior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2015, 03:32:00 am »

Fragmented thoughts on sls for me.

1. Making sls buyable with berries sounds great to me. Give me something useful to buy with berries on toons that dont have a uw and already have a uc. I like it as long as it is not the sole outlet for them.

2. Making them drop from bosses... outstanding idea. Gives me a chance to get something viable from a zone that i am likely only in to farm uc2 or 3 stuff in or armor for a couple bench toons.

3. A scaling zone to farm sls, rainbow shards and gsoas even with an exp penalty... love it. Gives me an alternate zone to xp in and farm something useful when i am burnt out on other grinds.

4. Removing jp and other lowbie zones from dropping sls components... PLEASE.

5. Reducing the sls component needs on strikes etc... PLEASE.

6. I think this system needs a revamping for sure. Thank tou for taking the time to poll the community and hear us out.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2015, 05:26:59 am »

I do care about the server... so let me dumb this down a bit for you...

Sls are the most important item in the game it's used in everything... by hates suggestion we might see a huge reduction in the need for them along with with way they are obtained... this will effectively change their value maybe even making them close to worthless.. the 2nd most important are essences ... what you are suggesting is hey while we alter the most important item on the server let's completely remove the need for the 2nd most important item...

If the drastic overhaul that you suggest would go into effect the thousands of essences on the server would essentially become worthless... so you tell me how that helps the server... it's to late for that change dude...

So people will dump them off for extremely cheap just like sls will become and now we have no need for them or sls leaving the only viable options for trade is poop and gsoa... and that's it...

Hate I implore you not to change the amount of sls required or making them super super easy to obtain... the idea of a sls farm zone.that is level dependent seems like a great idea... or put ancient.wisp back in jagged and make it non kos
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2015, 07:48:50 am »

Could add them to a vendor for 250k in the Crafter's guild.

Could add an item on the Berry Vendor for whatever you were going to charge for them that vendors for 250k.  Box of Jewels etc.

Make SLS No Trade.

Can farm plat how you see fit, could have a use for berries to gain plat for new folks and old.

Another idea that fits the random loot etc.

I would like to see a world drop that would spawn a scaled boss.  Maybe use the T4 zone for the handin and boss fight upstairs.

Or a random CT like event that randomly spawns off any mob in any zone.

3 tiers  -Qvic level mob drops 1 SLS
            -T4 ish level drops 2
            -T7 ish level drops 4

There is a thrill to having something randomly happen.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2015, 08:09:47 am »

what you are suggesting is hey while we alter the most important item on the server let's completely remove the need for the 2nd most important item...

And, again, you need to actually read, Watch. I didnt suggest that at all. What I suggested was removing using essences for UW. They'd still be used for strikes, SoA, necks. What I am suggesting is making it one hell of a lot harder to be able to buy your UW. I am suggesting finding ways to 1) limit bots and 2) control how easy it is to get a UW. What I am saying is that having UW use the same resource as these other, highly necessary items to throttle rarity of what was supposed to be an optional item is silly, and self defeating.

As for the fiscal argument, well, what did we use for currency before UW? It was plat, wasnt it? Pretty sure we could again.

Botting is rampant. We have a whole %&@#& generation of EZ who have virtually no clue how to do JACK because they've bought their way to T8 (yes, using SLS and essences). UW drives a HUGE part of that botting. It needs to change, and across the board.

And, again, you seem to think I dont care about the server other than for my own selfish reasons. And again, you show how narrow and short you are in vision. I've played literally dozens of MMO's, and watched most of them die (pun intended). Why? Because content became trivial, easy, boring....to the point that even new content was conquered in a week or two after launch. I've seen this TIME and again. And your claims aside, I've seen FAR FAR more accomplished, competent, DECENT people leave EZ because they were bored to tears...because content was pathetically easy (T8 and T9 since the nerfs come to mind). This needs to change. CHALLENGE will keep players around, whether people want to admit it or not. The hard part is balancing difficulty, and this isnt easy....and IMO this is why admin here relies so much on community input.

Which is what we're doing here. Unbunch your panties and get out of the "you disagree with me so you're... an idiot...mean....selfish....wrong"....whatever. Hate asked for input, we're supplying it. Keep it civil or shaddap.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2015, 08:28:16 am »

If you read I say content it is way from people QQ that it was to hard and hate bent over because of the complaints... what I'm saying if you actually read my post is that we have 2 player types for the most part...New and old...old is pretty darn close to max so changing the uw.does nothing but screw the new players... that's what I'm saying..New players are the life of the economy.. If you don't realize that then you don't really play... I've played many mmorpg games as well... You with all your vast knowledge should know after a point you can't change systems without full utter revamp...which tends to lose population... but hey you know everything about everything... My real point is that every suggestion thread all you do is bitch about something typically unrelated...If you don't believe me go back and read your posts... uw wasn't the point here sls was...If you have suggestions make your own damn post about it instead of inserting your bitch into everyone's other suggestion thread... and there is a much simpler way to fix the rarity of uw... but at this most as most agree it's required...so you make the next rank fix it and allow people who are coming up the chance to progress at a reasonable rate...it still takes over a year to reach/obtain end game of a hardcore player... Just because you are advanced doesn't mean you speak for the lower end of the server
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2015, 09:25:44 am »

And again, another thread degenerating into a pissing match. Locking thread.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081