Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 05:31:21 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Upcoming Caster Changes (1-30-15)  (Read 44946 times)
Peign
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2015, 03:17:53 pm »

A way to solve the waste of the first skin cast on druid is if they would take away all mobs doing ranged dps during a pull! It's ridiculous to pull all melee mobs and get ganked in my pull because they magically have arrows that can't be ripod since my back is to them in the pull. If they remove that annoying factor, that's one cast of Druid skin you save for the actual pull itself to the group.

I assume you are referring to T7?   This was implemented to stop certain players from pulling the whole zone due to a bug in the war bp.    This was implemented back when T7 was max tier.    The mob speed was drastically increased too.    Probably could be reset since the bug was removed and it is now a farm tier.   /shrug
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2015, 03:50:59 pm »

I wouldn't mind seeing that change if drake is going to change a little bit.
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2015, 03:52:30 pm »

Debuff method works as a nerf, but makes a druid useless.  Cooldown with no debuff is chainable.  Hit method is nerf while still making a druid worth keeping around (depending on if the hit # allows for bigger trains than without it).
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2015, 04:00:06 pm »

T7 Is tough on some pulls w/o drake on tier due to the speed and range thing.
gagem

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2015, 07:28:04 pm »

...Realistically, with the debuff method, I could ignore the cooldown changes and simply set a 60s debuff to prevent players from chaining it. Hmm, neato.

-Hate

Was thinking more of 30s lockout debuff, 30 up 30 down, but an ENFORCED 30s down, where other effects have to be juggled to keep the tank up...  And as for the buff spot, the great buff consolidation from before has helped this a ton, less of an issue now.
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2015, 03:55:57 am »

Thumbs up for most of these proposed changes except not sure why ancestral honor has to go down I would just bump crab a little more maybe 50/100 or something.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 03:58:43 am by warrior5 » Logged

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2015, 05:47:56 am »

I would think you could keep the original proposed changes if you:

A. got rid of all mob magical arrows on pulling
B. toned mob speed down to T9 mob speed in the other tiers (T7 esp, but T6 and T8 as well)

this would allow you to never need to use drake as a pulling strat, just as a "keep me up for 30/45seconds of the pull hitting the tank at the point of kill" that way the clerics/shamans/paladins could start their healing rotations to keep the tank up.

AOE and straight DPS kills most of the crowd down pretty fast once your tank is back to the kill area, decreasing the need for massive healing. Also once your crew gets going they keep the tank up, especially the paladin swinging the sword.

in that scenario you would pull to what your tank's hps would allow, run back to your group and hit drake once to "cover" you and allow a small window to allow your paladin's heals, cleric hotkey heals to keep you up while you burn down the crowd. Therefore, you wouldn't need this a constant drake, thus the intended intent.

Drake could go back to being a sort of "oh shit" type heal, in this case your "oh shit" moment would be the moment the train hits your tank from the pull. once that "oh shit" moment wears off your crew is taking care of the train.

troxeler

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2015, 06:18:27 am »

So here is the thread where this line of spells was implemented http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2835.0
dated april 2012.

Skin of Drake I,II,III on this list

This line of spells has remained the exact same for what? almost three years? and now its OP three years later after lots of people have used this spell to get to t9 plus grind hundreds of hours essence farming for UW's, and now its OP? I don't get it, why now?
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2015, 06:54:33 am »

So here is the thread where this line of spells was implemented http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2835.0
dated april 2012.

This line of spells has remained the exact same for what? almost three years? and now its OP three years later after lots of people have used this spell to get to t9 plus grind hundreds of hours essence farming for UW's, and now its OP? I don't get it, why now?

It's been changed multiple times in that time frame there bud, good try though.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2015, 07:29:29 am »

B. toned mob speed down to T9 mob speed in the other tiers (T7 esp, but T6 and T8 as well)

this would allow you to never need to use drake as a pulling strat, just as a "keep me up for 30/45seconds of the pull hitting the tank at the point of kill" that way the clerics/shamans/paladins could start their healing rotations to keep the tank up.

AOE and straight DPS kills most of the crowd down pretty fast once your tank is back to the kill area, decreasing the need for massive healing. Also once your crew gets going they keep the tank up, especially the paladin swinging the sword.

in that scenario you would pull to what your tank's hps would allow, run back to your group and hit drake once to "cover" you and allow a small window to allow your paladin's heals, cleric hotkey heals to keep you up while you burn down the crowd. Therefore, you wouldn't need this a constant drake, thus the intended intent.

Drake could go back to being a sort of "oh shit" type heal, in this case your "oh shit" moment would be the moment the train hits your tank from the pull. once that "oh shit" moment wears off your crew is taking care of the train.

I think this offers the most balance, as someone currently on t7 and wondering how some pulls will go post change.
troxeler

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2015, 08:16:45 am »

Insert Quote
Quote from: troxeler on Today at 06:18:27 AM
dated april 2012.

It's been changed multiple times in that time frame there bud, good try though.

Well i haven't seen any post about the change to this particular spell, and i did make the assumption that it has remained the same the entire time.

Let me be more constructive.  As someone who logged into EZ after doing hours of research on forums, wiki, etc etc, i created a 12 man around the fact that this spell Skin of Drake was integral into my decision to run with a druid pal in my main group with tank and a cleric in my 2nd group for making sure they stay alive.  I use skin to pull and then when i get back with my pull again to stay alive for enough time to let my other heals, pally proc, Crab two shoes or druid BoN heal and druid regen help keep my warrior up.  I am not the type to sit in nexus /auction wtb gear, because i enjoy playing through the content, so i've been going tier to tier without overpowered gear, except for what was given to me early on by a very helpful person.  Even with the 30 sec cool down, which seems like too long sometimes, i still wipe my raid if i get to greedy on my pulls or rallos zek forbid i get a fizzle with my druid.  Drake helps me to survive the initial incoming before i can get my group engaged, but because my toons are geared for the content they are fighting in it sometimes takes me longer than 30 sec to get them all dead. after which waiting 90 sec seems like long time to wait before i can recast to make my pull again.  So yeah if this were the case then i would run smaller pulls but take me longer to clear a zone.  I have the max run speed reward item from credits and still have to strafe run to keep from getting beat on so much on big pulls of lower tier stuff, example hohonora, and even then one well timed stun will wipe me.  However, the excitement of getting back to my group alive and not have druid fizzle on drake  is what separates this server from other servers in the eqemu family. Pulling large trains of mobs on myself and watching them go down like flies because i put the right effort into building my team is just an awesome experience.

If the change is something that is going to happen regardless of what i and others are commenting on then i think Rent has nailed it pretty well. Although i'm just getting through t5 and not sure of run speeds in further tiers are like.

For some reason when i click insert quote from the original poster nothing happens, so i have ctrl c'd and ctrl v'd the quotes from others. I'm new to the forum and still figuring it all out. Thank you for your patience.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2015, 09:32:10 am »

skin should not have been used as a "oh well i can pull bigger trains with this and be lazy" type device in the first place.... l2p in short.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2015, 11:54:01 am »

skin should not have been used as a "oh well i can pull bigger trains with this and be lazy" type device in the first place.... l2p in short.

Intention or not, that's how it is used at least in "farm" content.
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2015, 12:25:31 pm »

Shall we define learn to play?  "Using every tool available to Progress as efficiently as possible".   Dumb ass comment.  I assure you, everyone T9 that had a druid Knew how to use that tool.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 12:27:23 pm by clbreastmilk » Logged
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2015, 02:06:19 pm »

I never used skin to pull massive trains. Always did it one small chunk at a time. Felt wrong to do anything else honestly - and risky - I hate having to rez.

Probably won't even notice this change, although I wish it was 60s instead of 90s recast as it will likely create unnecessary downtime between pulls. If someone is willing to rank and run 2 druids let them be rewarded for that. I'd hate to see folks running around with 3 druids... that's just silly.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 02:10:50 pm by warrior5 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 83
  • Online Ever: 8678