Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 01:54:17 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Upcoming Caster Changes (1-30-15)  (Read 45003 times)
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2015, 12:23:18 pm »

Updated original post. Added clarifications on paladin heal reduction. Added missing new spells, Exorcise Evil and Exorcise en Masse.

Digz, no it will not because I separated the proc for lag reasons. I created a clone of the Heavenly Fire for the Mistress that has no particle effect. They will NOT be scaled up as it would effectively turn a berserker with Mistress into highest AoE DPS possible. Add UW2h and damn near best DPS class possible. As for Tower of Vie, yes it is a situational goodness but shouldn't have 100% uptime and doesn't make the tank literally invulnerable by itself for nearly 30 seconds at a time.

-Hate

yeah i agree with the mistress deal, its already super good. Honestly, ive never used a druid so im not familiar with the cooldown and duration of the spell so i guess i cant compare those, just the effect. Yeah drake is still way better then vie especially if you're actually using it for standing in 1 spot tanking instead of pulling but in any situation where i would use vie i couldn't see myself saying "i wish i had drake instead". Uptime isnt that bad, 30sec uptime with 60 seconds down still allows you to have it for the important moments of a fight, its just not 100% like you said.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:26:35 pm by Digz » Logged
Peign
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2015, 12:29:35 pm »

Updated original post. Added clarifications on paladin heal reduction. Added missing new spells, Exorcise Evil and Exorcise en Masse.

Peign, what I meant was I removed them from the list and they will NOT go live.

-Hate

thank you for the clarification, my reading comprehension is teh suq when I'm gaming.     Very nice changes to the cleric.     I'm not a one trick pony healer, just use the tools that are available to maximize KPH.

Nice aoe dps changes and cleric changes, thanks for that.     
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2015, 01:02:17 pm »

Lol these changes get better a better. Everyone roll a cleric over your paladins, it's the healer of the month.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2015, 01:24:13 pm »

Dimur, I'm aware of that. If some one is juggling the cooldown across three druids, what is the difference from juggling a near full HP heal across three clerics?

Would you ladies/gents/trolls rather have a number of hits to throttle it versus a longer cooldown and healing reduction? If so, I'm all for it. I'm just trying to remove the invulnerability that comes with it's use right now. I am trying to keep this thread open because I WANT feedback and would like to see how others would handle these.

I'm not ignoring or refusing help, I'm begging for it via threads like these.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2015, 01:35:13 pm »

Dimur's idea looks real solid out of the idea's proposed for Drake.  It takes away the invuln but still lets the druid have some use.  Increasing train size is highly desirable in an environment where farming things can take months.  Numbers can be played around with but what exactly are we shooting for?  Clearing an entire zone in one pull maybe not, but a large train?  Sure.

Set it and forget it healing is still the preferred method unless someone has server stats to prove otherwise.  I don't think many people are going to find train size increases from timing 3 full heal clicks on 3 clerics.  Once the train reaches a certain size (mileage varies depending on a shit ton of variables) your war will get one rounded from full to 0.  This is the point where drake should come in and perhaps what it's original intention was?  Drake dropping off after # hits will give you Some increase, making it still useful. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:41:54 pm by clbreastmilk » Logged
Peign
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2015, 01:46:03 pm »

Dimur, I'm aware of that. If some one is juggling the cooldown across three druids, what is the difference from juggling a near full HP heal across three clerics?

Would you ladies/gents/trolls rather have a number of hits to throttle it versus a longer cooldown and healing reduction? If so, I'm all for it. I'm just trying to remove the invulnerability that comes with it's use right now. I am trying to keep this thread open because I WANT feedback and would like to see how others would handle these.

I'm not ignoring or refusing help, I'm begging for it via threads like these.

-Hate

60 second recast, keep the rest of your changes the same.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2015, 02:01:53 pm »

I am of the mind of just letting these changes happen and then providing feedback with actual experience to correct....we are offering corrections to corrections that have not been corrected yet...(that's right? right?)

I have plenty of t7/8/9 clerics druids bards paladins wizzys chanters just waiting in the wings for it to be their day..

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2015, 02:02:25 pm »

^ This still lets players with multiple druids (cough) stay immune.  This will become a staple if this is allowed.  Please consider the hit mechanic or other alternatives.
gagem

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2015, 02:12:47 pm »

^ This still lets players with multiple druids (cough) stay immune.  This will become a staple if this is allowed.  Please consider the hit mechanic or other alternatives.

With this in mind (and I honestly don't know if it is possible or not) would it not be better to include a re-course effect to the skin buff that locks out the use of skin on that target for 30 seconds?  So regardless of how many druids you have, your tank will not be able to keep skin up back to back to back.  If you have the DPS to get the pull down to manageable hits by the time it wears off you live, if not you die.  Will not greatly change zone you have on "farm" but if not having an invul tank in progression is the point then maybe this is doable?

You asked for ideas... that's the best "rebalance" I can think of Smiley
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2015, 02:13:14 pm »

The problem I see with the hit thing is what are you using drake for? or should I say what do you want to use drake for?

I use it for pulling really deep in the zone and making back to my group alive...then the first 30-45 seconds of that incoming train for slaying.

You don't gain much if any aggro on your healer and sometimes large trains kind of trickle in...(T9) and with traditional healing they go right for the healers and that can be bad.

With the hit thing am I going to run out of drake 20 seconds into a pull? and run back to my group low on life and still be 60 seconds from any other kind of reactive heal? this seems like it would be bad for the HP....

So we skip it on the pull because of the recast and now we are pulling fewer mobs (not such a big deal in t9 but maybe t8 is a problem) and we come back and launch drake..smaller train because we cant go as long on the pull...drake probably is just fine for this.

forgive me if I am thinking as I am typing I do this allot.

So smaller trains ...more pulls...more time. I am not sure That I can pull a train in t8 without a druid that I cant kill without the reactive proc anyway... I was playing around yesterday and cleared it with only 2 or 3 additional pulls( no more pulling the big ass circle all at once.../shrug) with no druid at all only using my paladin for heals...

so I guess for those of us at or near the end its going to slow us down some... but not that big of deal...

I am more curious about those coming up now? what is the effect going to be? if you only have 12 or 6 slots in your party do you still chose a druid? does the cleric make more sense? do you have to run 2 full time healers now per group and just have lower over all dps? love to have people chime in once this goes live with actual feedback!

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 02:30:25 pm »

A way to solve the waste of the first skin cast on druid is if they would take away all mobs doing ranged dps during a pull! It's ridiculous to pull all melee mobs and get ganked in my pull because they magically have arrows that can't be ripod since my back is to them in the pull. If they remove that annoying factor, that's one cast of Druid skin you save for the actual pull itself to the group.
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2015, 02:44:26 pm »

^ This is not a factor in every tier (afaik).
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2015, 02:58:27 pm »

So we have a potential debuff to block it, a shorter cooldown (but largely the same as the original post), or number of hits.

Debuff Method:
Pro: I could see keeping a short cooldown as it's still throttled by the debuff in place.
Con: Debuff takes another buff slot.

Shorter Cooldown:
Pro: It's still useful and does what is intended (healing buff for pulls or during enrage).
Con: It can be chained for perma-invulnerability with multiple druids.

Hit Cap:
Pro: Is limited by the number of hits to prevent it from last too long.
Con: Can still be chained for perma-invulnerability and/or could wear off mid pull, potentially wiping tank/group.

All good ideas. Keep it going. Realistically, with the debuff method, I could ignore the cooldown changes and simply set a 60s debuff to prevent players from chaining it. Hmm, neato.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Peign
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2015, 03:05:26 pm »

Good summary.   Something to consider, chaining heals has been a key component of EQ since its inception.   CH rotation in essence made a tank immortal.    The objective of any healing strat is make your tank immortal   Smiley

oh, and SK pbaoe should be 150k and be zone wide, kk tks
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2015, 03:13:58 pm »

Or just remove drake from the game and say figure it out, which in a round about way you are doing.... making it obsolete.

Keeze
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678