Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 12:28:35 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Keys to avoiding Nerfs  (Read 19400 times)
Peign
« on: January 31, 2015, 10:26:58 am »

There are 3 core keys to avoiding nerfs on this server.     

First, never tell Chunka anything.   Once Chunka learns of a strategy he will inform the whole server.   As we all know, once the server knows then a nerf will soon follow.   This rule cannot be stressed enough, it is like not feeding gremlins after midnight.   It is paramount that Chunka always be kept in the dark.

Second, if OH8 is ever in your instance, play like a nublet.   Make the game seem really hard.  Intentionally mess up, wipe if you have to.   This rule is tough as some of us have an epeen so big you can see the bulge through our plate mail.

Third, and unfortunately this is a bit out of our control, keep Fugi from maxing out.   Fugi is a good player and has a knack for finding the easy path to end game.    The thing is,  his ego is the size of his epeen and he wants to be the man.   That being said, he will use the tools he has identified to get him to end game.    Once done, he will inform OH8 that said tools need a nerf.    In this respect he is like Wormtongue sitting at the side of the King of Rohan feeding him verbal spew that will make the server suffer.

There you have it, 3 keys to avoiding nerfs on EZ.

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 10:30:02 am »

Best read on these forums in weeks. <3
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 11:42:57 am »

Denzig <STONE>
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 12:19:07 pm »

LoL

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 01:09:33 pm »

All of that is bunk...the way to keep from getting nerfs is simple...just STFU and don't say anything about anything.  Several posts back people were saying clerics were needing love...look at the changes!  Like them?  Love them?  I hope so!  You are welcome, carry on!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 01:13:20 pm »

All of that is bunk...the way to keep from getting nerfs is simple...just STFU and don't say anything about anything.  Several posts back people were saying clerics were needing love...look at the changes!  Like them?  Love them?  I hope so!  You are welcome, carry on!

Yeah, things need to get quieter on the server about things here and there to avoid these nerfs. If no one talks, no one knows and we all get to live in a nerf free land
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 01:21:44 pm »

Yep. Just keep quiet, never share anything, abuse it for months, then have it cut out from under you with no warning. Or just say "Hey, I'm invincible with New Spell X. Maybe it's...too strong?", but whatever. :-P

Carry on with your QQ.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 03:28:16 pm »

Carry on with your QQ.

At no time was I QQ'ing...was stating fact. But hey if you like being a dickhead...go ahead and be a dick. Roll Eyes

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 03:54:25 pm »

Carry on with your QQ.

At no time was I QQ'ing...was stating fact. But hey if you like being a dickhead...go ahead and be a dick. Roll Eyes

You're publicly saying you shouldn't say things need fixing that need fixing in things like... The broken stuff repair shop? Just so OP things can stay op longer? And get offended when the volunteer developer of the game calls it out for QQ?

You and Maslow are delusional.

How about we say things are broken or need adjustment in the threads specifically named for broken things. Then put on our big boy pants if or when they get adjusted.

Flame me.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 03:58:41 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 04:15:22 pm »

Carry on with your QQ.

Lol people indirectly insult or mock me....yet I joke back and butthurt appears.

A wild thread appears!
Hateborne uses JOKE.
It's super effective!
A wild thread derailed.
Hateborne earns 400xp.

-Hate
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 05:47:10 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 06:58:58 pm »

Yes, because everything I learned about EZ and EQ I learned from Peign.

Oh, nos, my secret is out.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 09:13:45 pm »

I think you should make a new weapon for chunka called "nerf stick " every time he swings something gets nerfed
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 09:50:23 pm »

You're simultaneously giving Chunka too little and too much credit. He's not the reason Hate made adjustments... Hate doesn't just sit around waiting for Chunka to give advice before he weilds nerfbat. At the same time... This Chunka bashing post is made (mostly) by people that have in no tangible way positively contributed to the server. Chunka on the other hand is probably the most involved non-dev doing his best to make a positive impact on the server.

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 11:11:47 pm »

You guys might just be worried about something thats not a big deal, we all know drake made us invincible, we all didnt tell because we didnt feel like we would be listened to or treated fair in terms of how it can be modified , now give it a chance, see how it works, and see if we end up being listened to and treated fair. that shit might be fun but i do love blaming fugitive for things so i dont care either way.

Krinkle Sprinkle
garfield101

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 07:56:27 am »

I'm pretty new to Ezserver so my opinion doesn't and shouldn't mean much. But blaming someone for a nerf is a bit silly when the game is still evolving.  Meaning whatever is nerfed now will still be nerfed when next tier comes live effectively slowing down how everyone will progress, Not just the ones ahead of you. If they wanted to nerf progression speeds of certain tiered people they would need drop rates nerfed to slow them down not a buff line nerfed where to reactively counter the measure you have smaller faster pulls or add another zerker for ae dps. But im happy being a noob it pays the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 299
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)