Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:22:17 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Call of The Comapnions ( Reward Item )  (Read 17251 times)
Ugazel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 02:04:35 pm »

Yea tho I agree it would be nice to have do the raid a item that only costs 25 credits should not summon the whole raid I know several people that have 2 or 3 of these items I have two myself and just created a hotkey with my 2 toons that have the fast clicky to cast it at the same time
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 02:44:40 pm »

How many more fucking training wheels does EZ Server need??

For real...

Ever think some players might not want to summon the whole raid? It's  this me me me me how can I improve this game for me me attitudes that has been over catered to lately. Sometimes the answer is not going to be what you like, nor does HB or Akka or whoever is wearing the GM hat need to explain why the game mechanics are like this or that..
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 03:01:21 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Castaway

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 02:46:01 pm »

Yea tho I agree it would be nice to have do the raid a item that only costs 25 credits should not summon the whole raid I know several people that have 2 or 3 of these items I have two myself and just created a hotkey with my 2 toons that have the fast clicky to cast it at the same time

Ok and I agree it is a very nice item( bought it the day it came out ) already as is like I stated in my first post so I will sum this up since you missed it already. Not everyone has 100s of dollars to spend on this server, okay that was put wrong, correct way to put that is donate one-hundreds of dollars for a more comfortable game play. I'm not saying hate has to do anything I was simply asking if this has been looked at and if it has or hasn't been brought up we can look at pros and cons and see if it may be reworked into something more subtle.
Peign
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 02:59:18 pm »

Hey yo

If this is even considered, it should be a new item.  Please  leave existing items alone.

Are donations open?
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 09:12:03 pm »

Castaway's Quote:
Edit: Just looking for more voice of why or why should hate not edit this item give solid detail

Could you give more solid detail for your reasons other than the 1 min max time to use the item on your raid?  Maybe then people could understand the request other than reading ME ME ME approach that this came across as.

Anyway my 2 cents ... Not broken,  I like the control of who and when I coth my raid and it should be a new item, not a remake of an awesome item.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 10:22:05 pm »

Simply making the item targetable would not be op...would be nice .... and would not ruin anyones day....even better since the inc changes!

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 10:41:43 pm »

Simply making the item targetable would not be op...would be nice .... and would not ruin anyones day....even better since the inc changes!

I could update it to use a scripted check to summon players only in caster's raid (or group if not raised). Would that be more beneficial?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
gagem

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2015, 12:16:38 am »

That's the easy answer... If you want one per group, then get one per group.  I have 2, same reason.   As for the "why not", if you have (for example) a monk or SK FD away from raid to keep instance open during wipes, or for handing in tokens etc; it's nice to have them in the raid to get AA's but you don't want them summoned.  It's a donation item with a reasonable cost and usable effect.  Having a new summon raid item for a higher cost would be interesting, and I would pick one up if it were available.
zymral

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2015, 01:19:19 am »

I will be honest i have 5 of these across my toons so i could get the effect you are talking about right here.
Castaway

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2015, 01:37:22 am »

Castaway's Quote:
Edit: Just looking for more voice of why or why should hate not edit this item give solid detail

Could you give more solid detail for your reasons other than the 1 min max time to use the item on your raid?  Maybe then people could understand the request other than reading ME ME ME approach that this came across as.

Anyway my 2 cents ... Not broken,  I like the control of who and when I coth my raid and it should be a new item, not a remake of an awesome item.

Okay, and that's all I asked for was persons opinions on this and as to how all you see is, " me me me " yeah you're obviously having a bad nail day
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2015, 01:42:09 am »

I think you're missing the point, the people are saying it's working as intended and how it has since it was implemented...just because that doesn't conform to how you'd like it to work doesn't mean everyone is somehow conspiring against you.  It's totally cool to ask for an item to be reviewed, but when you ask people to offer their opinions on the matter and they don't jump on board with you, it doesn't mean that you should completely dismiss their opinions because they don't share yours.

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2015, 07:08:24 am »

I could update it to use a scripted check to summon players only in caster's raid (or group if not raised). Would that be more beneficial?

-Hate

I think the majority are against summoning the raid based on most of these responses.   It would be cool if you could summon a player outside your group.  Like a 2nd or 3rd CoH person.

I have 1 for each group.  One on Dinadas and one on Kiyew.  If I could summon Kiyew to where Dinadas is, and then group summon with him or vice versa.  That would be neat, and potentially not breaking the other scenarios posted by folks, like FD character at safe spot etc, of summoning a whole raid in one click.

I'm not saying it's hard to /stick Kiyew on Dinadas and then summon both in most zones, but I would probably uses this functionality in a few zones. T6 comes to mind, maybe t7 for jumping around boss chains, etc.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2015, 07:45:28 am »

Making it a target check would work...

Pros can target person in other group summon whole group

Con
Forget to take off target summon wrong group...

If not wanting to summon toon in other group can move that toon to another...

Personally if this was revamped I think a new item should be made... it only y takes me a few moments to summon my group

As for a few others issues touched

Faster/Insta cast and reduced reuse time could cause abuse (which is why it is the way it is)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2015, 10:24:39 am »

I also have 5 of these on different characters. I am of the opinion that group CoH is sufficiently powerful enough as it is....making it raid IMO isnt needed or even a good idea. If someone wants to move through with one player and summon, the extra 5 seconds it takes to lock raid, swap a char and CoH twice and move back (literally 5 seconds, I just did it in that and timed it) isnt even an inconvenience. If you see it as such then....hell, I dont know. Its definitely IMO not worth distracting management with, especially not when there are so many other important issues on their plates.

And if you want more cowbell, add a class to your raid that comes with the bell (mage in this case). I run a mage for extra dps (yeah, they can actually be decent DPS later if you work em) and I use CoH often in T8, 9. I dont even need to change to the mages screen to summon member of another group with a CoH clicky....I can press 1 key, mage summons the player AND the player clicks their summon clicky for their group....all with one click. Want better functionality? Do it yourself with the tools you have when you can....the less workload we put on Hate and Akk the more they can do with the really important issues.

Sorry, /soapbox off.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Peign
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2015, 10:52:00 am »

I have 5 as well.   However, if a raid COH item was made, I'd buy that in a heartbeat for situational usage.     That would be another great reason to donate ... if donations are open.   

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 432