Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 07:50:59 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: How should Skin of the Drake be throttled?  (Voting closed: February 07, 2015, 03:58:11 pm)
~18sec Duration, 90sec cooldown - 13 (27.7%)
Number of Hits - 20 (42.6%)
45-60s Debuff Preventing Application - 9 (19.1%)
Other (Explain) - 5 (10.6%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Quick Poll: Skin of the Drake  (Read 14981 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2015, 03:58:11 pm »

Ladies/gents/trolls,

I'm just trying to gather a quick, informal poll on thoughts on how to handle Skin of the Drake cleanly. I really DO want it to stay in play, be useful, and give the druids that unique edge. I do NOT want the invulnerability nonsense to stay. Please vote as you can. If you chose "Other", please post and explain. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 04:07:41 pm »

longer cooldown without any nerf makes drake what it was intended to be (at least in my mind) 18 second invulnerability to allow Tank to establish aggro on a pull - and make the fight stable.

Instead of indefinite invulnerability for a single toon with a drake chain

IMO

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 04:09:48 pm »

longer cooldown without any nerf makes drake what it was intended to be (at least in my mind) 18 second invulnerability

I do NOT want the invulnerability nonsense to stay

-Hate

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 04:11:26 pm »

Hate my response depends on if run speed on mobs is going to change.

If it is not required for pulling then I'd vote for debuff.

If nothing is going to be done about run speed on mobs, then I would vote for 60sec duration 90s cooldown 30 sec debuff.  This would allow for running around time.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 04:11:45 pm »

If we did # of hits , could we then see then the removal of magical arrows and the reduction in mob speed?
hardcoretank

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 04:12:15 pm »

youll need to add some kind of debuff that well not allow you to cast drake again on target for "X" time otherwise way around this is boxing a few druids

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 04:18:11 pm »

Dimur, awesome.

Woogie and Quaglin, if the mobs get slowed down and some of the ranged bits are removed, Skin of the Drake would be a mix of the options. Number of hits makes it useful for facetanking half the zone as it would only last for a few seconds, but it make it useless as a buff that keeps one relatively safe while pulling. If I chose the cooldown route, with the mob changes, it is essentially the same as it is now. You are in NO danger with it up. That's exactly what I'm trying to get away from, invulnerability.

hardcoretank, there is some point when I do need to accept some things be possible for abuse. If some one is running 2-3 druids for permanent uptime on Drake, the only thing I can do is work in much meaner dispels to INT caster NPCs and slightly less mean dispels on those with access to Cancel Magic.

Was that at least somewhat clear? :-)

-Hate
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 04:21:07 pm by hateborne » Logged

ZerarWarrior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 06:46:07 pm »

~18 durration,  60 second cool down.

zymral

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 07:45:53 pm »

the choices do not have enough information to make an informed vote. If i vote for number of hits... 15 well then no not that one 45 sure. this makes a huge diffrence. As does 15 sec duration 90 sec recast... is it based on a reduced ammount or the old amount. Again reduced healing and only up for 15 sec nope not going to use. old ammount and new duration sure. There just isn't enough info and anyone who voted are just shooting darts in the dark.  sorry for formatting on a phone.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 07:52:33 pm »

You can ignore my # of hits remark, because regardless the removal of magical arrows and a look at run speeds (especially t7) need to be looked at if you're going to change the way druid works. Since 1 of 2 functions is to keep alive on the pull and once at the burst of the fight. I shouldn't have to waste a skin cast on a pull because of the absurd damage I'm going to take with magical arrows. 18SEC to 90 CD is meh but however it's cut, with the skin change that issue will have to be addressed too.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 08:11:14 pm »

Zymral, buffs get kind of awkward with durations that are not close or at 6 second intervals (as ticks occur every 6 seconds). As for information, I cannot provide full example for each as I'm trying to gather feedback before I make any changes. I know that's not exactly fun, but what other game asks for so much feedback and spends days hashing it out? :-)

As for the "every NPC is ranged too" will be looked at with/soon-after caster update. T10 is priority when time permits obviously, but I'm working with these other things when I have 10-30min here or there.

-Hate

zymral

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 08:49:36 pm »

Yeah I understand the 6 sec thing. I mistyped my time. As for the buff TBH it I would rather ya just change it and be done with it. All I was saying earlier is with the ammount of information that is given in the poll and you can derive out of the other thread amounts to Drake now bad...must change... choose # of hits or shorter duration and everything else it up in the air. It gives absolutely no more information  if everyone votes for # of hits and it is low then no one playes the class because it will just fade. If it is too high it is effectively no change. But asking for us to choose at this point seems foolish. it is like asking do you want a new car or money when the new car could be a plastic toy and the money being a penny.

What I would like is the change to be done so i can figure out if i want to keep my healer or deep six him before i get another two tiers done and then have to go back. I love what you all have done with the server but I am tired of wondering what will happen and if i need to change my group.

As for the debuff choice: It would make druid be the only class that can't effectively do anything in multiples in a raid except very low damage.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 09:17:26 pm »

If you really want this to be a situational, oh shit type of spell but nothing you can use all the time regardless of the number of mobs beating on the tank then consider a better solution.  I'd suggest a more reasonable max hit counter, if you ideal mob pull is < 6 mobs or so then figure out how many attacks that number of mobs can fire off over the duration of the buff and make that the max hit count before the buff fades.  Pulling more mobs than what the intent of the spell is designed around would just make the buff fade faster, leave it up to the player to decide how they want to approach it.

This should give an idea of what the hit count suggestion entails.  The number of hits can be scaled pretty easily and I'm sure with some work the desired number of incoming hits before the buff fades can be figured out, whether it be scaled around the idea of pulling 4 mobs or 40 mobs or somewhere in between.  Ultimately it's going to be a number that Hate feels comfortable with and the actual number isn't something we need to quantify in order to either choose the hit count or other options.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 11:58:23 pm »

Why I mentioned hit box + lack of magical arrows. If I decide to use the buff for the burst of the pull, if I pull greater than the hit marker doesn't that just disadvantage me instead of benefiting me , which is my choice to do. Won't make me god mode, I'll still have to bust out the cleric faster than before if I chose to do that.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 12:24:28 am »

Hate,
I think your instincts are right about adjusting drake, but why not just tweak the heal amount or something, and see how that works? Having a hit count seems lame to me as you could pull a bunch of mobs, reach hit count then die. Peeps will just stop using the Druid imo. Longer duration recast just means another situational use and again Druid gets shelved.

Just halve the healing for now and leave rest alone and see where it leads? Why the rush to totally nuke drake?

Also was any content or drop rate adjusted to take drake into account? Someone mentioned t8 drop rates and the drake nerf affecting ones ability to get them at the same rate. If so that should be considered too.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:27:42 am by Warbash » Logged

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84