Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:15:43 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Instance System Update  (Read 43333 times)
Kielohawk

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 02:54:53 pm »

Awesome! Thanks a lot for adding the delete instance function back in!
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 05:03:03 pm »

• You can no longer 'enter <type> <name> <zone>' while in destination instance and have it bring you back to port spot
  • Instances will now create and prompt for enter instead of force enter
  • Instances will now be created as private (closed) by default

EZ Server GM
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 09:57:19 pm »

Lockout timer is rough for people working on SoT quest or EoN farming.

Working as intended or oversight of why would anyone want to make instances that fast?
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 10:00:51 pm »

So, I logged in today.  I hit my EON/EON2 button like I always do and I receive a message that I can enter GI Hole or wait 15 min's to create another GI.

I have these 2 buttons set up so I can go farm EON's, it has 10 of the zones listed one right after the other.  With this new system, it is going to take me over 4 hours to create all these instances.  Not including the time it takes to farm them.  In 3 days, I will have to spend another 4 hours.  With in 1 year, I will have spent 486 hours, just creating EON zones.  That's not to mention, TOFS, any of the Teir zones.  

How is this an improvement again?
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 10:47:50 pm »

So, I logged in today.  I hit my EON/EON2 button like I always do and I receive a message that I can enter GI Hole or wait 15 min's to create another GI.

I have these 2 buttons set up so I can go farm EON's, it has 10 of the zones listed one right after the other.  With this new system, it is going to take me over 4 hours to create all these instances.  Not including the time it takes to farm them.  In 3 days, I will have to spend another 4 hours.  With in 1 year, I will have spent 486 hours, just creating EON zones.  That's not to mention, TOFS, any of the Teir zones.  

How is this an improvement again?

Sorry was impersonating an asshole for a second, thanks for the hard work on this. Is the create new instance lockout timer intended? If so based on the above could we consider a reduction or removal of the lockout?
Fixed

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2015, 11:02:31 pm »

Thanks Warbash, sometimes I don't read things completely and see how much asshattery I actually have going.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 12:19:06 am »

Cooldowns were proposed as a way to counteract having the ability to delete and recreate instances. If people want to debate on a reasonable idea, I don't think I've ever been opposed to them.

EZ Server GM
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 04:21:51 am »

I've not been on much recently, so need to catch up on updates

The new instance system is really nice, but have to agree with the timer on instance creation, it really is gunna slow down EoN farming etc
There should be a timer for deletion, to stop just recreating over an over

I think Hunter orig had a system where you could delete, but only when it was due or close to expire, as some zones do take a bit of time
Cant remember why is was removed
Ie,
create instance for 3 days,
Delete instance only available  when <1 day remaining on instance

Anyway, Just my thoughts

See ya's ingame

Kardthe

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 05:40:00 am »

I've not been on much recently, so need to catch up on updates

The new instance system is really nice, but have to agree with the timer on instance creation, it really is gunna slow down EoN farming etc
There should be a timer for deletion, to stop just recreating over an over

I think Hunter orig had a system where you could delete, but only when it was due or close to expire, as some zones do take a bit of time
Cant remember why is was removed
Ie,
create instance for 3 days,
Delete instance only available  when <1 day remaining on instance

Anyway, Just my thoughts

See ya's ingame

Love the changes, but agree with above....  the timer creation part puts is very annoying for EoN type farming where it may take under a minute to do the zone, ie Fippy Darkpaw.... create instance...ooops, needed version not up..... repop... still not up... now you have a 9 min 30 second wait to try in raid instance.  Also... Bravo on whatever you did to the expeditions... finally working for me again for the first time in a long time.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2015, 07:16:41 am »

We had delete function before repop function was added.  I think it was reworked because the database was getting corrupted from so many interactions.

Akka, is there anyway to remove the delete function.  and in it's place if an instance has less than 6 hours on it, allow you to extend it for another 3 days instead of deleting and recreating. 
OR
Only allow delete function to work on instances that have less than 6 hours left.(time frame debatable)

I think back in the day before repop the recreation was linked to recreating the same zone, and was only 5 minutes.  Not a global cooldown on all creating of instances

I.E.

So If I deleted my GI tacvi, I was locked out from making a new one for 5 minutes, but I could make a new raid or solo, or any other zone for that matter.  Each zone and instance type had it's own timer.

If there is only the option for a global cooldown, I would say reduce the impact of delete, akin to deleting an instance only if it is due to expire. And eliminate the creation cooldown altogether, repop cooldown already accomplishes this.

huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2015, 08:37:03 am »

I don't think there should be a timer on creating a GI or a RI or SI.
I don't mind there being a 15 min delay on recreating an instances.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2015, 08:44:33 am »

I don't think delete really needs to work unless you can't finish your clear in time.

That's what we have repop for in the first place.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 09:03:40 am »

If it were a choice between the ability to delete an instance or 12 minute delay between creating instances, I'd forgo the delete function. For me it was a rare occurrence that I'd log in and only have an hour or so left in an instance like t7, and if that happened I'd just go to guild or raid that had more time. Now that we can create more than one guild instance this is probably even less of an issue.

But like one of the posters above said, maybe we can limit the ability to deleting an instance to the last 6 hours with no recreate penalty? Probably more complicate and not necessary due to my reasons above though.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Peign
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2015, 09:22:17 am »

I would agree that the create instance timer being applied to GI, RI and SI on create of any is a tad frustrating.

A couple  ways to resolve:

Set timer for instance type (GI, RI, SI) on create.
Set timer for instance type on Delete
Remove Delete entirely.    It does not seem to be a truly needed function
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2015, 09:41:03 am »

Keep delete. Nothing more annoying than logging in getting ready to run an instance and having the message "your instance will end in 15 minutes"  or whatever.

And yes the timer should either be on delete instance or tied to separate instance types.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 138