Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:19:46 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: Instance System Update  (Read 43345 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2015, 08:56:26 am »

We can already do that using MQ2 - "enter guild toon ${Zone.ShortName}"

This works for me....and the logical alteration for invites works as well.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2015, 04:48:41 pm »

Akka, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate the work you put into this.  Ever since you tweaked things I am back to good ping rates and lag times!  Ever since Halloween I have been piging around 400ms+ (as all the posts I had made stated) after you made these last round of changes I am at 56-59ms again!  I don't know what all you did but it made playing on EZ fun again! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2015, 04:54:59 pm »

Akka, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate the work you put into this.  Ever since you tweaked things I am back to good ping rates and lag times!  Ever since Halloween I have been piging around 400ms+ (as all the posts I had made stated) after you made these last round of changes I am at 56-59ms again!  I don't know what all you did but it made playing on EZ fun again! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Thanks a lot Orthanos, the kind words are very appreciated.

I also explained what was done here: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4613.msg60285#msg60285

EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2015, 11:03:49 pm »

One thing I have noticed.....instances arent naturally deleting themselves when they expire. They instead show "unlimited" and are unusable in that state....and need to be manually deleted.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2015, 07:08:24 am »

I deleted an instance.  Rebuilt it, with never zoning it was odd.  And then the timer ran out on my original instance anyway.  So my guy had 2 guild anguish instances at the same time.

There is no auto deletion.

How hard would it be to add in a renew instance, that resets the timer to full 3 days?

It is working spiffy though Akka. Thanks
Kielohawk

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2015, 01:48:15 pm »

I have been messing around with the new instance system. I appreciate the changes. One thing I think a lot of folks and myself are wondering, Is there a way to not move our toons to the safe point like "Repop instance" used to do? I would like to move between Public, solo, raid, and guild instances without having my guys relocated to the safe spot. 

Thanks
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2015, 06:07:00 pm »

^

Phah

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2015, 07:21:52 pm »

So, if you just "/say instance", or if you "/say create [solo/raid/guild] instance" then follow the confirmation chat links, it will not create an instance for the zone you're in, it just says "Invalid zone request". Threw me for a serious loop. It looks like we always need to specify zone name, even if we're in the zone.

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2015, 03:05:24 pm »

Is it time to just have 1 type of instance and reduce repop timer down to 3-4 minutes? (10 minutes/3 instance types)

This might decrease the bloke on the server and with multiple guild instances i see no real reason to have different types of instances other then for farming purposes and being able to repop in multiple places.  If repop is reduced can just farm 1 instance without making 2-3 to keep up with farming in.

Auto-deletion really needs to happen, list gets very bloated and with delete timer can't clean it up ourselves.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2015, 04:18:40 pm »

Is it time to just have 1 type of instance and reduce repop timer down to 3-4 minutes? (10 minutes/3 instance types)

This might decrease the bloke on the server and with multiple guild instances i see no real reason to have different types of instances other then for farming purposes and being able to repop in multiple places.  If repop is reduced can just farm 1 instance without making 2-3 to keep up with farming in.

Auto-deletion really needs to happen, list gets very bloated and with delete timer can't clean it up ourselves.

+1+1=+2

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2015, 07:26:55 pm »

+2+2=+1 as well

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2015, 08:32:53 pm »

Yeah, noticed a huge amount of "Unlimiteds" in list today....and dont have the patience to remember to re open the list every 10 minutes and delete them then wait for cooldown to delete again. Expired instances need to auto delete, like they did before.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2015, 08:52:19 pm »

Just purged 634 expired instances and they should keep themselves clean from here on out.

EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2015, 09:04:58 pm »

Thank you Akk!

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2015, 09:08:35 pm »

Thanks Akka.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis