Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 04:31:03 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: CT Essences  (Read 24730 times)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 11:13:48 am »

Insert Quote
if every item is within everyone's grasp, then nothing is special.    Part of mmorpgs is that you get out what you put in.    If you choose to sit in nexus and or write buff bot macros during your play time, so be it, you get what you put in.   

all mmorpgs had some element of grind and or bottlenecks.     Lets look at EQ live.   When epics first came out, they were difficult to obtain.   You had to jump through a lot of hoops.    Not everyone was capable and or willing to jump through those hoops so therefore not everyone got the epics.     

Everything should not be easy.   Everything should not be just given to everyone.   That entire concept diminishes the value of the items.

Stop bitching that things are too hard and get your candy asses into the grind.    Less talk more grind == more items.

Grind? shit i dont mind grind... I would like to enjoy the GAME...you know...game... its a game...this is not some way to prove how badass you are in real life... its a freaking game..

Game should be fun...

we can identify parts that are not fun we can improve them..

I am not saying it should be click click reward but if I have to click 2000000 times for a reward ..make the clicking at least fun...in some way..

Peign
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 11:37:48 am »

If the game is not fun for you, I would suggest taking a break.   A couple months off then come back, the game is fun again.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 01:01:15 pm »

This is a farm game...and especially this server is a farm server...get over it.. all these Damn "oh this is to hard" fixes is taking away from new content stfu and play or quit either way stfu
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 01:16:00 pm »

It's a suggestion board. To quote Peign, just asking for a review - nothing more. Don't get your panties in a bunch Tongue If you don't like the suggestion just ignore it. Also, if we don't want to adjust the drop rates, my suggestion was to add something to the drop pool to make it less mind numbingly boring since we have to loot every single corpse. Either that or add CT ess to Dranik drop pool so we at least have another option for farming.

These are easy solutions imho and in no way make it less difficult. Just because Hunter had it set one way before doesn't mean we can't change it. Remember how often charms used to drop in LDON? Things can and should change sometimes after reassessment.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:30:01 pm by warrior5 » Logged

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 01:34:11 pm »

Just because you don't like the zone and don't want to be there doesn't mean it should be easier ...ct has one if the highest ess per hour rates out if all tiers
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 01:37:08 pm »

Disagree respectfully. Your numbers don't add up.

Regardless I already explained it doesn't have to be "easier" - just less boring.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 01:41:01 pm »

Armor in CT is cake. Nothing wrong with the armor drops in CT. If ANYTHING armor farming in CT is easier. Essences....not so much.

All for keeping UW difficult. It should be. What bugs me is that CT essences are the very first rank needed for strikes, and strikes just plain are not optional.

I'm farming a set of 100CT atm for a UW. Its a pain in the ass....and it should be. But....newer players arriving on the server are told strikes and UC are musts (because they are) and they face CT. Yesterday I did 9 clears of CT for 4 essences. During double loot I did 22 clears for 46 essences. That means, if the rate remains constant I will need to do 225 non DL clears of CT to finish a UW. Ok, cool, I can do that. But it also means 9 clears to get 2 NS rank 2 for a newbie monk. For a newer player thats a bit rough. I am not saying change the drop rate.....I am saying, again, that using the same materials NEEDED for necessary items for starting players as a throttle for UW rarity isnt a smart idea. I am saying we need to separate the two. Yeah, keep UW rare and hard to get.....and if anything make it harder! But dont do it by simultaneously punishing newer players. We have decent "gut checks" for newer players as it is, and they get progressively harder as you go. But to have it this big a bottleneck at the first rank strikes I think isnt something we wanna do to newer players.

Again, separate UW from strikes/SOA/Mana neck. SLS are enough of a crossover. Dont compound issues by also keeping essences as a crossover item.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 01:42:22 pm »

Watch, maybe we're seeing different drop rates. I get OC essences easier and more reliably than I get CT atm.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 01:45:38 pm »

Besides revamping content (which ct is the revamp of tacvi) you can't make it less boring unless you add new content like I said... and it is I got 37 ess in 15 clears ... if you are having issues getting items to drop..try something new...like creating a new instance under a different toon...seems to work well for me... either way just because you feel it's to hard (which it definitely is not) doesn't mean hate should take away from new content to work on it....I think you don't get that new content is where the game gains stature.... going and adjusting old tiers ruins the content...which I have stated with every content change...all it does force more content adjustment for other tiers till the game is broke...which at this point it kinda is
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 01:51:39 pm »

Armor in CT is cake. Nothing wrong with the armor drops in CT. If ANYTHING armor farming in CT is easier. Essences....not so much.

All for keeping UW difficult. It should be. What bugs me is that CT essences are the very first rank needed for strikes, and strikes just plain are not optional.

I'm farming a set of 100CT atm for a UW. Its a pain in the ass....and it should be. But....newer players arriving on the server are told strikes and UC are musts (because they are) and they face CT. Yesterday I did 9 clears of CT for 4 essences. During double loot I did 22 clears for 46 essences. That means, if the rate remains constant I will need to do 225 non DL clears of CT to finish a UW. Ok, cool, I can do that. But it also means 9 clears to get 2 NS rank 2 for a newbie monk. For a newer player thats a bit rough. I am not saying change the drop rate.....I am saying, again, that using the same materials NEEDED for necessary items for starting players as a throttle for UW rarity isnt a smart idea. I am saying we need to separate the two. Yeah, keep UW rare and hard to get.....and if anything make it harder! But dont do it by simultaneously punishing newer players. We have decent "gut checks" for newer players as it is, and they get progressively harder as you go. But to have it this big a bottleneck at the first rank strikes I think isnt something we wanna do to newer players.

Again, separate UW from strikes/SOA/Mana neck. SLS are enough of a crossover. Dont compound issues by also keeping essences as a crossover item.

This is exactly my point. It's not that I think getting a UW should be easier. I agree with Chunka go ahead and make it harder! It's the fact that CT essences are used for EVERYTHING - and it's a nightmare for all players, including newbies. Additionally, farming them is like plucking eyebrows and nose hairs. It sucks big time. There is a difference between difficult, and just plain boring or annoying. Right now farming CT is a headache, and a bottleneck for newbie augs as well. To fix the boredom for UW farmers we could add CT ess to Dranik, and maybe add plat bags to CT. To fix it for newbies, we could put the essences on boss mobs only and up the drop rate significantly, since they are unable to clear the zone like we do.

Watch your drop rates are not typical. You're having tremendous luck in CT - or your recollection is inaccurate. Personally, I liked Tacvi a lot more than CT - not sure why it isn't still an option for those of us who find CT mind-numbingly boring.

going and adjusting old tiers ruins the content...which I have stated with every content change...all it does force more content adjustment for other tiers till the game is broke...which at this point it kinda is

The game is not broken. It's a thousand times better and more interesting than it was when I last left (almost two years ago). The content has expanded rapidly, the server runs like a well-oiled supercar, and there is much more to do with mini dungeons and tiers etc.

Adjusting CT would be just another improvement in a long line of improvements under Akkadius and Hate. Not sure how you could possibly think things aren't significantly better nowadays.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:56:47 pm by warrior5 » Logged

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 01:55:39 pm »

Watch, maybe we're seeing different drop rates. I get OC essences easier and more reliably than I get CT atm.

That's because people QQ hg was to hard and hate put it on ez mode to shut people up... now t9ess are just as common as t6

And I have stated that uw has been ess based to long for it to change now... if we were to change it where would the stockpiles of ess.go? The few new players who join rarely ? ... most quit at or before t5 so then what?...on top of the fact of what your previous suggestions to fix uw requires you to farm old zones which means more stockpiles of useless.ess... as I said at this point the only way to fix it is new content and stick to your guns... dont let people.bully you into making the new content easier... besides a.full blown server revamp.new content is the only true fix...but everyone wants old shit worked on so we are sitting here doing farms waiting for new.content. my guess is you guys aren't looting all the corpses or are missing the loots themselves... I got those ct ess in about 3-4 hours play time... t6 and maybe t5 are the only 2 zones I have been able to match our exceed that drop rate... and well as I said t9 is the new t6 not all zones should be so trivial.

I've helped numerous.New people... haven't had a single one complain about ess drop rate... only older geared players that are to lazy to farm... keep that in mind...I don't see a SINGLE ONE on here saying it's to hard...just people who don't like the zone
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:57:56 pm by ishallnotdie » Logged
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 01:59:17 pm »

Come on Watch we all loot the corpses. You're missing the point. It's not about making it easier necessarily. The boredom can be fixed in other ways. Putting CT ess in Dranik, or putting them on bosses, adding some other type of loot to CT, bringing Tacvi back as an optional zone for gear / essences etc.

I've helped numerous.New people... haven't had a single one complain about ess drop rate... only older geared players that are to lazy to farm... keep that in mind...I don't see a SINGLE ONE on here saying it's to hard...just people who don't like the zone

Most newbs don't even understand the value of essences until they are forced to make their strike augs - which sometimes doesn't happen till T3/T4 and T5. You don't hear them complain because they don't know. Maybe when the find out they quit Tongue
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:01:30 pm by warrior5 » Logged

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2015, 02:05:09 pm »

As much as chunka hits his wiki hotkey people know they need augs... when I help I tell them...and those ess I got were from leveling up new chars ...So the drop rate is on par with aug/soa possession...you're just bored and want it even more easier than it already is... and every suggestion you have made has said that
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 02:08:36 pm »

Okay you win.

Newbies know CT essences are needed for everything as soon as they log on and they're immensely happy with the zone.

My experience is very different, but I think you're an expert on this so I'll defer to you.

Hate please don't review Cazic Thule - Watch has convinced me it's too easy and lots of fun as is. Also, even if it isn't - since he had to do it the hard / boring way, we wouldn't want to improve the experience for new players. It wouldn't be fair to Watch.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:10:23 pm by warrior5 » Logged

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 02:10:36 pm »

The boredom issue is there for me, yeah....but I can pull a Dimur and just watch TV while I farm. No biggie. Mostly my issue is that UW shouldnt use as a rarity bottleneck an item that is required for advancement.

And as for the people who claim, "Oh, you got yours, Chunka, now you wanna slow all of us down". Well, you're entitled to your opinions no matter how f'ing stupid they may be, but there are three issues with that claim:

1) Been saying this for well over a year in game and on the forums....back when the highest UW I had was rank 2 or 3.

2) I have right now 2 characters I am working on UW, and neither is over rank 2

3) My goal is to make breaking in to starter content less hellish for newer players. Strikes have a bigger impact than UW. You CAN progress without a UW (plenty have) but you really cannot progress without strikes or at least their caster counterpart.

Oh, and lastly......honestly I could give a shit how someone else does compared to me on EZ. I dont compete with others here, because I find that rather silly. Hell, I cant even begin to count the number of players I helped here.....in some cases within the last year....who are well beyond me in gear, stats, etc. If anything I'm kind of proud of that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 187