Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:39:48 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Playing around with the beast pet  (Read 31581 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2015, 02:11:48 pm »

Ok.....using a 9.0 beast pet on the FG practice dummy, JUST beast buffs (hulkamania2, growl of the beast and 2.0 clicky buff, which IS worth casting) and ornate war sword the beast pet did a minimum hit 56890, max hit 422923, average hit 136487.

Using the rank 50 Earring of Brutal Ages (thanks for the test, Hate!), same setup, minimum hit was 121443, max hit was 821662. Average hit was 299948 (LOTS of under 200K hits). Also lots of AE hits on bst pet.

And, of course, beastlords melee was increased noticeably with earring.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 02:14:53 pm »

Of course use your own preference and judgement, but as things stand I'd say the return on the investment in terms of time and resource (300 to 500 million in gems) isnt worth it. UW rogue or warrior, hell yes. Beastlord? Not so much.....not for the pet anyway.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Peign
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 02:35:24 pm »

Why waste your time on this?    BL have not been a viable class on this server since 2010 (when I started). if ever.   This seems pointless.     All this time spent on things that just do not matter.   If you spent even half your time on working on progression, you would have a maxed all classes by now and tasted the nectar of the elite fruit.

How many hours have been spent on pet classes since H8 took over?   Value added?   I think not.   There is no value in continuing down this path.   Leave classes alone and let us enjoy content.    Don't like EZ, ok.   Here is an idea why don't you two collaborate, use the combine pools of your infinite knowledge of all things, and create your own server?   You can call it Pets R Us or Nerf Stick.   It would be awesome!   I'd play and donate there in a heartbeat!

How many players on EQ are frothing over wanting to play a BL?    1?

It amazes me how much time is spent on what just does not matter.    Our lone dev has plenty of time to nerf things that are fun or allow us to max KPH, or set up tests for <insert expletive here> that does not matter..... but 0 time to develop new content.  

Oh, and here is a little dose of reality.    Since the dawn of gaming, developers have worked in vain to try to find some class balance.   Guess what, it is not possible.     These are highly experienced developers, some with advanced degrees from uber tech schools, not just hobbyists who google crap.     Face the reality, class balance is not possible.

Going to make a post of everything I enjoy on EZ so that the lone dev can proceed to nerf every single thing on the list, that would be ethereal!

Ok, start the rage on me for blatantly stating the truth.  

/boggle
/waiting for the next nerf

EZ Dev mantra:   I love EZ, that is why I am going to fundamentally change EZ.  
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 03:09:52 pm »

Going to make a post of everything I enjoy on EZ so that the lone dev can proceed to nerf every single thing on the list, that would be ethereal!

/boggle

Some one got their cheerios pissed in.

-Hate

EDIT: He's pissed because he was using Spirit of the Ninja to make himself harder to kill and I knocked it down a peg. Doesn't matter anymore, his gravy train has been derailed indefinitely: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4645.msg60762;topicseen#new
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:27:57 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 03:11:15 pm »

Wow

So you are saying if you dont like EZ then go somewhere else or make your own server.
Then you are saying how you dislike to focus of the server, and the "nerfs"

So maybe you should listen to your own advice???
Peign
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 03:27:43 pm »

/boggle

Some one got their cheerios pissed in.
-Hate

Someone continues to make money for others and spends time on things that do not matter.    Seriously, pet classes?   Wake up man.   Learn how to manage priorities or just give up the dev role.   There are plenty of developers out there that understand the core concepts of EZ and would spend the time on things that matter.    No one but you and Chunka care about this crap.    Maybe Aythena, but she left.   

It is ok though, the world needs lackeys and yes men, so win for the world.

You do not like this server, and never have.   You did not like it when you played and you do not like it now.    Your development efforts continually work to change the fundamental concepts of a server that was once great.   

Create your own server, make your own money.   Pets R US!    Nerf Stick!    You won't.    I'd tell you why but you will ban me probably so it matters little. 

Insult me more though, pee all over my cheerios.      You have the power, for what it is worth, I have none.   I've donated a crap ton in both time (developed, debugged etc for Hunter) and money to this server, but yeah, what I find fun clearly does not matter.    Pet classes and casters all the time, that is the way!    Oh something is fun, time to nerf!   

Ban me if you want, you have the power.

EZ Dev Mantra:   I love EZ, that is why I am going to fundamentally change EZ.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 03:39:34 pm »

Someone continues to make money for others and spends time on things that do not matter.    Seriously, pet classes?   Wake up man.   Learn how to manage priorities or just give up the dev role.   There are plenty of developers out there that understand the core concepts of EZ and would spend the time on things that matter.    No one but you and Chunka care about this crap.    Maybe Aythena, but she left.   

Ban me if you want, you have the power.

A) You ungrateful shit. Every penny we (Akkadius and I) get goes to Isa, Hunter's widow. We've not kept a single penny. Akkadius pulled money out of his pocket to LEGALLY sort out what Hunter was doing for Isa so EZ could continue without the IRS showing up with a warrant.
B) Your wish is granted. Get out and begone with your crying, complaining, and insulting self.

-Hate

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 03:49:14 pm »

B) Your wish is granted. Get out and begone with your crying, complaining, and insulting self.

Clarifying: Permabanned.

-Hate

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 03:51:53 pm »

Maslow, some of the things you said in the above posts were way out of line.  

Nothing wrong with trying to make some of the more worthless classes actually work.  We had tons of bench worthy classes for years and minus the druid crap we now have more useful classes than ever.  Some people may not like/agree with Hate but he is the one creating us new content (and a few others).  Instead of always being a wall to moving forward, energy would be better spent providing guidance and offering input.  Many tweaks and adjustments have come from hate through player feedback.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:08:16 pm by clbreastmilk » Logged
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 04:52:34 pm »

Whew!  I may start paying attention to ooc again.  Smiley

+10 to Hateborne!

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 05:07:00 pm »

Shocked  BOOM!  Shocked   

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 06:07:27 pm »

If you spent even half your time on working on progression, you would have a maxed all classes by now and tasted the nectar of the elite fruit.

This one statement alone tells me everything I ever need to know about you. Sad.

Premador

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 07:28:05 pm »

Nothing I like better than someone complaining but offering nothing to help. To many of you complainers, if you don't like something do something about it, or fuck off.
Hates trying to do stuff and make it better, for everyone, not just one. If you don't like it the doors open, fuck off.

So in conclusion if you want to help, give hate and aka, constructive ideas or help. If you want to bitch and complain....FUCK OFF!

My old guild on RZs first rule was
1. No assholes.

Maybe we should add that to the server rules here
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 08:35:39 pm »

Shocked

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 08:52:00 pm »

Hope ya werent referring to me. The post was about the differences between bst pet with and without rank 50 earring....and it was done with Hate's help. People have asked what kind of an impact the earring has, but no one I know has actually worked a bst up with the earring (since GSOA are a bit rough to come by, and UW characters rightly so get preference).

This isnt a post claiming a beastlord isnt worth leveling up. I will still keep using my BST. Even though by my parse, both with UC2 and NSXI my monk does 34% more dps than my beastlord and pet combined I will keep the beast. I like the variety, and who knows what the future brings.

Action past this is up to Hate, whether he thinks the earring is fine as is on beast, or if he thinks it needs to be beefed. He already has tons of ideas and input about beastlords from a wide variety of players.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 187