Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 04:45:20 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Playing around with the beast pet  (Read 31568 times)
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 07:14:40 am »

Would have been enough, to just revoke his posting privileges, wouldn't it?

I could be wrong...
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 09:44:07 am »

Man I have been laying low on forums and people still bringing my name up.....Its ok though...I hate you too!  Kiss

BTW who are you, in game, warrior5?  Or do you hide behind a forum name because you don't want people to "know" your main?  Huh

This has been covered a thousand times. Like a lot of people, I made my forum name before I made my toon, so I chose something random years ago. Nothing nefarious at all. I bring you up BC you are known to troll pretty hard. When I came back to the game you trolled me, and you've been known to attack Hate. I'm not saying it's at the Peign level, I'm just saying...

My in game toon is Godtank.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 03:17:04 pm »

It's about time Peign was banned. He's been a dick the whole time he has been here.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2015, 06:17:42 am »

I bring you up BC you are known to troll pretty hard. When I came back to the game you trolled me

First time I "trolled" you you were QQ'ing...and this wasn't even a troll it was more of a joke....but hey if your feelings got all hurt, I'm sorry.

View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)

Re: Godtank or Warrior5 whatever your name is

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 07:11:25 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove 

As for my off topic message after hate, I had it all typed up when he posted, which is why I added the apology. Considering I also complimented the devs in the same post, which I do a lot because they deserve it, I think he will let it slide.

So we can insult you and call you names....as long as we compliment someone afterward?  Well where to begin.........

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 06:48:27 am »

Warrior5 - you can change your forum display name. Mine used to be TinkleyToys

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
avadar

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2015, 02:16:46 pm »

Hey guys, haven't been around much at all lately, very busy IRL. Actually just bought an engagment ring for the woman and getting the proposal all planned out.

Enough about me, I just wanted to ramble for a bit. Now please forgive me if this post is redundant to anything posted on the boards in the past month or two, as i've been away and haven't kept up with anything. To my many friends I have made on this server and to those who know me, I've always tried to be a fun, helpful, knowledgeable, and caring EZ player. The past few months, I found myself as a bitter, resentful, half-focused, bored EZ Player. I still enjoyed engaging with my buddies, the few that still remained active, my guildmates (again the few that remained active),  but man I found myself being more irritated playing the game than enjoying it. The community I felt was toxic, I couldn't even stand reading these boards, the EZ economy was so topsy-turvy (I am sure I contributed to it being EL BORKO, but thats what happens when you have Bill Gates Plat), my play styles completely changed due to some class tweaks, and ultimately all I had left to do was more brain numbing grinding. I am hopefuly for some new content and excited, as I love playing this game. What alarms me most is the community of EZ. Back when I started in 2009-2010, the EZ community was incredible. People were helpful, nice, and had just a great time playing the game. It was harder, there was grinds, but the grind ever ending. You could get away with playing a few toons and have fun. Not many rolled more than 6 and there was minimal game stress (imo).  Game pop's were around 400 on regular - non event times. And remember people played less toons so that 400 was more like 100 unique players instead of the 18 raid squad monstrosities we all run now. There are a ton of AWESOME dudes (and gals) that play on this server. They have even more spirit for the progression of this server than I. This server also is blessed to have the presence and management/dev of HB and Akka, two very capable and talented individuals. Along with all the behind the scenes dev's that lend a hand, the EZ server has always been a place I felt safe investing time in playing, that I knew my time wouldnt be wasted, that the community and dev's would make sure the server stands the test of time.

I see that Peign/Maslow has been permabanned. Honestly, thats pretty crushing to me. I really enjoyed playing with Maslow. He helped me out in my progression, and when he returned from hiatus, we crushed some end game together. I understand the fact that some people saw him as annoying / mouthy / aggravating / pushed limits etc etc. but man, dont we have ways as players to control that? If you dont like someone /ignore. I cant imagine, being a player investing over a hundred days in PT, and being Perma banned for my personality. I get that you have to control the server and weed out bad apples, but is there a better way? I really like to think that Peign/Maslow really just talked with his opinion on how the game should progress and he really didnt hide his feelings. Im not going back to look at previous posts or what he did so i may be just talking out my ass, but if he was caught cheating the game, then I believe this is harsh. I think we sometimes cheat ourselves as a community. We allow ourselves to get so hurt by things and I constantly see banter back and forth on these boards and then it ends up in bans. The last thing I want to see from this server is skilled players who've invested a lot of time in this game get banned because of there personality. If a player is cheating the game, I get it, and I'd be all for a removal, but a personality? I tend to think thats a slippery slope. I hope you I do not offend you hate for voicing my disdain to your action, and I remain a supporter and fanboy of how you and akk run EZ. Understand I am just a player who has been around, off and on, for years of EZ and speak from experience. I've been meaning to get this off my chest for awhile, and just want my friendly, populated, helpful, and fun EZ server back. I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting the arrival of T10 and you will see me no-lifing EZ once again, even if the Fiancee (hopefully by that time) doesnt approve. However, after T10 is running smooth, I think the community and devs need to really talk about the future of EZ and how to create a better, more helpful, and fun EZ community and game. This is all my opinion and a vast majority of you may disagree. If that is the case, I can always find my solitude in gaming elsewhere. I guess seeing that Mas was permabanned really torked me and made me emotional.

Hope the epic lewtz have been droppin for you guys, and even as a burnt out EZ no-lifer, i still miss it.

-Harthek
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2015, 02:21:33 pm »

Warrior5 - you can change your forum display name. Mine used to be TinkleyToys

Ah cool thx

Edit: just tried this, says the prefix "god" is reserved  Cry
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:16:57 pm by warrior5 » Logged

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2015, 02:25:16 pm »

I bring you up BC you are known to troll pretty hard. When I came back to the game you trolled me

First time I "trolled" you you were QQ'ing...and this wasn't even a troll it was more of a joke....but hey if your feelings got all hurt, I'm sorry.

Okay. Still, you and your buddies in particular are the biggest trolls on the server apart from Peign, and I've seen you go at Hate hard. Was just making an observation.

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2015, 02:26:42 pm »

It's about time Peign was banned. He's been a dick the whole time he has been here.

I don't know about that. Being a dick, shouldn't necessarily get you banned. There should be room for dicks on the server as well as good-guys.

He had his opinions, he had a shitty way of conveying his frustration, about the server not working in the direction he wanted. Like I said, you could have just removed his posting privileges. And if you didn't like his input in-game, you could /ignore.

In many cases, the people who come to this place, has some degree of brain damage, otherwise, what would compel them to completing T5? We're for the most part an odd bunch, and there should be room for all types of people, even the shitty ones.

I haven't read everything the guys posted, especially over the last few months. But I sort of get the sense, that the management doesn't like when someone questions their monetary ethics. I honestly think they should get over that, in a hurry too... Cause as long as nothing is documented to the "public", they will always run in to the occasional dude, who thinks they're pocketing the money themselves. It's been known to happen out there in the world.

So yeah... Not sure what I'm saying, other than, this place should be able to handle douchebags - by other means than basically telling them to piss off. Or the rules should be add mended. 
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2015, 02:58:58 pm »

Not gonna quote you Harthek because it's too long (congrats on your pending engagement!), but I agree in many ways. It's tough to see 150 or less folks on during peak hours. Recently, I've been doing /w all 70, 71, 72 etc to see the players and often there is no one on of x level, and I rarely see "too many players" for any level.

Just this week I was doing some T9 with a friend during reasonable hours and we needed some help. Thank god Raygan was on otherwise no one else would have been available, on the entire server.

Years ago I remember folks like Harthek going out of their way to help newbies in any way possible, and /ooc was lively and fun with 300+ on during slow times.

Since returning last year I've noticed a change in the server while I was away. There is a lot of animosity from the top tier down, not sure why. /ooc is mostly dead or trolling. A rare few like Chunka still offer help to new folks, but the vast majority are often vitriolic towards new players. Again, no clue why. This isn't a recipe for keeping people on the server.

Additionally, as I've said in the past, EZ can be daunting for new folks, which is why I'm glad we have an abundance of wiki information. It's even more daunting when people call them names for not knowing everything right away.

I've offered suggestions to increase population before but they were rejected, meanwhile it continues to decline. And losing annoying folks like Maslow hurts an already dwindling group. /ignore is always an option. Just last week Maslow told me he didn't want to be banned. It's like he knew his antics were on the border and have been for some time.

Imho, Maslow isn't much unlike many other T9 folks. For months we've been seeing toons named FOHBOT killed by the buff bot, and my guild has been attacked in /ooc - some guys personally attacked. All in good fun for sure, but I can't help but wonder if it's all coming from the elite few who hate to see new toons moving up the ranks. Again, this isn't how you encourage others to play on the server.

Regardless, I still love EZ, and completely disagree with everything Maslow said here (as I usually do with him). I love the caster changes and mini dungeons and new content. I think Hate and Akka are doing an amazing job. The reality is, it may be the culture of the server itself which is hurting our population. As a side note, it seems we had a big drop off in sub T9 players after the Skin nerf / instance changes. Perhaps lower players can't imagine progressing through content at a reasonable pace if they can't #pullzone or stay in the same location through instances anymore (which I think was something Rent warned us about a couple months ago) - I don't know. The truth is, running through the same part of a zone over and over is boring, and its something only the elite called for (any guesses why?). Same goes for Skin, pulling 5 mobs at a time is significantly more daunting than pulling 15 20 or 30+ not to mention hundreds (Skin did affect non maxed folks significantly). Maybe the maxed folks called for a Skin nerf because they knew it would only affect those still working their way up. Just some thoughts.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:10:52 am by warrior5 » Logged

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2015, 04:01:32 pm »

Regardless, I still love EZ, and completely disagree with everything Maslow said here (as I usually do with him). I love the caster changes and mini dungeons and new content. I think Hate and Akka are doing an amazing job. The reality is, it may be the culture of the server itself which is hurting our population. As a side note, it seems we had a big drop off after the Skin nerf / instance changes. Perhaps players can't imagine progressing through content at a reasonable pace if they can't #pullzone or stay in the same location through instances anymore (which I think was something Rent warned us about a couple months ago) - I don't know. The truth is, running through the same part of a zone over and over is boring, and its something only the elite called for (any guesses why?). Same goes for Skin, pulling 5 mobs at a time is significantly more daunting than pulling 15 20 or 30+ not to mention hundreds. Just some thoughts.

just to be clear the skin changes did  not effect the elite..at all....

In fact their(our) pull times went down with the druid out of the lineup..

The instance thing is highly annoying for back farming casters guild/fighters guild and TOFS....other than that its also a non issue.

Some pop rates have changed ....drop rates have been tweeked... this is all to prevent us from maxing out 6 or 12 toons with uw's    its a panic move because they don't have another option.

the top 5% are going to roll t10 just like the roll t9 is the fear and all of this will be for naught... and they don't want this to spread to the top 20% or more...that's why they are trying to stop  it ..IMHO

I am taking some time off again just because i was about to start my 3rd UW and I have to ask myself why?

its not that they want to stop you from getting your strike augs...or completing t5.. they just want to slow the server down a bit to buy some time....

its all good:)

and yes..maslow can  be a cunt in ooc sometimes...and he does post shit on here I don't like...but I chatted with him in game daily and he was good people

ban ...dont ban....it is what it is.

thank you if you read this far...Smiley

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2015, 05:57:21 pm »

I've seen you go at Hate hard.

Hate is a big boy and can handle himself...he doesn't need fanboys to police the internet for him.  Hate and I have had our differences but we know where each other stand as well.  Just because I don't kiss his big toe like some people doesn't mean I dislike him.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2015, 07:49:54 pm »

Orthanos, hehe did you ever see your signature?

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2015, 08:40:27 pm »

Yeah I did Fugi...I rekon Hate did that fter one of our heated debates  Grin

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2015, 09:14:52 pm »

In my very limited playtime over the last couple month I have witnessed Maslow hurling personal attacks in OOC incessantly, almost every single time I log in to the game. Any person who thinks he wasn't breaking the rules

Limit Profanity
No spamming
Use common sense
Play nice and don't grief

is delusional or already had him on ignore.

Good riddance.

Blarr!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081