Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 12:34:38 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Playing around with the beast pet  (Read 31549 times)
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2015, 09:54:17 pm »

Posting on phone so this will be short.

I didn't know avadar was harthek. You are a super cool guy. One of the best on EZ.  I agree with everything you said about EZ community. Not sure what the answer is to that. You really need newer players without the playtime baggage all of us have. New players that have no clue what they're doing. It's got to be possible - p99 population is exploding. EZ is a great game, but I agree with everything you said about the players past and present.

Maslow - I think it was primarily the money related jabs (like you said) that pissed the admin... Especially with Hunter's situation Sad

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2015, 09:04:50 am »

No....it was primarily the breaking the rules non stop, even after being suspended for doing so....and then it was most probably the shit you didnt see, Peign blasting Hate in IMs with personal attacks and insults (which seemed to be the norm from him whenever he had an "episode").

And it amazes me how people think this is all just "one big happy family". EZ is a benevolent dictatorship, one run by two guys who are decent enough to do so with a rather soft hand.  They want you here, and they want you to have fun....and they act accordingly. But even more so than a major online game, any cash you might spend on EZ doesnt buy you a "vote". It doesnt give you license to act an ass toward the guys who run this machine without taking a paycheck for the massive time and effort they put in here.

Try the shit Peign pulled in a Sony or Blizzard game and see how patient they are with you...and consider those guys get paid a pretty good salary to take that kind of shit.

Peign had a ton of chances on this server, and he wiped his ass with them time and again. Once more all I can say is, regardless of my personal feelings toward the guy, EZ is a better place without him than with.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:09:36 am by Chunka » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2015, 09:20:07 am »

And another thing...it doesnt give you license to act like a douche to others. People talk about the community declining, and they are correct. Its not for lack of chances....we get a decent flow of new meat coming through all the time, but more than a few dont see what I saw when I started, which was people willing to go out of their way to help, to ease these guys past the pitfalls you'll find starting up here.

And I have to admit I am just as guilty as others, at times. I dont help actively as much as I used to. I watched Ugazel drop what he was doing the other day to help a new guy get a bunch of AA for a newly minted team of 70's, and I thought, "When did I stop doing that?" I noticed the other day I was getting snappy with new players asking in OOC about rightfully confusing issues, pretty much telling them "Go read the wiki, ya n00b!" I didnt write the wiki to make MY life easier, I did it to help newer players have more fun starting on the server. I also need to remember that personal interaction is what really makes this game fun.

Hate and Akk can only provide us the basics. They're two guys with lives, jobs, etc, and the time they put in here is to make the content enjoyable; they dont have the time and energy to make the experience enjoyable. Thats on all of us.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2015, 09:33:19 am »

Now....someone hand Fugi some bongos and lets all start singing Kumbaya before I'm forced to kill all of you.

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2015, 09:51:10 am »

I still think it was dodgy to ban the guy.

Trying to use the current ruleset to enforce it, is impossible. None of the things blurr listed, applies here.

Saying that the place is a dictatorship, could be right, but then they really shouldn't ask players of their opinions all the time. Making the players think their opinions matter, good or bad.

If Peign was being retarded over /tells in game or IMS on the board, the ignore feature is there for just that reason.

I think he stepped over the the blurred line, when he started bringing the donations into the picture, and like I said before, that should be something the dictators should be able to handle in other ways than the banhammer. Cause it'll be brought up again... eventually.

The server needs asshats too, as well as good guys. Seeing as most agree with the ban, I guess its me this time.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2015, 10:19:26 am »

I'm sorry hate me, it's no ones right to play here period. It's a privilege, the server will be here with or without each one of us.

There seems to be this entitlement or that the player base has a right to "vote" where this server goes and whom is allowed to play on it. It's Hates Sandbox now deal with it or leave. Dragging this thread through the mud while beating a dead horse is doing nothing. Get over it and grind away.

There was many lines crossed, he was given plenty of leeway period. (it's easy to armchair a GM position when not one)

Enjoy the server or leave, there will be more players that come and go, the one thing that is consistent is that EZ is here and will stay here with or without each one of us period.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 10:23:31 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2015, 11:07:31 am »

Ok, I'm going to address this in full and I'm locking this damn thread.

First, why is it that everyone seems fit to question what Akkadius and I do with the donations? Hunter took in plenty and kept it, bought games, and sent to Isa. I believe it's because everyone knew that Hunter would not tolerate bullshit or questions. It was his server, on his (mostly) equipment, and he alone was running the show. As Akkadius have stated a dozen times, Isa gets ALL of the donation money we take in (minus the few hundred at the beginning of 2014 to replace some hardware FOR THE SERVER).

Second, why is it that people can openly insult or attack myself or Akkadius? None of you would call out Hunter publicly and rudely because you knew damn well that he would ban you without notice/warning because it was HIS show and HE ran it.. A few others have brought this up in private and I believe it's because I try to be accommodating and the "give an inch, take a mile" thing is happening. I've bent over backwards trying to be polite, helpful, and understanding when I post threads regarding changes...get abused/attacked...work through the scarce GOOD input...then release changes. Even with UW changes, started with a shitstorm, some ragequits, pages of bitching, and then suddenly...we had useful and well thought out feedback. As a result, the UWs saw a fairly stiff damage increase at the high end with the heavy drop in HP/survivability across the board (which more than a few seemed 'OK' with!). I'm not saying I'm going to start dropping the hammer left and right, but I'm not going to work for free hours a week to continue to be abused/attacked. If you are going to whine, attack, and contribute nothing...you will start losing posting/chatting privileges. If you have feedback, post it constructively. Yes, even whining/hateful feedback CONSTRUCTIVELY can be exceptionally useful. Look at a lot of Dimur's posts, we've butted heads VERY publicly over the last year but he's generally been a great help.

Third, Peign/Maslow has had more than enough chances. He was a toxic player and a constant source of issues. In Summer 2013 up to Jan 2014, he would CONSTANTLY attack me in OOC or tells. I eventually ignored all of his characters, but as he started new toons to gear up, he kept giving me hell. I continued to ignore them as he made them. I would mention something that rustled his jimmies and he blew the fuck up to Hunter. Hunter asked me "Hey...wtf is going on", I would explain...again, and he would shake his head...again. Around Sept/Oct, Hunter gave me the ability to revoke ALL chat privileges minus /say after his weekly emails of butthurt. I didn't tell anyone, I didn't flaunt it, and I didn't use it until Jan 2014. I always gave that goon three strikes. If he were openly hostile, stupid, insulting, or attacking others...I gave him one strike per. He always hit two, but never hit three (as I had to log off or he went silent before that third). In Jan 2014, he was just particularly volatile and he hit his three strikes. I revoked all of his characters and continued with my day. He blew-the-fuck-up on Hunter with some long winded email. Hunter replied "stfu" and Peign ragequit that day. It wasn't until June or July did he come back to the server. He PMed me with an apology and asked if he would be welcome back. Both because I want to see the server grow and continue, and because I believe everyone gets one chance to redeem themselves (see the last year's worth of week long suspensions as further proof). He came back, spent 2 months or so being a GREAT player....then it started again. Slowly but surely, he started picking on other players, starting shit in OOC, harassing others, mocking people on forums, and other activities that effectively amount to 'climbing on that high horse' to look down on others. I try to stay out of others' affairs as much as possible as I don't have the time to babysit you ladies/gents/trolls. Most of you are adults and I simply don't have the time/energy to give a shit, much less do anything about it. He started with the super vocal and super hateful rants about changes (WHICH IS OK, SO LONG AS YOUR RANTS ARE CONSTRUCTIVE AND USEFUL, NOT JUST BITCHING!). He also turned to PM and emails about how he didn't like changes or how I was screwing up the server. He also started reporting the hell out of ANY post that ran contrary to his (or made him look like a fool...again. I had to setup a filter rule just for his post reports in my inbox). The last month or so (maybe three), he's been particularly volatile and rude to anyone/everyone. Insults/mocks/rips on most posts I make and almost ALL posts that the rest of you make. Finally, when he dropped his little butthurt post and then played the donation card, that was a last straw type of thing. Months (before ragequit and after) of being a toxic, rude, and generally useless individual coupled with his entitlement to whatever the fuck he felt like he wanted as the moment was too much.

Finally, I just started a new job. I'm living off my unused vacation pay + tax return right now. I'm going to pull money out of savings soon if the first check doesn't arrive. I do not touch donations as Akkadius keeps them in an isolated account to send chunks to Isa as she needs (or in a fairly regular interval...whichever comes first). Akkadius, on at least three occasions, has offered to buy Love and myself pizza (order online through dominos or whatever) when we pulled heavy nights or heavy weekends of work to get things ready (t9, halloween, dranik mini dungeons) as he knew I was giving up overtime to make this shit work for you guys.

After finishing this wall'o'text post, I'm actually going to leave the thread unlocked. I would like to see if anyone has any useful questions/complaints/concerns. Anyone threatening/attacking without any constructive or useful bits will be outright suspended in-game with forum privileges banned (yes, banned). Basic rule of the internet applies here, "Don't be a dick."

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2015, 01:29:59 pm »

I'm gonna stop beating the dead horse.

I understand where you're comming from, and like Fugi says, you can do whatever you want :-)
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2015, 05:05:46 pm »

Hunter did far more things to players than hate and certainly Akk, people just didn't bitch about that because he would handle that too.  Fact.
Decades

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2015, 06:38:35 pm »

Basic rule of the internet applies here, "Don't be a dick."
-Hate

That's actually a good life rule. If you treat everyone with respect, things will generally go well. If you run around acting like a dick, eventually someone is going to punch you in the face.

A large majority of the player base has a profound appreciation for you guys. Sadly the humble and appreciative rarely pick up the megaphone.

<Legacy of Steel>
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2015, 07:29:51 pm »

A large majority of the player base has a profound appreciation for you guys. Sadly the humble and appreciative rarely pick up the megaphone.

To EZ's credit (or humanity/the Internet's discredit) that does usually seem to happen with games and forums (not just EZ) . The dicks and trolls are very vocal on the forums and the good helpful players tend to keep off the forums.

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2015, 07:43:48 pm »

After finishing this wall'o'text post, I'm actually going to leave the thread unlocked. I would like to see if anyone has any useful questions/complaints/concerns. Anyone threatening/attacking without any constructive or useful bits will be outright suspended in-game with forum privileges banned (yes, banned). Basic rule of the internet applies here, "Don't be a dick."

-Hate

Maslow is a dick. Plain and simple but some people just don't know how to express what they need to say in a rational manor. We all do that sometimes, including myself. I would say that he has had some good points about certian things and horrible ones about others. Some of the accusations here from others is just ridiculous. I've played with the dude the last year as he and i both quit time to time but we all troll ... well a lot.... he did push the line but he's in a low spot in his life ... worse than you hate .... not going to get into it but we all hit bottom. Ban meh mute his ass or limit him to like 5 /ooc auc /tells a day ban forum filter his e-mail maybe he will shape up ... if not doesnt matter he cant prove it anyways but he has spent a lot of time on the server helped in other ways but a dick he may be
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2015, 10:24:58 pm »

I don't play much anymore, time, bored of the same rinse repeat but that's bound to happen with anything. I don't necessarily like the direction some things have taken here but I've always bit my tongue (for the most part) in respect to the work Hate and Akka have put in. I get that people get fed up at some point and just blow up but of course pulling what Maslow did into his rant with no real direction was ignorant and he deserved what he got.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2015, 11:56:13 pm »

If anyone, even Hate or Akk had insulted Hunter the way Peign has continually insulted Hate they would have been banned with the quickness. That was one of the quickest ways to get banned with Hunter. Got something bad you want to say about Hunter? You can do it, but do it respectfully and certainly don't be a dick about it. And Hunter extended that to other devs as well, and even players at times if someone got too carried away on the forums. Granted yes, this is not Hunter's playground anymore I am still glad to see Hate pull out some Hunter rules, (especially the don't be a dick rule) and enforce them in Hunter fashion.

And the bs about some people just having no filter, it is exactly that, bs. Peign was the way he was because he was allowed to continue to be that way. He has received warning and now his banning is a warning to others. You can criticize, but there are limits about the way you criticize.

I remember talking to Hunter once about some psychotic drama that I was in the middle of and all kinds of people around me got banned but I didn't. I always attributed it to the fact that while I was critical of the situation I never insulted Hunter. I remember telling Hunter the way I looked at it was you don't sit at a mans dinner table while eating food he has served you and say, 'Dude this shit tastes awful. What kind of cook are you?' If you want to say something like that you wait till you're on your way out the door. He laughed about that.

Peign was a jerk and was toxic for the server. Sure he had a few friends but hell, even the protagonist in the 'psychotic drama' had a few friends as have several other douches who have been banned. However when the majority of the server has a problem with one person then that one person has a problem with the majority of the server.

I say good call Hate.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2015, 12:40:36 am »

Basic rule of the internet applies here, "Don't be a dick."
-Hate

That's actually a good life rule. If you treat everyone with respect, things will generally go well. If you run around acting like a dick, eventually someone is going to punch you in the face.

He's alive! Shocked

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061