Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:41:47 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Random Musings/ Ideas  (Read 10842 times)
Dinadas

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2015, 09:35:42 am »

Idea #1 I thought of a simple fix to the CT essence situation.

Change Strike 2 augs to use qvic - increase demand for qvic and leave rest of recipes alone.

Items that start with qvic essences, would progress to CT so SoA, UW, Mana Neck would all still use them.

This might "balance" out CT bottleneck.

Idea #2

Reenable Mage CoH in t6.  New instance safe spot zone in code and OMM code nullifies original reason it was disabled.

Idea #3

Add 20-30 or so on level wisps to tiers where they fit in.

Suggest T1-t2, forest environment (Spread out through zone)

HoH maybe change forest giants minions to wisps

T7 again forest sections

T9 has the boss already

SLS farming is the only thing that requires stopping everything else you are doing, there is no exp gained, no other loot.  Everything else on the server has synergy.  Can now farm progression zones and gain resists, random charms, exp, etc while progression.  SLS requires halting everything but killing wisps.  If people could also passively gain them as they work on meaningful stuff I think it would fit into current server MO.

edit Idea 3

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 09:47:34 am by Woogie526 » Logged
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 04:36:27 pm »

+1 for idea #3

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 05:00:30 pm »

so fucken stupeed wat are you...wait..add wisps to more zones?...er...

ok...thats a good idea!~
 Grin

SLS farming is not the only reward-less farm in the game..if only..try farming gSOa

Gimble

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 09:35:11 am »

Just put GLS as drops on the mobs in CT.  Then we can farm only 1 zone for both the things that are the bottle neck simulataeously.

or let me turn in 40 CT rots for a essence or something since that would net me at least 1 an hour or something.  Hell make me turn in a whole set for one CT.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:38:35 am by Gimble » Logged
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 10:14:37 am »

I think its the combination of drop rate with the type zone it is that makes CT so damned annoying. The mazes and doors and water tunnels and walkways....if you're moving through slowly, with mobs that can put a hurtin on your group 2 or 3 at a time its one thing....but having to run through it all to mass clear (which is how 98% of the people farming it work it) its absolutely zero fun.

Live it was one of my favorite old world zones. Here its like gargling crushed glass.

Honestly.....adding a 1K expo crystal to it, chance for GSOA drop.....wisps with GLS chance (no need to add SLS chance)...any of those... would make this zone a lot less soul destroying, even when farming for strikes, SoA, necks, let alone UW.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 11:55:19 am »

I dont find the CT grind that bad..i just farmed 100 essence and it was not bad....just saying...i got 2-5 a clear and it did not take long to get the magic 100

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 12:35:17 am »

I dont find the CT grind that bad..i just farmed 100 essence and it was not bad....just saying...i got 2-5 a clear and it did not take long to get the magic 100

Lucky

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 01:04:08 am »

I don't get CT being a bottleneck zone, you don't need to farm crystals or tokens to turn in...can just kill mobs over and over until you get your essences.  The drop rate isn't outstanding in my experience, but it's right around 2 per 3 clears consistently and clears of that zone take less than 10 minutes...2 essences per 30 minutes doesn't seem bad at all to me.  Are people sure it isn't just because it's so god awful boring backfarming trivial content that they consider this some sort of difficult task?  2 essences per 30 mins seems pretty consistent, if not better than higher tiered zones' return rates.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 01:05:41 am »

Overall I had really bad rng in CT. I was getting a better essence rate in T9 than I was in CT.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 01:11:01 am »

I can get T9 essences pretty consistently quickly, but I'll pull more CT in the same amount of time spent farming as I do T9...I'd just rather do T9 because of the GLS, Plat, Exp and chances (albeit slim as fuck) at crystals and GSOA.
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 01:19:42 am »

CT zone needs crystals plat and gsoa. Fixed.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 01:35:41 am »

I disagree, I also disagree that this zone is somehow preventing people from progressing their characters at a reasonable rate in it's current iteration.  People that need CT essences can attain CT essences just from doing the content, why does it need to be juiced up to make it more fun?  Part of the idea of making it a grind is making it a grind, not dressing it up with flowers and perfume.
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 01:44:40 am »

I disagree, I also disagree that this zone is somehow preventing people from progressing their characters at a reasonable rate in it's current iteration.  People that need CT essences can attain CT essences just from doing the content, why does it need to be juiced up to make it more fun?  Part of the idea of making it a grind is making it a grind, not dressing it up with flowers and perfume.

I think you answered your own question. To make it more fun Smiley

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 03:12:58 am »

You've not given any sort of argument supporting your claim yet, you've simply quoted my preference to do relevant content that can drop relevant gear in the end game tier on the server. Unless you're trying to draw a parallel between the time invested requirement between T9 and not even T1.  If that's the case, it looks like you've just negated your claim.
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 04:24:53 am »

CT is boring. Adding something besides CT ess would make it less boring.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439