Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:50:24 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: EZserver and weapon delay  (Read 6316 times)
AcuteAnthrax

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2015, 05:03:56 pm »

I haven't been able to find anything about this on the wiki or the forums so thought I'd post here asking.

Someone asked in ooc last night why it felt like fighting with a 15 delay weapon seemed pretty slow and if EZ calculated attack delay differently. Someone replied saying they think that delay doesn't actually do anything really because there is a 40 delay hard cap input.

I was just wondering if this was true? I've notice that attacking does seem rather slow or 'delayed' but the only reason I ask is because it might change my mind on different weapons I am currently using as I've always been going by best ratio but if delay doesn't matter unless it's over 40 then this would probably change.

Thanks Smiley

~The Thanatos Instinct~
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 05:25:40 pm »

Delay is capped at 35 or something, so no need to consider.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 06:21:58 pm »

From the "Getting Started" section of the EZ Wiki, second section on that page:
And while we're on the topic of haste....this server has delay artificially set to 35 to combat lag, so melee haste (spell or item) is by and large irrelevant. Some spells that provide melee haste do add other nice effects, though, so check what each does before ignoring them.

Sorry.....to clarify: thats from the Official EZ Wiki, not Darpey's wiki.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 06:25:15 pm by Chunka » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
AcuteAnthrax

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 08:22:16 pm »

ahh.. there's the problem lol I've been using the un-official wiki since that's what came up first when I googled it, didn't realize there was another. Thanks for clarifying Chunka, will be bookmarking both now lol

~The Thanatos Instinct~
derekthom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 08:29:22 pm »

I use both as well, the unofficial wiki has a lot of useful information that the official doesn't.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 08:01:27 am »

Workin on that....in my copious spare time Tongue

Lately havent had time to play or do the wiki, but that will change soon. Going back to a normal....ish schedule at work.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Abattoir

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 09:22:31 am »

Does this apply to pet damage?  As in, should I not bother hasting my pet?
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 10:12:39 am »

pet attack speed was reduced because they where op ...then it was discovered that casters have no dps without pets...so now...I don't know...

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 11:59:55 am »

Well, to be fair they WERE overpowered.....mage with pet neck 9 and UC2 was doing 50% more dps than monk with NX9s and UC2. And while the nerf, if needed, was HUGE, Hate made some recent changes that pumped pet classes considerably, to the point that they come damned close to rangers or even non UW rogues for dps. Really the only pet classes anymore who are sheet dps would be beastlords....even with rank 50 earring, sadly.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:03:38 pm by Chunka » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 187