Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 06:14:52 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: SoT?  (Read 13219 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2015, 08:21:39 pm »

Once upon a time Hunter was looking at changing the SoT....how the quest worked, the rewards, possible SoTX upgrades. Is this still on the list down the road? Or off the table?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 12:34:28 am »

I hope it's still on the table.

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 06:56:13 am »

For those of us who didn't benefit from old halloween event.  It'd be nice if something in t10 dropped rank 5's or 8's like old halloween event.

Or If there was a new task for ranks 5-10, maybe high end bosses that task gives out rank 5's for completing, maybe tied to a daily or something. (To control pacing) or a drop off a daily boss would further slow down outfitting an army. Or make rank 5's purchasable with berries.

New format if just given a new task.

Rank 1(1 task)
Rank 2(2 tasks)
Rank 3(4 tasks)
Rank 4(8 tasks)
Rank 5(16 tasks)
Rank 6(17 tasks)
Rank7(19 tasks)
Rank 8(23 tasks)
Rank 9(31 tasks)
Rank 10(47 tasks)

I only suggest it because at one point it was speculated that no one on the server got a rank 10 from doing the task 512 times, and with no longer having it as part of halloween it might be worth a quick revisit to create an alternate path.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 08:02:24 am »

And/or find a way to upgrade the existing rank 10's. While I didnt get mine to 10 by just doing the quest, I did get it to rank 8. Was still a lot of work, for an item that now sits in my bank. I wouldnt mind seeing a way to make it usable again.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 11:10:36 am »

Scepter of Time

If the SoT was going to be revamped, I would be more in favor of making the old SoT's "legacy" and making the quest give an entirely new SoT... it's INSANELY impractical to complete the whole quest

Rank 1 = 1
Rank 2 = 2
Rank 3 = 4
Rank 4 = 8
Rank 5 = 16
Rank 6 = 32
Rank 7 = 64
Rank 8 = 128
Rank 9 = 256
Rank 10 = 512

Five Hundred and Twelve times to get a SoTX

To retroactively make the SoTX a good item would give those that looted it from 2 halloweens ago unbalancedly good compared to the time commitment required to complete the quest.

Just my opinion.

I would be in favor of making a SoT 2.0 that was really good tho... appropriate to the time commitment, because as it stands now it's ABSOLUTELY not worth doing - except to get rank 1 for a pulling device (since it's longer range than bow)

Something along the lines of making each rank a GOOD item for its respective tier (e.g. Rank 9 would be better than Freeport's Arc of Pain) - Just a thought

I would say put mitigation on it... but warriors are already too close to the ceiling on that - maybe 1% mitigation every 3 levels? Just throwing numbers out

CHUNKA

Holy cow - you got yours to rank 8? Wow... THAT should be rewarded though... IDK - maybe make the rank 10s legacy and any other number not legacy... - Kudos for doing that damn quest 128 times.

I would put good money to bet that every rank 10 was either purchased with credits or Halloween related
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:23:07 am by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 11:24:49 am »

Rank 1(1 task)
Rank 2(2 tasks)
Rank 3(4 tasks)
Rank 4(8 tasks)
Rank 5(16 tasks)
Rank 6(17 tasks)
Rank7(19 tasks)
Rank 8(23 tasks)
Rank 9(31 tasks)
Rank 10(47 tasks)

Much better system than what is currently in place - the doubling of time commitment every level is crazy - although in this example there's an 8 task gap between rank 4 and 5, then a 1 task gap between 5 and 6... but something more linear rather than exponential anyway

Rank 1 (1 task)
Rank 2 (2 tasks)
Rank 3 (4 tasks)
Rank 4 (7 tasks)
Rank 5 (11 tasks)
Rank 6 (16 tasks)
Rank 7 (23 tasks)
Rank 8 (31 tasks)
Rank 9 (40 tasks)
Rank 10 (50 tasks)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:34:53 am by Darpey » Logged

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 11:34:49 am »

Rank 1(1 task)
Rank 2(2 tasks)
Rank 3(4 tasks)
Rank 4(8 tasks)
Rank 5(16 tasks)
Rank 6(17 tasks)
Rank7(19 tasks)
Rank 8(23 tasks)
Rank 9(31 tasks)
Rank 10(47 tasks)

Much better system than what is currently in place - the doubling of time commitment every level is crazy - although in this example there's an 8 task gap between rank 4 and 5, then a 1 task gap between 5 and 6... but something more linear rather than exponential anyway

Well My suggestion was at rank 5 you would get a new task that gives rank 5's so the new task would start over again.
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 11:35:18 am »

Aah gotcha - a new task would break up the monotony
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:36:57 am by Darpey » Logged

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 11:37:30 am »

Alternatively, what if you completed the task only once per level, but with different (harder) mobs each time? - boss mobs being the difficulty of the tier above them, and the SoT was as good as the tier above itself

For example

Rank 4 required that you kill ten boss mobs of T5 difficulty, and rewarded you with a range item statistically on par with T6 range, or at least better than what you would otherwise be able to achieve at the group's ability level.

This would put some really fun fights into the game. You'd be grinding mobs that you can kill easily in your tier... but you'd be trying to kill EPIC mobs in a fight for the next SoT that you have to work hard to kill... strategy and whatnot.

I like that idea.

Rank 8 would be Priest of Reanimation level difficulty, and reward with an item better than Freeport arc of Pain

Rank 9 would be harder than any mob currently in game, and would reward with an item that would be significantly better than any range item currently in game

Rank 10 would be unkillable until geared T10 (and still maybe even then), and would reward with who knows what.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:43:34 am by Darpey » Logged

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 11:43:36 am »

Alternatively, what if you completed the task only once per level, but with different (harder) mobs each time? - boss mobs being the difficulty of the tier above them, and the SoT was as good as the tier above itself

For example

Rank 4 required that you kill ten boss mobs of T5 difficulty, and rewarded you with a range item statistically on par with T6 range, or at least better than what you would otherwise be able to achieve at the group's ability level.

This would put some really fun fights into the game. You'd be grinding mobs that you can kill easily in your tier... but you'd be trying to kill EPIC mobs in a fight for the next SoT that you have to work hard to kill... strategy and whatnot.

I like that idea.

If we had scalelable instance that would work.  It'd be alot of redudancy to make 10 or 12 separate boss chains, but if the current mobs gained abilities each tier with new wrinkles that could be fun.
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 11:46:50 am »

Yeah the new boss mobs don't even have to be in the same zone. Hell, make a mob in Blackburrow the Rank 3 boss... and then a mob in Paw the rank 4 boss, and then a mob in Lake of Ill Omen the rank 5 boss...

Whatever

Recreate some scaled-up old-school encounters  Grin would be a party
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:50:38 am by Darpey » Logged

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 11:53:57 am »

Yeah the new boss mobs don't even have to be in the same zone. Hell, make a mob in Blackburrow the Rank 3 boss... and then a mob in Paw the rank 4 boss, and then a mob in Lake of Ill Omen the rank 5 boss...

Whatever

Just from a development time perspective I don't think it's worth Hate's time to create 100 new encounters.
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 12:00:52 pm »

Whatever

Just from a development time perspective I don't think it's worth Hate's time to create 100 new encounters.

I agree, with this idea I was thinking only 1 boss per rank... Or two. Just pick an existing mob and change hp and damage and a tweak or two. Maybe I'm still naive and this would take more time than I'm envisioning... In my mind it seems relatively simple. But I don't know the hate/akka side of things

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 01:12:31 pm »

Hell, I wouldnt mind seeing it a whole new item, and maybe KEEP the existing mobs for the quest, beef em up a bit, or maybe mix it up a bit and use other mobs.....but make it linear. 1 and 1 for a 2, 2 and 1 for a 3, 3 and 1 for a 4, etc. Maybe make a drop from the bosses for the quest, and make you combine previous rank item plus the drop, plus GSoA.....maybe even add in an EoN for good measure. Make it hard, but not the massive, soul destroying time sink it is now.....for an item that goes into a slot that you can get better for from a T8 drop.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 01:18:43 pm »

why do we need this? mine sits in a bag for pulling....

not trying to troll just a legit question

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061