Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 07:29:20 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: How the Server dies...  (Read 16332 times)
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 12:22:35 pm »

Something that would probably help... Just destroy me for it... it will take time...

You have your Tiered zones. Why not link them to a dungeon for "raiding" with others? So Tier can drop your standard items like it does now. Dungeon for "Raiding" will drop essences, jewelry with sweet clickies, and armor power sources that when combined w/that tier armor will create a new armor with additional stats, effects, resists etc.

This "Dungeon" would be extremely hard compared to what the tier is and would satisfy those who want that type of gaming. I'm talking multiple healers, oh shit moments, off tanking, strategy etc.

Just an idea. A lot of work but I believe it could evolve to something to take the standard go into zone X and slay mobs for hours... then what... oh ya wait another year for another tier or farm more UW's.

Keeze
Akito1221

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 08:13:56 pm »

AS someone who hates outside.  I've just not been around because this is my busiest month of the year.

Musical over in 1 week thankfully.

If outside is so good, why has mankind spent thousands of years trying to perfect inside? -Sheldon Cooper
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 08:35:42 pm »

While I am all for harder content and encouraging cooperation, Hate already has a plate so full he cant even eat a "wafer thin mint". Dont think we should start ladling him bowls of stew.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hank Hill

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 09:14:24 am »

Yeah the server has its ups and downs. i go "afk" for 6 months sometimes, because the grind gets to long. But some day i am in the mood and then i start playing again. been that way for as long as i have been on the server. Waiting on new things, RL hits you, bored etc etc etc.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 03:11:38 pm »

I know what you are saying chunks and that would lead to my next suggestion. Let ppl help. Promote someone to a demi developer. Give access to a test server and let them go nuts with developing a zone. If it passes the standard for hate it can go live.

Keeze
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 03:18:16 pm »

^ yea if we have someone or some team with the skill set...that would be great.

As long as they could work with hate and be cool with him calling the shots....problem i see is people being people and having a hate /newperson faction that ends up blowing up hate and then we all just go splat....just saying!

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2015, 05:35:07 pm »

The sky is falling. Halp.

People have lives, they realize it's nice outside, numbers slope this time of year like any.

Hate is changing jobs, I've been insanely busy.

Before you know it we'll explode with goodies

The amount of doomsdaying is ridiculous

EZ Server GM
Woodee

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2015, 07:42:31 pm »

The sky is falling? It just got nice outside too! S.O.B
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 02:51:22 pm »

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2015, 07:36:05 pm »

Sutiea

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 08:25:42 pm »

Hi there!  Cheesy

Here's my 2 cents on stuff... idk if it will help or not;  I mean it can either be taken as completely useless (i.e. ROFL N00B NO ONE CARES!) or a brutally honest viewpoint from the outside looking in.

I played here really casually for 2 years or so.. and fully quit around the time T5 was revamped (when bosses started being casters.. so like half a year ago? I can't remember).  Only had a few UC1 done and made it to T6, so... far far from uber type player!  I'm here right now because I like to see what's new or what neat content is being updated from time to time.  I don't know why Sad

Anyway, I pray my post isn't taken as a troll and/or a rant.  It's just being honest (and of course, JUST one person's opinion!).  Here goes:

What made this server easy to quit was the community.  I just really got the impression after a good while that the player base here on EZ is generally just a negative bunch.  It was apparent in /ooc and apparent here on the msg boards.  IMO this is no surprise when you look at the format of this server:  It's a solo server.  Your 18 boxes don't count as group play.  There is no /ooc 70 mag LFG.  Ever.  Everyone is wrapped up doing their own thing.  Nothing wrong with that, but don't be surprised when people who are looking to play one character and have fun grouping don't stick around.

I personally enjoyed boxing on live, and would sometimes box on raids.  It was fun! ..with 2 boxes ~_~ I think it's awesome when I see the videos of some of you guys handling three groups with macros and doing a jillion dps.  Unfortunately I just found trying to box a full group to be cumbersome and inefficient at best; downright maddening at worst.  But this is a 'suit yourself' type of thing, for sure!  It's just the reason I personally was turned off by EZ the further I went.  If you guys are wondering why the population is getting stagnant... I dunno... this may be a possible reason why /shrug !

Hunter... sigh... I got the impression he knew his plan, knew what he was doing, knew how to balance stuff, knew how to best go forward.  Everything.  I think everyone really trusted his ideas and vision for the server.  I really can't say the same for new management.  Not trying to hurt any feelings so I'll leave it at that.

Lastly, a big turn-off was just the one-two punch of a lack of fresh ideas + timesinks.  As I was rolling through T6 confidently, it just hit me like a truck:  okay, now you'll have to do this literally hundreds of times before you're set for T7.  ...and all it really was for was just so I could turn this 6k item into a 8k item (or whatever the actual value was  Embarrassed ).  Wait, didn't I just do this process in T5 ?  Yup!!

Anyway, feel free to pick apart my post!  It's a great server honestly and I pray that it'll stay healthy just for you guys sake!  Be kind to each other  Kiss
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 08:43:23 pm »

Appreciate the posts. Sutiea, if I can't take criticism then I probably shouldn't be running the server if I don't know where I stand.

I understand what you're saying about content however the analysis you're making on 'existing' management is of content Tiers that were created during Hunter's time here on the server.

It might be a newsflash for people but everytime a new Tier came out on EZ, Hunter and Basher secretly thought it would be the last thing that would kill the server because its always been insane increments stats and it gets more and more difficult to scale and keep content interesting.

I'm personally not worried about population, this time of the year (Spring) the same thing happens literally with every other game. People get involved with many things outside when its nice and have plenty of other things to do in life. This is a normal occurrence in my mind.

Even our EQEmu Development staff activity dips, the story is no different.

For now I'm locking the thread not because of any specific reason of avoidance because I just stated acceptance of peoples concern, but because doomsday-ing and inspiring negative thoughts doesn't really do anyone any good.

Thanks Everyone.

-Akka

EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057