Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 09:32:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: graphic bugs?  (Read 10890 times)
deljr

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2015, 03:44:14 pm »

I recently joined EZ server and created a Barbarian warrior. Gave him all the goodies I read on forums about and started to do the beginner quests in SFG. Once out of SFG, I noticed some graphical and play problems.

1) in combat, my toon is not swinging his weapon

2) chat log is only showing that my toon is kicking and scoring damage via DS, I assume from the Buff Bot. No weapon damage is showing in chat window at all

3) endurance bar is bouncing from full to empty and back like a yoyo on crack

4) in SFG, using the practice dummy, combat is working normally. Graphically, chat log recording and endurance bar.

So the problem seems to be once I leave SFG and venture to FoB, Paludal Caverns, forget the zone the dwarf sent me and finally to Dulak's Harbor.

I don't know about anyone else, but not being able to see the visual combat of my toon, is a put off. I went from level 1 to level 41 in a few hours, basically DSing mobs to death. Which in itself is pretty sad.

Of course, on a side note, I'm not really a fan of handing out a ton of overdone party treats to new characters. Not sure of the logic but it really robs the feeling of any sense of accomplishment in the game. Just my opinion.

Anyway, the point of this message was to point out the combat problems outside of SFG.

Thanks
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 03:50:12 pm »

Chances are it's your client that is causing the issues, nothing sounds server side at all..

as for handing stuff out..
EZ doesn't even start until level 70 really with PoTime being the 1st challenging zone along with your 1.5 run.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 03:53:44 pm »

What Fugi said is 100% correct, the server doesn't start until you've hit level 70, take a look at http://www.ezserverwiki.com/ for information about progression and the different zones.

Sadly, I can't speak to what the issue may be with the issues you are seeing, but there are people with lots of experience on the client and surely someone will chime in with suggestions.

Welcome to EZ, hopefully you get through the bumps and stay a while.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 03:55:59 pm »

You need uf or rof2 with updated spell files make sure you have the skill trained and that there isn't a required lvl on the weapon. Your filters might not show melee dmg as well
deljr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 08:53:35 pm »

To start, thank you for the replies.

I am using the RoF2 client. I had downloaded the EZ file pack, but to my embarrassment, I forgot to load it up. Did that and some of the issues were fixed, namely seeing the swords actually swinging now. Also the chat window is now displaying my damage output altho with the monstrous damage assigned to these weapons, the fights don't last long enough to see but one or two damage statements. lol

The 3rd thing I mentioned was the endurance bar fluctuating wildly. Its not as bad now but still way more crazy than eqlive ever was concerning endurance. Not sure why, but I'm not sweating that.

Concerning comments about this server not even starting until level 70, sadly if I had known that I might not have even tried to join. But since I'm here and my toon is now level 45 after killing just a few more pirates in Dulak's, (crazy xp) I may as well stay around til at least level 70 and see whats in store for me there. TBH tho, top end game play in any of these mmo's has never really been my cup of tea. I think soe burnt me out after years of pathetic time sinks and ridiculous mob progression.

At any rate, thanks again for the responses. Appreciated it.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 09:33:28 pm »

I love this server, it keeps some of the eq nostalgic content and adds so much more that it's an enjoyable blend. Get to 70 and work some of the custom content. It's not endgame stuff just new progression.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 10:19:17 pm »

A few things.....

First, ezserverwiki.com is a spiffy resource....later, in my opinion. Trying to use just this as a guide when you first start seems to confuse many. Something else confusing to many.....thats not the ez server wiki, despite the name. Its a wiki someone else started who didnt like the layout of the official wiki.

Dont get me wrong.....this other wiki can be a GREAT resource! But you might initially get a better view of what the server is about by checking out the ez server wiki, which you can find in the links on the left side of this forum (Official EZ Wiki).

Second, 1 to 70 on EZ isnt even a warmup. These levels wont give you an idea of what the game here is like, because 1 to 70 here is pretty much Everquest, same as live, but with added exp, overpowered gear for the level and a bunch of what seem like "gimmes" (which end up having little to no real impact on the actual game content here). What makes EZ different and fun is its custom content, which starts when you hit 70. The good news? A retarded one armed monkey can, using MQ2,  create a 6 man box team, get all 6 to 70 inside of 4 hours with zero high level help.....then literally get all 6 their 1.5 epics within the next 6 to 8 hours and be ready to start seeing some actual custom content (which really starts ramping up after you get your 2.02.5 and hit Qvic).

You wont know what this server is like til you start working Qvic, CT and PoDragons (Storms). At its heart EZ bears little real resemblance to Everquest.

Third, a few players have had the endurance issues you described....and every one I've helped hasnt had the spell and dbstr_us.txt files installed correctly. Once they did, no more of those exact endo issues. Now....they DID see some, but thats mostly because they have access to AA/discs/abilities from live that sucked up endurance pretty fast, without the gear designed to offset the massive endurance drains. All I can say is that once you get to T1 gear (PoStorms and 3.0) those issues almost completely vanish.

Fourth...any game worth playing will have time sinks and progression. If it doesnt its a boring piece of shit designed to give instant gratification to pathetic tweeners who would have absolutely zero sense of accomplishment in their lives if they didnt have "uber" items they could show off and brag about to others of their ilk. Not that they brag about GETTING the item, mind you, or the accomplishment associated with such....just that they HAVE it and can boast that they have X more hps than the next guy. Sadly there are so many of these fools out there that whole businesses have arisen devising systems to "score" gear worn, allowing these wastes of carbon an easier means of waving their imaginary penises about.....

Sorry, I digress. Bottom line.....if it doesnt take time and effort its worthless. Why play? No challenge = no fun for everyone but the aforementioned imbeciles. If its too easy you get bored and find other things to do (which is why EZ currently has about half its steady top end players MIA....they're waiting for new content to be released). EZ doesnt mean "easy", as you've no doubt heard. Actual content here is a bit challenging and does take some time investment. BUT....because of how EZ is structured (boxing server, MQ2 allowed) you can progress on your own terms. No need to spend hours finding just the right mix of players to conquer content and flag/gear for heavier stuff.....you can build your own group YOU control completely from one screen. Only have an hour or two to play? Log in your goon squad, get right to it! No LFG, no feeling like a jerk for leaving a group without a needed class, etc. Still want to team up with someone? Make a raid, each of you playing a group or 2....and see no penalty to exp for the raid!

EZ is a server that has all the challenge old EQ had....some of the availability of socialization and cooperation....but none of the monotony of spending hours getting people together for a 15 minute encounter. If you really give it an honest try (which means making a box team and getting to T1/T2 you'll probably never go to another emu server. Yes, its that good.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 10:23:12 pm by Chunka » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 10:50:45 pm »

Glad you're playing dig Smiley I'm on an iPad so I'll be quick. I loved the 1-70 on EZ... And plane of time was so much fun when breaking in. I'm jealous of the position you're in. In short, welcome, stay a while Smiley

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
deljr

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 11:40:42 am »

Update on my toon from previous post. Later that same evening I got him to level 52. Proceeded to then go to Velks Lair and remembered how much I hated that zone in eqlive. Will find an alternative to leveling further. lol

But inserting my editorial opinion here, if I may, as fun as it was to level that fast in one day, most likely due to years of plodding xp grind in eqlive, I don't think I could do that to many times before it completely bored me to tears.

I'm wondering, if what you guys say is true about EZ starting at level 70, why don't the people who run this server offer the option to create a level 70 right from the start. Level 70 toon with all the appropriate gear and let loose the dogs of war at 70? I mean this isn't eq, really. It's another animal altogether based on eq. Just a thought.

@ Chunka, that was one heck of an endorsement. While reading it I was all psyched to make my 6man team and go on a rampage. lol Then I remembered I am to stupid to even figure out how to even make macroquest or wineq work. I've tried and I am seemingly incapable of understanding those programs. My shortcoming. I try and follow some guide or instructions and then I see what they are saying is not matching what is on my screen. wtf>?!? Stopped in my tracks.  Sad

When I tried to 2box or one time 3box in the past, it was with full screens doing the alt+tab thing or I even tried to make 2 smaller screens side by side on the monitor and then just cick the mouse on the one I wanted to use. Both proved to be more work than I wanted to do and the smaller screens were very unsatisfying visually. Back in 2003 to 2004 or so, not sure of the exact dates, I 2 boxed a druid/warrior combo to level 65. Burnt me out. I found some guy who 2boxed a war and shaman and he let me join him with my druid. I had a lot more fun. Made 70 with the druid.

Personally, I like mmo's for the immersion factors and exploring and basically being engrossed in the game with 1 character. More than that and its not an immersion in a game reality but a mass game rape using so many characters at once I cant see how anyone can possibly enjoy and character identify. The toons become tools to solve the riddle that is the game. I think in todays mmo enviorment, I am a lost breed. I'm stuck in 1999-2004. Sad

As for the comments about the dick waving players, I've seen that far to much for my taste in playing mmo's, so I agree with you 100% on what you were saying. I want to work and earn my way and take satisfaction in a job well done. My comments about time sinks are not directed at long quests or hard work, but at soe's version of sitting in one spot and camping a single mob who may or may not spawn and once spawned may or may not drop the one item needed to progress on the quest. One example was my monk in eqlive camping some mob in lower guk for an item needed for epic 1.0. Camp lasted over 80 hours of game time! That is not fun. Let me kill some PH's for awhile to spawn the mob and let the mob always drop said item. I firmly believe soe created time sinks to keep players paying for subs longer thus soe collects more $$. A BS logic since it doesn't factor in how many people quit in frustration and hence lost subs equal lost $$. Yikes, I went on a rant there lol

Wow, this turned into a long post. Sorry.

Oh well, like I mentioned above, I'll play my warrior til at least 70, but if the comments above are any indication of what I am to expect, a lone warrior has zero chance or progressing thru the upper levels of the game. I have my style of playing and ultimately this server may not be my cup of tea. It may be a great game as these eqemu's go, we'll see if it's for me.

Good luck to all you guys with your EZ adventures  Smiley
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 01:10:26 pm »

I'm wondering, if what you guys say is true about EZ starting at level 70, why don't the people who run this server offer the option to create a level 70 right from the start. Level 70 toon with all the appropriate gear and let loose the dogs of war at 70? I mean this isn't eq, really. It's another animal altogether based on eq. Just a thought.

Two reasons
1. 1-70 is fun
2. 1-70 is the "tutorial" for EZ... learn MacroQuest... relearn EQ basics...

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 01:12:18 pm »

@ Chunka, that was one heck of an endorsement. While reading it I was all psyched to make my 6man team and go on a rampage. lol Then I remembered I am to stupid to even figure out how to even make macroquest or wineq work. I've tried and I am seemingly incapable of understanding those programs. My shortcoming. I try and follow some guide or instructions and then I see what they are saying is not matching what is on my screen. wtf>?!? Stopped in my tracks.  Sad

MacroQuest Guide

Follow these steps... should break it all down for you

If not PLEASE reply or PM how it was confusing, and I will adapt the page - it's sometimes hard to write a "how-to" article on something that's second nature to most of us... but is realistically confusing to new players.

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 01:19:05 pm »

Personally, I like mmo's for the immersion factors and exploring and basically being engrossed in the game with 1 character. More than that and its not an immersion in a game reality but a mass game rape using so many characters at once I cant see how anyone can possibly enjoy and character identify. The toons become tools to solve the riddle that is the game. I think in todays mmo enviorment, I am a lost breed. I'm stuck in 1999-2004. Sad

I feel immersed in my characters - Darpey is my alter-ego... definitely feel a connection there. My others characters feel like my children. Err... my nerd score just doubled :/

Oh well, like I mentioned above, I'll play my warrior til at least 70, but if the comments above are any indication of what I am to expect, a lone warrior has zero chance or progressing thru the upper levels of the game. I have my style of playing and ultimately this server may not be my cup of tea. It may be a great game as these eqemu's go, we'll see if it's for me.

This article may be helpful in your group makeup
Creating Your Characters

As JUST a warrior... you won't be successful post 70. You need two classes bare bones - Warrior and healer (Paladin or Cleric) - once you have those... you won't DIE as much, and you can tackle a lot. You'll just be short on DPS...

Which means you need (or definitely should at some point) add a DPS character. Berserker is a great choice as a new player... their epic does Area of Effect damage, which is invaluable for DPS. Other options could be Ranger, Rogue, Monk, Bard.

After those three, it's just more DPS and utility.

If I were you I'd run another 2 characters to 70 after getting your Warrior there... (or before) a healer and another DPS.

It sounds super tedious to play even three characters at once. However, we (EZ Players) aren't lying when we say running 12 is easy once you have MQ knowledge. Running 3 will be a pain at first, but after the first 30 minutes it'll be fine.

Have fun!

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 02:22:09 pm »

I have my style of playing and ultimately this server may not be my cup of tea.

Sounds like you may want to try P99.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 05:13:36 pm »

Every server has challenges, and a certain amount of grind.  I have played many that are no longer on the load up list because they sucked badly for one or more reasons.  EZ has been around a long time because it presents a challenge and is a very stable system.  If you are upset that it's too easy... stick around and start your progression.  I assure you it is quite a challenge once you hit 70.

The main challenge for beginners here is whipping MQ2 into shape, because you cannot survive as a single toon.  Darpey gave you some solid advice.  Follow the WIKI.

In order to get moving with multiple toons I spent many hours on mqemulator.net asking questions and finally arrived at some very simple solutions that allowed me to progress more smoothly.  I learned to make simple hotkeys and I listed them here :

http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1054

Once you have those loaded up on your main toon life on EZ becomes ... smoother.

You can follow the advice given by others or find yourself playing another server with different challenges.  Your choice of course, but there is a reason EZ has such a loyal following.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 05:32:50 pm »

Moo

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081