Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 02:24:38 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Immaterium  (Read 24112 times)
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2015, 02:09:21 am »

is officially way, way, too close now.

Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 05:40:06 am »

I agree, it was meant to keep people from bouncing pets from mob to mob to mob pulling stuff from across an entire zone, the first day the change came out pet range was shortened, and it seems to be getting shorter once a week. Def not a change thats enhancing fun or challenge in the game, just making a few trivial parts of it a little more annoying.

Krinkle Sprinkle
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 06:32:59 am »

?
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 02:05:13 pm »

Yea I have noticed if I am pulling my pets always poof because they are slow asses..  is this game ruining feature? no... is it annoying...yes

Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 12:33:42 pm »

Yeah can we not let this thread just poof off into the immaterium, its getting super super annoying to have to stop and wait on my pet every 10 seconds of running, all pet classes have become absolute burndens and a detriment to my group.

Krinkle Sprinkle
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 12:55:52 pm »

Easy fix, really. Give the pets the same run speed buff as the master.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 01:32:56 pm »

Or just increase the poof distance back to something reasonable.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 03:19:50 pm »

Whats the point of the poof thing for pets?

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 03:33:25 pm »

Players were abusing Pet Dynamics

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 04:30:49 pm »

Yes, but the immaterium was, as someone said, added for a reason. Increasing the run speed to match the casters would address that exploit still and prevent the issue of pets poofing because they run slower than my dead grandmother.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 04:44:08 pm »

I think it was fine after poof was first added. It seems to have gotten progressively more ridiculous.

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 05:48:51 pm »

Yes, but the immaterium was, as someone said, added for a reason. Increasing the run speed to match the casters would address that exploit still and prevent the issue of pets poofing because they run slower than my dead grandmother.

he said slower! hahahaha

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 07:36:48 pm »

Hushed Banquet - Epic 2.5

Hotbutton:
Pet target nearest npc
Pet attack

^ Spam that

Get key

The pet distance wasn't calculated from the PLAYER, it's calculated from the PET... so you could chain your way through the entire zone, while the player sat at ZIN... or in QVic you could strategically have your pet "attack" mobs in a distance chain to get it to kill any mob in zone - or even bring it to zin for you.

Although before immaterium was added, the Hushed Banquet was fixed... by making pets unsummonable in the zone
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:38:50 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 11:07:06 pm »

I agree when the change was first made it was perfect, I understand the need for it, but i mean, are we REALLY that damn worried about being able to pull phinny from zone in with a pet? Thats such a huge exploit that its worth us all having to deal with this super shitty pet range.   (I know there are other things phinny was just an example) And I dont mean any disrespect to hate when Im sayin this stuff, Im a big fan of just giving things a shot and imo we should do that more. I think we gave immaterium a shot, and it worked out well, then we shortened the range on it, and it has not worked out well for alot of us. And I see no harm in just putting it back at the original change.

Krinkle Sprinkle
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2015, 07:27:19 am »

I'm a fan of fixing the root of the problem, remove the range restriction, publicly post that you get 1 warning, if you are caught doing something you shouldn't a second time, you get a free vacation.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439