Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 07:46:29 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Source Update 6/23/2015  (Read 53996 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2015, 07:46:23 am »

NPC ID: 130089
Name: a ghoulish creature
DB Runspeed: 3.35
#showstats Runspeed: 137
GMRunspeed Speed: ~158

With GM Runspeed (obscenely fast), they were nearly keeping up with me. Below is the update that broke it.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/commit/788959a5e287e07006419c3532668315c0a931d1

Using this formula:
Code:
// neotokyo: sanity check
+ if (runspeed < 0 || runspeed > 20)
+ runspeed = 1.25f;
+ base_runspeed = (int)((float)runspeed * 40.0f); #runspeed is 3.5, base_runspeed is 134
(omitted)
+ } else {
+ base_walkspeed = base_runspeed * 100 / 265; #(134 * 100 / 265 = 50.56)
+ walkspeed = ((float)base_walkspeed) * 0.025f; #(50.56 * 0.025 = 1.26)
+ base_fearspeed = base_runspeed * 100 / 127; #(134 * 100 / 127 = 105.11)
+ fearspeed = ((float)base_fearspeed) * 0.025f; #(105.11 * 0.025 = 2.26775)
+ }

No idea why or how this made sense to some one. Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture?

-Hate
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 08:42:34 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2015, 08:48:47 am »

3.35 DB runspeed is insanely fast now.. if you can get a hold of secrets I think he knows more about the runspeed stuff :p

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2015, 09:45:04 am »

3.35 DB runspeed is insanely fast now.. if you can get a hold of secrets I think he knows more about the runspeed stuff :p

Before this update, 3.35 was quick but below Fastest Travel clickie by a fair margin. Now 3.35 is damn near warp speed...

Additionally, some of the mobs were using 5-6 in the tiers we used to group up and clear Nate. :-)

-Hate

P.S. - This change seems to have broken modifynpcstat's "runspeed" option. Mentioned possible fix in irc. These gigantic, sweeping changes are ...frustrating.  Angry
Hateborne> Having issues with modifynpcstat working as a command or in a perl script. Regardless of what I use when calling it, the mob's speed does not change in the slightest.
<Hateborne> Any recent changes to this that I've missed? :-)
<Hateborne> With Haynar's changes (https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/commit/788959a5e287e07006419c3532668315c0a931d1) should line 1932 in npc.cpp not read something like this...
<Hateborne> else if(id == "runspeed") { runspeed = (float)atof(val.c_str()); CalcBonuses(); return; } # old
<Hateborne> else if(id == "runspeed") { runspeed = (int)atof(val.c_str()); SetCurrentSpeed(runspeed); return; } # new
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:15:06 am by hateborne » Logged

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2015, 12:07:28 pm »

Can't we just bump up fastest travel clickies and BU to offset the increase? Even with FT, BU or my clickie up I'm noticing mobs are attacking me and stopping aka they move much faster than even FT.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2015, 12:52:05 pm »

Can't we just bump up fastest travel clickies and BU to offset the increase? Even with FT, BU or my clickie up I'm noticing mobs are attacking me and stopping aka they move much faster than even FT.

No. The mobs are running unholy fast. Let's fix the problem instead of just band-aid'ing it up.

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2015, 02:04:58 pm »

Couldnt help but notice on pet stats that pets are lacking a stonewall now on stats. Is the stats bugged or is the stonewall gone? Also I am seeing more lag than I've seen on EZ in....months. TONS of loot lag, any zone. DB hits?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2015, 02:19:34 pm »

Couldnt help but notice on pet stats that pets are lacking a stonewall now on stats. Is the stats bugged or is the stonewall gone? Also I am seeing more lag than I've seen on EZ in....months. TONS of loot lag, any zone. DB hits?

I just answered this in the last thread. Posting in multiple places is ...less than helpful. No, the DB hits have been RADICALLY reduced and the debug mode all but disabled (compared to when Akk/I picked up EZ).

-Hate

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2015, 04:17:52 pm »

.. duct tape...

What about players without those clicks..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2015, 04:24:41 pm »

I have been having an issue where in the middle of every pull no matter what zone I am in I dicconect from the server

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2015, 04:32:08 pm »

I just answered this in the last thread. Posting in multiple places is ...less than helpful. No, the DB hits have been RADICALLY reduced and the debug mode all but disabled (compared to when Akk/I picked up EZ).

-Hate

Maybe to you but i havent seen another post about this. I only really check ez forms.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2015, 04:56:00 pm »

Maybe to you but i havent seen another post about this. I only really check ez forms.

He posted it ~10min before in the second most recent thread [Immaterium thread]... (went to grab link, post was removed). :-)

-Hate

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2015, 06:08:06 pm »

Quote from: warrior5 on Today at 12:07:28 PM

.. duct tape...

What about players without those clicks..

You can borrow mine Fugi.. mine don't seem to work for me anyway....  Grin
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 06:10:26 pm by Mixlor » Logged
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2015, 06:31:30 pm »

After talking with a few players. It seems that the health bar stops updating (some report at 50% some at 70% some have no change in bar) i have noticed that i have huge jumps in my update time with the health bar as well. (self hp health bar)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2015, 06:39:37 pm »

I just answered this in the last thread. Posting in multiple places is ...less than helpful.

Didnt post it in more than one place Cheesy I removed the one when I discovered it was in the wrong thread, then moved it here. So nyah nyah nyah freakin nyah nyah. Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Adidis

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2015, 07:25:57 pm »

After talking with a few players. It seems that the health bar stops updating (some report at 50% some at 70% some have no change in bar) i have noticed that i have huge jumps in my update time with the health bar as well. (self hp health bar)

I've noticed this. I'm in the 70-77% before updates stop depending on buffless and up to T9 buffs. On my boxes the health updates completely normally for myself though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)