Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 09:35:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Connectivity Issues  (Read 4639 times)
Nullyn Void

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2015, 07:27:48 pm »

Been trying to log in most of the day with very poor results.  I am not exactly sure what is wrong, but I do not think it is on my end, and am curious if anyone else has been experiencing this or has any ideas on how to address it. 

I was playing all weekend without any issues, I was able to load all of my characters in the first time and had minimal DC's all weekend.. probably less than 5 total.  I have not changed any settings on my computer at all in weeks, and the only changes I have made to my install of everquest was updating my spell and server files earlier today hoping that it may help even though it shouldn't (and wasn't) be related to my issues.

When I get past the main splash screen of everquest to the login screen I put in my password and then get 1 of 2 results: 1) it takes me to server select and gives me no issues, or 2) it hangs for 5-15 seconds and then gives me an error reading "A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online. blah blah blah".   

If I am able to make it past that screen and onto the server select screen I am sometimes greeted with yet another error message saying something along the lines (sorry for not being able to be specific it doesnt pop up often) of "your client seems out of date please relog and run the patcher before proceeding".  When I get this error it does not seem to make a difference as I am able to just press ok and go about my business of selecting EZ Server.  When I do this however it either sends me through to character select as normal or hangs for a bit, around 30seconds, and then pops me back to the login screen.  I seem to get booted back to the login screen much more frequently then actually making it to character select.

Once I am finally able to get to character select I have mixed results YET AGAIN!  one of two things happens at this point as well: 1) I select my character, it hangs for 30sec or so and then gives me a black screen saying "The Server is Not Responding" followed by another black screen with the dreaded "You Have Been Disconnected From the Server". (this result happens about 75% of the time that I actually make it to character select.) or 2) I finally make it into the game.

I have only been playing 6 toons recently as I have not had the energy to load in all 12 and try to play them, but it took me over 45minutes to just log in my 6 toons this morning, and the very first time I zoned 3 of them crashed.  As you can see from the myriad of issues that can cause me to be unable to log in a character on a single attempt why it can take such a long time to get my crew logged in.

If anyone can think of anything I can attempt to resolve this issue or is having the same difficulties I would love to hear it.  Also, as I said in the beginning of the post I have not made any changes that should affect my ability to log into the game, and my internet connection to all other things have been just fine all day so I do not think that the issues are on my end.  I know Hate/Akka have been experiencing Desync issues with t10 and have been working on attempting to resolve it so felt I would be as descriptive as possible with this post in case the issues are deeper than just t10 so they can attempt to fix everything that could possibly be wrong.
Nullyn Void

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 07:29:31 pm »

Also wanted to add, I've tried with and without macroquest without any different results.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 08:40:01 pm »

usually its an issue with the login server or your internet connectivity. Happens from time to time, not sure why.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 08:54:38 pm »

I had a hell of a time with this all weekend... my WWW is normally strong.. massive desync I really did not get much out of DL but that is ok:)

I to spent hours trying to get just 6 toons logged in only to have my healer or main tank DC as soon as I pulled..

I updated the spell file and the zone info for sunderock .. the rest I left alone? I have no idea if this is related or not.

I am just now sitting down in a hotel in Missouri and will try it here...a small prayer please!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 318