Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 04:25:16 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: We're Making A List!  (Read 44037 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2015, 08:45:34 pm »

We're looking to encourage them to start playing, not looking for ways to make content trivial and grind through it faster. T3/4 is fast and easy enough. Its not at all a roadblock or gut check. T1 rot bot and T2 DC armor is to ease players in. If by the time they hit T3/4 they are discouraged and feel as if the game is a "grind", then IMO its a great time for them to learn this and find another server; they wont survive T5 anyway.

Oh, and noticed one thing: halloween pets no longer get the First Mate's proc from the mana neck. I can definitely see why, given wizzies....but if so maybe we could give druids pet affinity, at least, and maybe defensive boon? That way at least the druid cast pet could survive more than 2 seconds in later zones Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:50:46 pm by Chunka » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2015, 10:16:34 pm »

This list has been amazing.

At 250% xp mask.. floor 1 mobs on tofs give 3aa.

At 250% xp mask.. floor 2 mobs on tofs give 3aa.

At 250% xp mask.. floor 3 mobs on tofs give 3aa.

At 250% xp mask.. floor 4 mobs on tofs give 3aa.

At 250% xp mask.. floor 5 mobs on tofs give 3aa.

At 250% xp mask.. floor 6 mobs on tofs give 3aa.

At 250% xp mask.. floor 7 mobs on tofs give 3aa.

Given theres no rainbows/gsoas in the zone, we could probably afford to scale this a touch to 4aa on floors 3-5 and 5aa on 6-7.. Nothing too crazy, but fairer.

I know its first world problems, but once you're farming masters for non-warrior   UWs, you don't need the resist stones, there's no plat on floor 7 to speak of (its literally 1-5 pp per bat/vamp corpse, and floor 7 would be a hilariously bad place to farm v2s with the only saferoom spawning Tserinna (the whole point of being there).

Yes, petty first-world problems, i agree. But scaling the AAs a touch might help. Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2015, 03:51:02 pm »

This list has been amazing.

At 250% xp mask.. floor 1 mobs on tofs give 3aa.

At 250% xp mask.. floor 2 mobs on tofs give 3aa.

At 250% xp mask.. floor 3 mobs on tofs give 3aa.

At 250% xp mask.. floor 4 mobs on tofs give 3aa.

At 250% xp mask.. floor 5 mobs on tofs give 3aa.

At 250% xp mask.. floor 6 mobs on tofs give 3aa.

At 250% xp mask.. floor 7 mobs on tofs give 3aa.

Given theres no rainbows/gsoas in the zone, we could probably afford to scale this a touch to 4aa on floors 3-5 and 5aa on 6-7.. Nothing too crazy, but fairer.

I know its first world problems, but once you're farming masters for non-warrior   UWs, you don't need the resist stones, there's no plat on floor 7 to speak of (its literally 1-5 pp per bat/vamp corpse, and floor 7 would be a hilariously bad place to farm v2s with the only saferoom spawning Tserinna (the whole point of being there).

Yes, petty first-world problems, i agree. But scaling the AAs a touch might help. Smiley

This is somewhat difficult as mobs' EXP value cannot simply be changed. The source handles EXP gains from working out the difference between the client and mob, at what level bracket, and with what modifiers/penalties are in play (zone exp mod, grouped/raided, exp mask, etc). I could potentially wring perl to do something special and fancy for us, but I doubt it would do to terribly much and may be more effort than it's worth.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2015, 05:13:19 pm »

/agree, not worth the effort. on to the next thing! Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2015, 08:09:36 pm »

Wouldn't it be easier to just add exp crystals at a rate equal to what you could gain exp at in normal exp zones?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2015, 08:46:13 am »

Wouldn't it be easier to just add exp crystals at a rate equal to what you could gain exp at in normal exp zones?

The gains would be so crazily minimal that the crystal rate may be nearing that if the GSOA, which won't help very much. I'll check into at least the levels of the NPCs to see if there is anything I can do.  ☺

-Hate

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2015, 08:30:07 am »

Could I make a request to have Drake skin looked at? In the past it was a 2min buff and made warriors able to pull HUGE groups and take literally no damage during the 2mins. I know that was way overpowered but now the buff currently lasts for what.. less than 20 secs with a hit counter included. I like the idea of a hit counter (take so many hits and it wears off) but I think the 20 secs or so is not enough for pulling in large zones like Temple of Veeshan, Oldcommons or Loping plains. Most I think park their group/raid somewhere and then round up some mobs and bring back to the group/raid. I just find myself having the buff drop before I even reach mobs in some cases. I usually cast it before I take off.. and cast it again when I come back to my raid but it has always seemed useless to cast prior to pulling since I barely get to bunch of mobs before it wears off due to the short timer.

Think we might be able to bump the timer on it a little longer to say... 45secs or more since it has a hit counter? I just wanted to ask. Thanks for listening.

Mix
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2015, 08:43:27 am »

Could I make a request to have Drake skin looked at? In the past it was a 2min buff and made warriors able to pull HUGE groups and take literally no damage during the 2mins. I know that was way overpowered but now the buff currently lasts for what.. less than 20 secs with a hit counter included. I like the idea of a hit counter (take so many hits and it wears off) but I think the 20 secs or so is not enough for pulling in large zones like Temple of Veeshan, Oldcommons or Loping plains. Most I think park their group/raid somewhere and then round up some mobs and bring back to the group/raid. I just find myself having the buff drop before I even reach mobs in some cases. I usually cast it before I take off.. and cast it again when I come back to my raid but it has always seemed useless to cast prior to pulling since I barely get to bunch of mobs before it wears off due to the short timer.

Think we might be able to bump the timer on it a little longer to say... 45secs or more since it has a hit counter? I just wanted to ask. Thanks for listening.

Mix

LoL

You missed a lot during your Haitus Mix.

GL

Grin

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2015, 02:29:12 pm »

It was nerfed way too hard which makes druids worthless imo, but I think we all realized we never needed druids anyway.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2015, 04:37:02 pm »

Hate....please, once again, take a look at Abyss for essence drop rates. I know you think its just rng, but something is WAY off. Even I dont see RNG streaks this bad. I am literally averaging less than 1 essence per clear, after 15 clears (12 in 15). Seen more than one clear with 0 essences. NEVER saw numbers that bad before. And no, I dont think the price has skyrocketed on these just because the mini is gone.....I seldom do the minis (HATE them, with a passion....wouldnt bother me at all if they all vanished!). A number of other players are seeing similarly abysmal (lol!) rates.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2015, 05:21:37 pm »

Umm... and just where are you Mister Fugitive!? Get yer ass back in the game! Hehe. Well.. I thought I would ask. I use my Druid for Drake, buffs and regen. I just thought Drake would be more viable if the timer was bumped up a little bit or even put back to the 2min or 1 min mark. It will still wear off if mobs attack you and the hit counter expires so it isn't as overpowering as before keeping you constantly healed for the full 2mins.

Just a small example, I pull the Obliterator camp in T9 just to the right of the lake where most park their toons and pull to. By the time I reach the obliterator camp I got maybe 8 secs left on the Drake buff. By the time I pull even half the camp.. they have obliterated thru the hit counter so the buff is worn off or it has worn off due to the short buff timer. If I want to run further than that... The buff has worn off before I pull anymore mobs much less round up more than 3 of the roaming ones, ie snakes, spiders, wisps, etc.

Maybe it was just meant to be a 'Last Stand' type of spell but I think the Cleric's Tower of Vie lasts for much longer or any other damage mitigation or damage protection spell such as UC. Those last 15-45 mins but have an absorption amount before it wears off.  Just asking to see if the timer on Drake couldn't be upped a lil. It shouldn't make the spell overpowered again since mobs can and will tear thru the hit counter just as they do now. I would just like to see it last a little longer so I have it up when I do reach that little camp of mobs that is further away who is just dying to tear me up.

Just trying to save my Druid! Grin
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:23:33 pm by Mixlor » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2015, 05:51:06 pm »

It was nerfed way too hard which makes druids worthless imo, but I think we all realized we never needed druids anyway.

Or as I brought up for months, the druids were likely broken with out Drake. Drake was BROKEN AS SHIT, giving players 30-45 sec of invulnerability, letting players carefully juggle it for literal invulnerability. Fixing one godmode spell isn't being nerfed too hard, it's fixing an exploit. Calm yer titties.

Chunka, that's something that will require a bit of digging and mathing (as well as log hunting). As I've stated a few times now, I have NOT touched T5 in a long time.

Mixlor, as druids are being reviewed, Drake is too. It was intended to be a tool to help a tank round up mobs somewhat. I may utilize a longer cooldown (i.e. 90s) AND the hit counter for a 30s buff (with scripted cooldown/cockblock to prevent abuse).

-Hate

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2015, 01:10:10 am »

Let me preface this by saying that I am not complaining, and I am glad druids are getting looked at. I was expecting the nerf as soon as I saw people complaining about it.

Pre-nerf we had 3 healers to chose from, two very powerful group healers who only needed to auto attack, and a single target healer who needed to keep up a very short duration buff. That was the trade off that nobody wanted to talk about. They could keep up a tank, but everyone else was on their own. A short burst of lag at the right time would also cut down any tank who got brave expecting drake to make them invincible.

Now druids are nothing but buff bots, as their healing is very much sub-par. Druid regen is good, but very limited because of how short it is, and how hard it would be to increase to a useful level without making it over powered. The server is not setup to make use of a dot class, and as they are limited to 4 target dots, they simply can't keep up with other dps. They have one hell of an hp buff, but that alone doesn't make them worthy of keeping around. What druids lack right now is a purpose.

I would also like to say thank you to our awesome gm's for the work they do, and the fact that they keep up communication with the players. I have played a lot of games, and never seen staff that works this well with the players before. I salute you.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2015, 06:25:25 am »

Couple of thoughts on Abyss:

I've been running some guildies through it and finished a good 15-20 runs.

Essences on the bosses are on par.

I too have had 0 essence runs, i have also had 4-5 essence runs.

In the 15-20 runs I have seen maybe 4-5 essences on trash total.

That really seems to be the difference is the essence rate on trash mobs is almost nil. The rainbow rate seems a fair bit lower than i remember, but 20ish runs is a small sample size to gauge global drops.

I also noticed running people through t7 that essences on trash were super rare there as well. It might be a floating number that got changed somewhere, something that got tweaked in a global update, could be our tinfoil hats at work as always, who knows.

As for something more productive than speculation:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Can we please remove the 'Kill all mob' type Bosses from the lotto list?

Alkare, Exoking, Malo King, Heliopora, Gorganion, Corallium, Alconcyea, Sea Nettle, Razorback, Harvester, Hive Father, Ice Cube, Yaggol, Monopoterus, Blurb, Alhoon, Mind Flayer.

17 of the 100 bosses are bosses you'd spawn.... triggering the lotto boss.. 18 if u count White. Could safely remove them from the trigger. I'd gladly lose White off the potential spawn list on lotto if it meant i didnt continual get slapped in the face with Alkare and Razorback and Heliopora et al.

Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149