Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 06:16:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: new player questions re: pofire scaling/group setup  (Read 6784 times)
tulsplat

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2015, 04:00:06 pm »

1) pofire says "scaling" on the zone list and just trying to figure out the exact mechanics.   instance only, or normal zone?   i went in at 58 or so and mobs were hitting for 800ish...went back at 61 with chunka buffs and they were quadding 4k.   conned red both times

2) how far can you get with just 3 toons?   what about 6?   assuming war+pal+dps , but not overly min-maxxed (i have some old chars that are still 3.0'd but I'm rerolling everything to relearn the new ezserver, so I can always pull them out for Terrorantula or MoW or whatever early overconned mobs there are in the early game).  is there a tier where you really need to start 2 or 3 grouping?   i can get by with MQ2 but I would prefer to do as few chars as possible...I don't mind a slower pace as long as it's not ridiculous

sorry for the noobie questions but I couldn't find these exact questions on the faq/wikis.  thanks!
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 05:08:26 pm »

all u need is an grp with tank heal and dmg 3-6box only for addi dmg or for buffs u need more toons all i really can tell is every new toon get an own account

Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 05:12:24 pm »

i think perfect is an box of 6 + 3 buffbots = 9 toons easy to controll u didnt need an PC like Yaves ...
1 Tank
1 Full Heal Cleric/Paladin
1 Heal Supporter Druid/Shaman
3 DD

1 Enc
1 Shm/Dru
1 Cle/Paladin

u got all importen things
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:15:01 pm by Poker-ecaf » Logged

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 05:56:53 pm »

you can bandaid the early levels like that.. at some point your tank is going to be a monster and you only need a single healer and then 4 dps toons..

but that is later in the game..

i used to roll 18 toons but now i never use more than 6

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 06:15:36 pm »

you can bandaid the early levels like that.. at some point your tank is going to be a monster and you only need a single healer and then 4 dps toons..

but that is later in the game..

Not exactly.  Later on you will really want two tanks (read that as warriors) because when new content comes out you WILL die....a second tank to engage after the first dies is really needed....or in oh shit situations where you would wipe if you didn't have that second tank.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 07:37:45 pm »

You can do all the way with 6.....but its harder to run just 6 than it is 12 when progressing. I know thats counter-intuitive but it literally takes longer to gear a team of 6 than it takes to gear 12. Later, when you have a core thats geared well, paring down is easy. In fact I've seen more than a few guys farem with 2 (UW war and healer).

I will say this: the old saw is 100% true! If you plan to run 12+ at any point, get em all to T5 at the same time. You dont wanna have to do that twice.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 09:17:39 pm »

With due <3 to the Chunka - I'm gonna disagree

IMO 6 toons is easier to load up... and 6 is perfectly fine to progress with - Warrior, Paladin, DPS, DPS, DPS (zerker, x, x)

Especially since any toon is going to be (practically) useless without a UC... IMO better to go ahead and gear 6 PROPERLY, then go back through T5 (dare I say it? the HORROR?!?!) with your other 6 if you choose to run 12. The DPS is so dependent on UC anyway... unless you have 12 with UC, you might as well just run 6

Plus it's less of a PITA to load up with 6 instead of 12.

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
tulsplat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 09:41:03 pm »

thanks for the replies, I may just get my 6 going until time/ldon and then see if i can handle more, I'm in no hurry.    I was curious when new tiers come out if they they were tuned for 6, 12 or what.

any info on how fire scaling works?  i know it doesnt matter at 70 or PLing I suppose but now that I'm levelling up it was a bit unexpected Smiley
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 09:42:50 pm by tulsplat » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 09:51:05 pm »

With PoFire's scaling, I'll add an explanation sometime this week on zone in.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
tulsplat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 11:41:45 pm »

thanks hate!
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 07:36:09 am »

Most of the time the crew my buddy and I run was 6, we have a tendancy to pick the more useless classes on the server and eventually stop logging them in.  However, since we've mostly caught up with the Jonses, we've been back through T5 at least 3 separate times now.

IMO, running through with 6 is more fun and less annoying with maintaining where people are, stopping to coh every few minutes because someone got stuck, etc.  It's also more challenging to do, however, if you properly gear up along the way, it's not difficult, just requires a time investment.

Even now with 12 toons, I try not to login more than 6.

My suggestion for 1 single group: War, Pal, Pal, Monk, Zerk, whatever else.  This gives you plenty of healing lower levels plus sets you up to split one off to another group in the future should you decide you need it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 291