Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:17:52 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Misc Updates 8-9-15  (Read 5086 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2015, 08:59:02 am »

Misc Updates

• Almost all damage spells from 1-70 have been made consistent in terms of cast time. Nearly every spell was adjusted to match the 70+ spells of same/similar effect. This causes some of the lowbie spells to no longer have a 45-90s recast, most direct damage spells to 0.9 - 2.0 sec cast, most AoEs to 0.0 - 1.5 sec cast, most DoTs to 0.5 - 1.5 sec cast, and most heals to 0.0 - 2.0 cast.
  • Fixed an issue where Breath of Nature and Word of Vivification (sp?) had inconsistent recast and recovery times.
  • Most DoTs across the board have 0.0 - 0.5s recovery (time before it unlocks bar). This should help with dumping DoTs more expediently.
  • VT/VT2 was a misunderstanding, was reversed, and expect next time an issue crops up to be more constructive and less childish (i.e. The Rymo prototype of a single 6man all UW group is now officially the server standard, although you could argue it was leaning that way beforehand anyways).
  • Slight drop rate increase to LDoN (almost nonexistent, but still an increase!).
  • Acquittal of the Tribunal, Timeless: Chlorobon, and Over Raided Healing all have cast time of 0.25 sec. This is not instant, VERY near instant, and should help with fizzle locking down the character for 10 full seconds. If this causes problems, please let me know and it can safely be undone.

New spell file, 8-9-15, is available now.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 10:37:21 pm »

While it's always nice to see a few updates on the back end of things, I just wanted to interject here on the claim that people are being overly childish in their questioning changes that massively impact their gameplay. Feel free to consider my response or straight up censor it out if you don't like it.

I'd wager that a vast majority of the threads made on these forums are either questions about how to maximize efficiency and/or various levels of feedback ranging from absolute crap to highly imaginative and potentially useful.  Regarding the latter, the only type of feedback that generally garners any sort of response from the devs is feedback that is barbed or urging the masses to grab their pitchforks and rally.  Honestly from both an active player point of view and from an inactive, nothing-to-log-on-for-til-T10-or-Halloween-arrive type player, feedback isn't a two way street generally.  Sometimes feedback is asked for, sometimes it's offered up and sometimes it's even acted upon...but the general sentiment from the people I choose to confide in is that it's mostly ignored until enough people get vocal enough about it to force some sort of response.

I understand that this is the devs' sandbox and they can apply and enforce any type of rules and or content changes that they see fit.  Heals could be removed tomorrow and every encounter could be a mad dps fest of kill it before it kills me...or dps could be mitigated in such a way that every encounter is a complete heal chain borefest if that's what the devs consider the best course going forward for the server is.  I also understand that flying off the handle, singling people out and berating them over voiced concerns and admonishing their lack of professionalism probably isn't the best response even to being targeted with players questioning the rationale behind changes they see impacting them...regardless of how much they are foaming at the mouth in their diction.

Conversely, people need to realize that there's no gestapo out to ruin their fun on EZ.  Devs aren't logging massive hours behind the scenes on their personal time outside of work schedules that most players on EZ would be lucky to half match in a given work week just so they can be targeted, questioned and implicated as the bane of the online gaming community as we know it.

People fuck up, most misunderstandings are the result of miscommunication and it goes both ways.  Maybe concerned individuals should be more active in reaching out to who they need to and less actively venting frustrations all over the boards.  I honestly don't care one way or the other...if people are ranting and raving it makes for good reading, but I also know that people are impassioned about EZ because they care about EZ and the direction it's headed and the direction it needs to go to keep improving the immersion we use this old-assed-outdated-as-hell game for.  We're all on the same side here, people just need to realize it and figure out how both sides can get keep on keeping on.

tldr; Krincle is always right even when he's wrong
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 04:50:41 am »

uh, yep!

pretty sure I agree, I think...maybe...I don't know

Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 08:10:29 am »

You will never convince me that hate isnt conspiring against us. I dont even think Dimurwar typed that part of the post it was prob hate.

First they take away our Gem Collector, Then our superior willowisp, then they declare marshall law and Obama becomes dictator.

Krinkle Sprinkle
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 08:12:22 am »

While it's always nice to see a few updates on the back end of things, I just wanted to interject here on the claim that people are being overly childish in their questioning changes that massively impact their gameplay. Feel free to consider my response or straight up censor it out if you don't like it.

You aren't doing anything horrifyingly racist, advertising crap, or threatening another player...you won't be censored. I'm simply tired of people exploding on forums and in PMs/emails about changes or fixes. If I !#@$@ed up, PLEASE tell me so like an adult. Chunka's post started out that way, which was great, but the normal QQ spiral occurred shortly after. I'm just done with being attacked for every little thing. If it's catastrophic (i.e removing heals), that's fine to be a bit more ...dramatic? However, minor adjustments that are a petty inconvenience don't need a butthurt brigade. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 11:48:01 am »

However, minor adjustments that are a petty inconvenience don't need a butthurt brigade. :-)

aww man.. we just got hats and everything..

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 153
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)